Trying to decide on DDP or DxDP? Also splitting meals?

mb_uh

DIS Veteran
I am considering doing the giftcard instead of room discount if we stay at deluxe that means a $750 gc so I am trying to decide it would be better to use the gc to pay oop for extra meals on the DDP or still get the DxDP. We are a party of 4(2a, 2 c5 &7). We are foodies and currently have 19 ADRS for a 8 day trip. We actually are not big eaters and plan to split meals and do several 2 credit ADRS. It would be about 350 for 5 days of deluxe versus regular but that includes the mugs we would probably still by at least 2 plus extra meals? What do you think?

Are we going to have problems splitting meals everyone is on the plan but 2 of us have had WLS and my kids normally share a kids meal because neither likes to eat, period except exotic food like shrimp, crab, losbster?

Last time we went we stayed off site and so we paid oop for all meals and most were table service and we split with no problem, will the dining plan make this an issue.

Thanks

Okay... from what I could make sense of the above...

Yes, you can split meals at most places, even on the dining plan, as long as the "sharers" are all on the same plan "account" (i.e., your room). The exceptions are places that don't charge by the plate but rather by admission (dinner shows, buffets, and the like) and I've seen some mention of Beaches & Cream not allowing sharing, though I have no clue as to why.

If you're going to do a lot of plate sharing, double-check to see how many meal credits you will actually need, and determine if you will be letting some of them go unused. Then decide if you'll be getting enough extra benefit to warrant the upgrade costs.

As for the gift card, I don't know if anyone's posted this idea before, but since you can't apply it to the cost of the room or the dining plan (since they both have to be prepaid), you can use it like a "discount" if you use it upgrade your tickets instead. Just book the package with the required 1-day base MYW tickets, then use the gift card to upgrade the tickets to what you'll actually need for the visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter