Trouble Printing "My Itinerary" from MDE

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by imaginiff, Aug 9, 2017.

1. imaginiff

imaginiff Mouseketeer

Sorry, don't know if this is the right forum to post this. I've been trying to print "My Itinerary" from My Disney Experience. When looking at my computer screen, everything shows, my fast passes, dining, my personal notes. When I go to print, the only thing showing is "my notes". Fast passes don't show up. I sent an e-mail to Disney, got a response to try clearing cookies and cache and if that doesn't help, gave me a phone number to call. Well that didn't work so I called the number, waited 15 minutes, finally talked to someone that told me the resort can print it out for me (um, no, I like to have it ahead of time). Said there is nothing she can to do help. Asked to speak to a supervisor, got a nice, knowledgeable person; however, should could not help me because she was the resort reservation help desk. So transferred me to internet help desk.....the recording said another 15 minute wait, so I hung up.

Am I the only one having trouble printing? I'm using google chrome (never had an issue before) and also tried internet explorer.

Thanks in advance.

2. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

I've never printed it before. I have screenshot the most important info and made it my lock screen on my phone.

FelisLachesis and epcotty like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. imaginiff

imaginiff Mouseketeer

Good idea....but I'm not really a "phone" person. I like my paper and pen and make notes on my itinerary (going with my sister-in-law and we don't live close enough to meet up in person to make plans, so the itinerary is a big help.....and unfortunately, she doesn't remember her log-in info for her computer for MDE and has it stored on her i-pad but doesn't know how to print from it) :sad2:

I could do a "print screen" with Word. And can refer to the MDE app when there. But I'm OCD about planning. But I'm going to do some screen shots too....thanks for the idea.

5. ScrapYap

ScrapYap DIS Veteran

Do you have the same people booked for the same set of FP, for the most part? If not, you might want to do screenshots of the View My Plans section - which lists the specific FP users (which the Itinerary doesn't).

6. JungleCruiseFan

JungleCruiseFan Mouseketeer

I think its an internet setting on your computer somewhere. I always print mine out too. I tried to print it out for my brother in law a few weeks ago for his trip and had the same thing happen on both of his computers that you are having happen. I get home and it prints out just fine on mine. We couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work on his.
    MY suggestion is to try on someone else's computer, friend family member or at work if you are allowed to print at work.

imaginiff likes this.
  7. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

I've always printed from "My Reservations and tickets."

I end up with about 4 pages. (That is for 2 trips, one week long each, two weeks apart.)

Maybe that will work for you.

Bete likes this.
  8. TeamEvansGo

TeamEvansGo Mouseketeer

You can always take a screen shot and print that out. You can't get too angry that WDW doesn't offer a printing option, most of the world doesn't use paper like that anymore.

9. imaginiff

imaginiff Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did call again....no help there again, but got the "WDW does not want waste"....and she was quite surprised when I told her that the DVC resorts do not offer recycle bins for glass. So TEAMEVANS...not angry at WDW....they DO OFFER the printing option, but it sucks....you can waste a whole lot of paper printing something out...and then being disappointed that you didn't get what you thought you were getting. And have you tried to see your phone screen on a bright sunny day at WDW? Better yet, how about plowing into someone who decided to stop and check their phone...not even caring about the people behind? LOL I usually print out driving directions, but on a recent excursion, my DD said "don't worry, I've got it on google maps". Well, sure enough, at a crucial point she said "WTF no service"....an unpleasant discussion took place....anyway.....junglecruisefan...I'm going to try and get my sisterinlaw to remember her signin to see if she can print it out on her computer. If not, I will just make my own itinerary on Microsoft Word. So sad, I really did love the My Itinerary print feature.

10. karrit2000

karrit2000 DIS Veteran

I usually am able to print it but at least one day of my Itinerary always prints out with just the date on one page & then goes to at least a second page to print the actual itinerary details. This happens every time to at least one day.