Tropical System in Bahamas - port change options?

i keep looking at the radar and hoping this storm will just go away lol
this latest track looks like sandy could be out of the way sat 2:00am, that gives us our CC back on Saturday? i'll try to stop watching these reports, making me nuts! :badpc:

:wave2: HI Wendy and Grumpy :)

elainyaeq said:
i keep looking at the radar and hoping this storm will just go away lol
this latest track looks like sandy could be out of the way sat 2:00am, that gives us our CC back on Saturday? i'll try to stop watching these reports, making me nuts! :badpc:

:wave2: HI Wendy and Grumpy :)

lol me too, and yet here I am on my IPad with flhurricane.com bookmarked.

That may be when she is scheduled to be there.

Switching the Nassau and Castaway Cay days for the Dream is being considered by DCL. One would assume that means DCL would alter the Fantasy's schedule as well.

Only time will tell.

That's fine....I was just stating a fact. About the only change I can see for Fantasy would be if they could not make it to CC on Friday due to weather. The ship will be heading back from St Thomas starting Wednesday evening and has a sea day on Thursday. Hopefully everything will work out for your Dream cruise because there is nothing more disappointing than missing a port that you are looking forward to. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Stay positive! We sailed in September when Hurricanes Leslie and Michael were tracking to hit Canada. We were a little worried since it is so rare for the storms to go that north and only happened when we booked a Canada cruise lol. We were not impacted at all and had beautful weather. Luckily we sail with DCL for the ship and not the ports. You will have a great time and remember that DCL wouldn't risk putting passengers and their very expensive ships in danger.

We were on the Magic in Nov 2001 during Hurricane Michelle, original ports were Freeport, Nassau and Castaway Cay, we went to Charleston, SC and did make if back for a slightly battered Castaway Cay. It wasn't the vacation we expected, but we had a good time, and booked our second cruise while on board.
Donna

I'm on this cruise as well, celebrating my dad's 70th birthday. I'm not as worried about the ports; I'm more worried about rough seas as my mom and son tend to get queasy. Even if we steer away from the actual storm, how rough will the seas be? I know it's hard to tell, and because I'm so stressed about it, I'll probably feel more movement than I should!

I was on a previous cruise that changed CC and Nassau days due to a hurricane. We did not find out about the change until @19:00 the first evening out of PC.

I'm on this cruise as well, celebrating my dad's 70th birthday. I'm not as worried about the ports; I'm more worried about rough seas as my mom and son tend to get queasy. Even if we steer away from the actual storm, how rough will the seas be? I know it's hard to tell, and because I'm so stressed about it, I'll probably feel more movement than I should!

I cruised with Royal Caribbean in 2004 and skirted the outside of Hurricane Alex. Seas were fairly rough at 15-20 feet. There was a period of about 18 hours were the boat was rocking pretty good. That evening, the ship was fairly empty. Lots of folks hunkered down in their room. I ended up going to bed early that evening myself. By the next morning, things were back to normal.

Remember, the wind field can be hundreds of miles wide around a storm. And they are suggesting that there may be marine warnings up for the east coast of Florida. Hard to say how your individual experience may be. Might have no issue at all.

Regardless of the size of the ship or the fact that the ship has stabilizers, rough enough seas will toss it around. Not trying to scare you - just relaying my experience.

Hope for the best!

This past August we were to sail to the Western Caribbean and along came Ernesto. We flew into Orlando the night before. We we landed in Orlando, I had a email from Disney letting us know that we were now sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. When we arrived at the Port, they had special flyers with the new ports, times and excursions. We were disappointed to be going somewhere different. But it was a great cruise. We were able to get the new excursions we wanted. And we met lots of people who told us there experiences during rough seas. We were glad that Disney found smooth seas.

My advice, is to relax. If your ports get changed look at as a new adventure.

This storm is so big and wide spread, i haven't a clue where we'll end up, it's like a mystery cruise at this point lol i'm only hoping we are not stuck at sea the entire time and i'm nervous about rough seas too, we have our motion pills so hopefully that will help. my dad is 70 and mom is 65, they may get quesy... :sick: nontheless we are all still looking forward to going. We leave tomorrow out of PC and haven't heard any news about our itenerary changing yet, i'm sure it will though with those high winds and it doesn't look good for our CC visit. :sad2:

It's our very own Dream Mystery Cruise!

Fitting for us, since we are dressing as Mystery Inc. for Halloween onboard! :goodvibes

Got off the phone with DCL about an hour ago, just to see what they had to say. No surprises- "don't worry, the cruise will happen, any changes to the itinerary can't be decided upon until much closer to departure time, etc". The CM mentioned some possible options in passing, not promising anything mind you, but one caught my attention. She mentioned San Juan as a possible alternate used on past cruises. I like San Juan, that'd be great, but I'm not sure that's even doable on a 3 night cruise. Has anyone heard of or been on a cruise where the ship was able to make it that far in one night?

I am hearing from a friend who is on the Fantasy now, that they may miss CC on Friday.

gometros said:
I am hearing from a friend who is on the Fantasy now, that they may miss CC on Friday.

I would say they absolutely will.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm on the 10/25 cruise! Sooooooooo BUMMED right now!!!!!

hang in there- i've been through this before and it usually works out for the best....

to answer the question, we were on a 7-day WC in May of 2009 and were rerouted not by weather but by the swine flu epidemic in mexico- ship altered course and stopped in nassau in place of mexico so yes, they will alter course to keep people safe...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter