True or false?? Cdn special extension?!

Gripette

Earning My Ears
I just read on a french canadian wdw site that the Park Hopper Plus 7 days special "buy 1 get 2nd 50% off" was extended to July 15th 2003 with the exeption that you purchase the passes by April 19th 2003.

I called Disney reservation center and they were clueless.. .

Can anyone clarify whether this information is TRUE (please please!!) or false?

:bounce: TRUE! :Pinkbounc TRUE! :bounce: TRUE!!!!!!

:mad: FALSE !

Well that is no big suprise that they are clueless (don't ask-long story!)--when it comes to park passes my personal experience is that the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing! You may want to start with TDS in your area and check with them..they may know..or try reservations again..someone in the know may happen to answer. I spent hours (actually days may be more accurate) trying to get passes that were good before the actual start date-let us know what you find out! Good luck!
Grover in Winnipeg
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll check for you tomorrow. It would be great.

grover, does this feel like we've been through this before.:rolleyes:
Sorry, gripette I can't give you a straight anwer but grovers right, keep checking with all sources until you get an anwer (the one you want), also check with CAA and other travel agents. Maybe send an email to that site and ask them for verification.

Evil Queen- do you know anything about this?

Here's hoping your wishes come TRUE:Pinkbounc

I actually called our local CAA office yesterday since I need to buy passes for our trip in May and she told me they just got a fax yesterday saying that the offer has been extended to July 15 (I think) but you do still need to purchase them by April 19th.

I can tell you that we received a fax from World of Vacations. They are still selling the buy one get one 1/2 off. Book by April 19, 2003 for travel through June 30, 2003.

First Adult $489, Second Adult $244.50, First Child $389, Second child $194.50

Hope this helps. I am sure that other suppliers will be selling these as well. Check with TA's in your area, or perhaps Disney store, although it seems like they are often the last to know.

I saw an ad for World of Vacations in the Toronto Star last weekend. I thought they were extending the promotions themselves because it seemed like you had to book your vacation with them before you could buy the tickets... Maybe I'll give them a call :p

I was just at work tonight and saw something about an extension. I only briefly read it, so I don't have any details. Call or visit the Disney Store. I'm not working again until Saturday, so I won't be able to check until then.

Here's what's on our CAA site:

7 Day Park Hopper Plus Promo

Buy 1st ticket at regular price save 50% on your 2nd ticket and save 25% on the 3rd ticket.

Adults
1st Ticket - $312 US
2nd Ticket - $156 US
3rd Ticket - $234 US

Children
1st Ticket - $252.00 US
2nd Ticket - $126 US
3rd Ticket - $189 US

Tickets are vaild for park admission Nov. 15, 2002 - May 15, 2003. Tickets are not available for sale after April 30, 2003. Taxes included. All pricing is subject to change.

Okay... like I said before, I'll have to double check this when I go into work on Saturday, but I decided to call my store and ask what this extension was all about.

Apparently, the the expiry date has been extended to June 20, 2003. It looks as though the tickets still have to be bought by April 19th. The person that I spoke with at my store said that the details we have a very vague and that hopefully we will get something more soon.

So, although I can't be 100% sure of the date, it looks indeed like there will be an extension. Hopefully, I can find out more for everyone on Saturday.

I think this promotion is a giant mess this year. I was able to purchase these tickets for our trip in the first week of May. The ads clearly state up here that you must arrive by April 26. The Disney rep said don't worry that was a printing error and we'll honour these passes until May 15, despite your arrival date after April 26. Then the passes arrive and the fine print indicates that you must arrive before April 26 for them to be valid. Another call to Disney for written proof that I haven't just wasted $1000 US. They were very nice about sending a computer screen printout which vaguely indicates its valid until May 15. I am awaiting the formal letter. I am sure things will be fine with them but I would hate to be at the gates of the MK on the first day trying to explain this dilemma to a 17 y old CM.

Well, there is one thing that you won't have to worry about, and that is having to explain something to a 17 yr old CM. Anyone who works for Disney has to be a minimum of 18 years old.

:)

After visiting 4 different stores and heard so many different version of how much it's gonna cost and until when the passes are valid, we finaly bought our 7 days hopper plus pass!!! :D

We bought them at our CAA local store where they first said that it will cost 1 adult full price, 2nd 50% off, 3rd 25% off and for my DS5 full price 'cause there was only 1 child ticket!...

After saying that this didn't make any sense (why not 1st full price, 2nd half price, 3rd full price and 4th half price, no?!) she called her supplier and saw that we were right! After all the great service that CAA provided me, I even purchased a CAA travelers card!! (what a wonderfull deal they have!!)

So basicaly, if someone doesn't know about discount, or doesn't have internet connection or just thinks that "if there's any special or discount going on, we'll see that in the newspaper" well, this person will not be able to profit from any discounts unpublished.

Nobody offers discount rates and when they do, they don't even have the complete information. I keep going on the disney site and nothing about extension dates for that pass. They even have the original expiration date. Which troubles me, for the small fact that if somebody purchases these tickets, disney will sell them at regular price without mentionning the present discounts!
It's a 500$CDN difference for 3 adults 1 child!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I figure that for once, i'm the lucky one!

Disney reservation center, on the other hand, should fell ashamed for the lack of knowlegde of their prices and discount offered, it seems that everybody else knows except them or before them!!!

Just blowing off steam... I still LOOOOOOVE Disney!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester:

, I even purchased a CAA travelers card!! (what a wonderfull deal they have!!)

Gripette, can you tell us more about this?

Well, i surfed on the net a lot for our first trip to WDW and i saw that AAA and CAA members can have very good discounts on a bunch of stuff (restaurants, hotel, etc...), but i found that their member card was a bit expensive (80.00$CDN/year). We have a 2002 car and already have an "emergency car service" with GM.
I was sure that I would never get enough discount to pay my 80$ membership card.

When I paid my disney tickets, the lady asked us if we would like a TRAVELER'S member card, which includes FREE maps (as much as i want!!), itinerary from Montreal to Orlando (yes, we're driving!) and guide books of every state you're driving throught! Plus, I have what i wanted before: My membership! That means that i'm a member of CAA, but WITHOUT the emergency car service!

It cost me 30.05$ tx included. I found a good deal, isn't it?! They gave me 4 books (55$ value) and 10 maps (37.50$). And a good service!

Sounds like i work there!!!! (i don't, just happy with everything i've got!!)

By the way, with what i understood, it's not only for this trip (free maps and books etc...). It's AS MUCH AS I NEED!

:D :p :D

Both Grover and I (and a few others too) went through this at the beginning of the promo. See the spec. tickets went on sale Oct 26/02- but said that they weren't good until or valid for entry before Nov. 15. My vacation was Nov 7-14. Now I was really steaming, I called 3 stores, CAA, CRO (2X), and checked the websites & called 2 difference TA's asking them if they were good before Nov. 15. CRO said "of course" and read the info to me out of their own book. EVERYONE else said NO!- so I ordered them from CRO and had them fax me a letter & purchase receipt- stating I would be able to use them. - Grover did the same time out west, she even made them buy back the others reg.7php. During this time they changed the Disney website 2x- yes valid, then not valid :rolleyes: . So with letter in hand, as I went thru the ticket taker on Nov 8. …….NO problem...never needed the letter.(see Grover told you it was a long story)
Michael H - you have a letter (even if it's not "an official") that's all you'll probably need. If you actual even have a problem.
Gripette- the way the deal actual slices :the easy math is 25% off each ticket, I can't believe they were going to charge you full price for a child’s ticket....I'm happy that you called them on that. I hate to see people get ripped off 'cuz someone failed math in school.
Sorry to be so long winded, but this is the same issue that got me all fired up in Oct.
Disney reservation center, on the other hand, should fell ashamed for the lack of knowledge of their prices and discount offered, it seems that everybody else knows except them or before them!!!
Just blowing off steam... I still LOOOOOOVE Disney!!!

I couldn't have put it better myself!!!!!!- I definitely can relate! Have a Great trip both of you!

Yep, I still get fired up thinking about it as well--Wendy you explained it well...I would of just went on and on and on....(lol!--I just can't keep it short when it comes to this topic!).
It just irrates me to think that had we here not had the support of each other and info to share and been persistent that we would have lost major amounts of money...only because not everyone with disney is on the same page.
What ticked me off even more is line (I call it an excuse) that "offers are subject to change at any time" when I was inquiring why some people knew about the offer and some people didn't....that is fine with me if the offer changes-just make sure that everyone who is selling tickets is aware of the change!!!!!
Well I guess we can count ourselves as the lucky few who keep ourselves informed and perhaps save some cash doing it!!
Thank goodnes for the dis and our dis buddies!!!
Gripette--have a awesome trip--I'm glad you were able to get the tickets!!! And thanks for the info on the travellers card..I too have a new GM car and have roadside assist thru them so don't need a full fledged caa but this is something that may be a good idea!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

To clear things up: This is straight from the Canadian Disney Travel Agents ONLY website: (www.disneytravelagents.ca)

The special 50% off companion ticket must be purchased in Canada and is available for purchase until April 19, 2003 and valid for use at Walt Disney World from November 15, 2002 until June 30, 2003. (Note: the regular 7-Day Park Hopper Plus ticket purchased outside of this special offer does not have an expiration date). This special multi-day ticket is for Canadian residents only and may be purchased through your preferred Disney authorized Canadian wholesaler.

On a side note - this was posted there a back on March 20th:

Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort have activated a "no cancellation penalty" policy for room only and package reservations made through Disney Central Reservation Offices, regardless of the booking date or travel date, from March 20 to April 18, 2003. (The Central Reservation Office cancellation fee is a one-night room charge plus tax for cancellations made within five days of the arrival date).

IMHO - Disney is adding/changing codes and stuff each and every day on CM's (it must be difficult to keep them all up to date) If you get a CM on the phone who is clueless to this info, simple insist on speaking with someone who DOES know what's going on...

From disneyworld.ca:

http://www.disney.ca/vacations/disneyworld/offer/index.html

*Tickets are available for purchase only in Canada by Canadian residents only. Tickets are valid for arrival 11/15/02 - 06/30/03. Two or more Special Offer 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Tickets must be purchased at the same time. If one of the two persons traveling together is between the ages of 3 and 9, the 50% reduction shall be on the lesser priced ticket. Each additional guest will receive 25% off their Special Offer 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Ticket. Ticket entitlements on this Special Offer 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Ticket are the same as the 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Ticket sold at the gate in Florida but are date limited and must be utilized by July 15, 2003. Nondiscounted 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Tickets have no expiration date.

One says use until JULY 15 another June 30? so which is it?
It's okay, I'm not going so noboby really has to reply.

Watch, next they'll extend the purchase date.

Why don't they just make that the deal to Canadians all the time!!!! since we can't get a DVisa card & DC is about to end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter