Trying Something New with Dining

It's working well for me. I tend to skip over the sounds of chewing and lips smacking because it gives me the heebie jeebies, so having multiple reviews with connecting commentary makes me feel like I still get something from the episodes.

I tend to skip over the sounds of chewing and lips smacking
This. Dining reviews should talk about the restaurant and the menu. Then skip to AFTER the meal has been eaten and give the review. It should not include watching or listening to the meal being consumed.

This. Dining reviews should talk about the restaurant and the menu. Then skip to AFTER the meal has been eaten and give the review. It should not include watching or listening to the meal being consumed.
While I understand people don’t necessarily like watching/listening to a meal being consumed, there is authenticity in the moment vs after a meal. To review the experience, you need the full process to play out, but the first reaction says the most from my experience. Watch an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. You can tell instantly what Guy thinks from that first bite regardless of what he says after. The reaction doesn’t lie, but I’ve seen it happen plenty of times where everyone is happy and enjoying meals and then when it’s over they are tearing it apart when that was the exact opposite of what was happening in the moment. If you’re willing to just trust the word after the fact then that’s okay, but I’d rather show you why you can trust our opinions.

When I have a chance to watch you guys on YouTube, I turn down the sound when you start eating but I still stay tuned in. I definitely want the full experience, but misophonia, ugh.

I am audio-only. I have been missing the Dining show so much over the pass months. Thank you Craig for bring it back. I understand your current difficulties in converting the youtube videos to audio. I like the new mixed version of the audio show. Please keep it going!

While I understand people don’t necessarily like watching/listening to a meal being consumed, there is authenticity in the moment vs after a meal. To review the experience, you need the full process to play out, but the first reaction says the most from my experience. Watch an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. You can tell instantly what Guy thinks from that first bite regardless of what he says after. The reaction doesn’t lie, but I’ve seen it happen plenty of times where everyone is happy and enjoying meals and then when it’s over they are tearing it apart when that was the exact opposite of what was happening in the moment. If you’re willing to just trust the word after the fact then that’s okay, but I’d rather show you why you can trust our opinions.
Totally valid point, Craig. As someone who watches triple-D regularly, though, I'll tell you that my least favorite part of that show is watching Guy stuff his face. He's not dainty about it at all. I don't need to see sauce smeared all over his beard, even though I appreciate hearing what he thinks about the food.

I guess I'm just old school. I grew up reading restaurant reviews in the newspaper. Not even any photos.

Totally valid point, Craig. As someone who watches triple-D regularly, though, I'll tell you that my least favorite part of that show is watching Guy stuff his face. He's not dainty about it at all. I don't need to see sauce smeared all over his beard, even though I appreciate hearing what he thinks about the food.

I guess I'm just old school. I grew up reading restaurant reviews in the newspaper. Not even any photos.
Hahahaha I love that we are two people who watch it regularly, but clearly enjoy it for different reasons. I love those moments when I see him go in for bite 2 or 3, because that's when I know a place is actually worth seeking out when I make it to the city he's in vs. the ones where he takes one bite, compliments the chef, and moves on.

Hahahaha I love that we are two people who watch it regularly, but clearly enjoy it for different reasons. I love those moments when I see him go in for bite 2 or 3, because that's when I know a place is actually worth seeking out when I make it to the city he's in vs. the ones where he takes one bite, compliments the chef, and moves on.

Edification that viewing food is subjective. It's akin to me saying Sheetz is a far better option than WAWA when I only view the offerings. Then I factor in quality, price and variety which makes me further maintain it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter