Trouble booking reservations online

TLM2015

Mouseketeer
I'll preface this with the fact that I booked through a travel agent. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. We are staying on site for Aug 22-28th, MDE allows me to look at the available reservations for that timeframe because I am within my booking window but I get a error message and need to call. When I did call, even though my reservation shows up on MDE, it is listed with a different address according to the call center. They allowed me to book reservations but I am baffled as to why I cannot book reservations online since it is linked to my MDE and my name is on the reservation.

Has anyone else run into this issue when through a 3rd party? I know that previously when I used Orbitz, the magic band address was a completely random address which I had to change so maybe this is just a third party room booking issue but I'm not sure in the past I have booked direct so this is the first time I'm running into this.

I'll preface this with the fact that I booked through a travel agent. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. We are staying on site for Aug 22-28th, MDE allows me to look at the available reservations for that timeframe because I am within my booking window but I get a error message and need to call. When I did call, even though my reservation shows up on MDE, it is listed with a different address according to the call center. They allowed me to book reservations but I am baffled as to why I cannot book reservations online since it is linked to my MDE and my name is on the reservation.

Has anyone else run into this issue when through a 3rd party? I know that previously when I used Orbitz, the magic band address was a completely random address which I had to change so maybe this is just a third party room booking issue but I'm not sure in the past I have booked direct so this is the first time I'm running into this.
Yes! it happened to us last year and we booked through a TA. I was able to book our arrival day but not the days after that. I even contacted my TA and she swore it has nothing to do with them. We booked through the same TA for this years trip and I make our ADR's on 3/6, and I am expecting the same thing to happen. Not sure if we booked through the same TA, but we may have. We are going Sept 2-10th. I do not know why there is a problem when everything is linked on MDE and showing up fine. We had an issue on our FP day as well last year. The system said we had no tickets, but we did and they were there in the system, so I had to call and they quickly fixed it and I was able to do FP's.

I booked at the beginning of the week, not booked through TA but couldn't book using the app on my phone - had to go onto our computer and then it worked. It was a bit frustrating not sure why I could do one an not the other... I updated the app as well

I got up early to book online today and kept getting "sorry for the paws". I had to wait until 7am to call in and had to get earlier times because of this. I am so aggravated. At 6am, the times I wanted were available but by the time I booked, we had to take earlier times. We booked thru a travel agent. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I don't think they are loaded properly ... something's going on. For example for Tuesday Aug 21st there is almost nothing available ... something's screwy- keep checking this morning and I bet your times will come up eventually

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is one of my worries about booking with TAs since I like to have control over my reservation and I had always read that you still can book dining and FP+ but it seems like it is more of a hassle. That being said, I got a ridiculously good deal that is worth the aggravation I think??? I'm wondering if this is all TA or this particular agency because of how they are able to get deals which I've heard is by booking blocks of rooms at group rate and then reselling? But since Orbitz did the same thing with the weird address on the booking when I ordered Magic Bands I'm assuming it would have been the same problem had I tried to reserve dining 180+ days out.

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is one of my worries about booking with TAs since I like to have control over my reservation and I had always read that you still can book dining and FP+ but it seems like it is more of a hassle. That being said, I got a ridiculously good deal that is worth the aggravation I think??? I'm wondering if this is all TA or this particular agency because of how they are able to get deals which I've heard is by booking blocks of rooms at group rate and then reselling? But since Orbitz did the same thing with the weird address on the booking when I ordered Magic Bands I'm assuming it would have been the same problem had I tried to reserve dining 180+ days out.
we were booked this way, had to change the address for MB, ect and had no problems with booking dining at 180.

We book with a TA and the first thing I do is change the address to ours, because it is the TAs address

I have a TA deal and I had trouble booking our 180+ ADRs last week. It would show me all of my dates but I would get the "sorry for the paws" message for anything beyond the 180 days. I had to call but it didn't work with the automated system either, only with talking to a CM. With the second reservation (doing a split stay) I had no problems booking the whole 180+. Very confusing and frustrating!

Yeah I went back in and changed my address when I did the Magic Bands but I was still having trouble. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw because I too can see all my days on my stay to book but I get the Sorry Paws message. Anywho, I booked via phone. Thanks for everyone's input though.

So evidently it works on the app. I called Disney and they are issues a ticket for my issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter