Tron: post your experiences here regarding ride and Alternate Seating

Marshel

Mouseketeer
When reading an article about the Tron rolller coaster, I finally found confirmation that rear row seats on at least some of the trains will have upright seats with lap bars. Had heard rumors of this, but this was the first time I've actually seen it confirmed. This is really great news to those of us who struggle to get on FOP and were worried about having the same issue on Tron. Aternative seating to be available on Tron

I can just imagine how long the lines will be for these cars if there is only one on some of the trains🙁
Cast Previews they are quoting 30 mins longer for the upright carts vs. the ones in the front. Now, Imagine the regular open day and those seats will be more then 1 to 2 hours more wait time for those seats up front. It is going to be a super LONG LINE for those people.

After looking at some of the photos online, it seems like you’re going to be in a “kneeling/semi-kneeling” on the bike seats, so getting up and then off might be a challenge for some of us.

Tim Tracker confirmed this on Instagram yesterday. The back row is for guests with disabilities or those who want to ride but don’t fit the bike.

Wanted to add a few things from a related thread on the DIS. That thread focuses on larger sized guests, but there's discussion of other reasons as well that could prevent guests from riding on the bike vehicles.

From an article posted on the DIS two days ago:

"There was a line of people waiting for the “bench seat.” As of this writing, only two trains have this particular seat. I’m told they plan for all the trains to be outfitted soon. I’m not sure if this was always in the plans or decided now that they see how many people need it."

And for anyone who wants to see more about the bench seats vs bike seats, here's a video posted today.

Wanted to add a few things from a related thread on the DIS. That thread focuses on larger sized guests, but there's discussion of other reasons as well that could prevent guests from riding on the bike vehicles.

"There was a line of people waiting for the “bench seat.” As of this writing, only two trains have this particular seat. I’m told they plan for all the trains to be outfitted soon. I’m not sure if this was always in the plans or decided now that they see how many people need it."

And for anyone who wants to see more about the bench seats vs bike seats, here's a video posted today.

Thanks for sharing. The guy on the video did a very good job showing and explaining everything - especially how to position for the restraints to fit.

Pretty sure I won’t ride. Would fit just fine, but I don’t look forward to the sick feeling I got on Guardians of the Galaxy

Where on the video is the bench seat? I don't have 26 minutes to watch the whole thing, and skimmed through but couldn't find it? TIA!

Where on the video is the bench seat? I don't have 26 minutes to watch the whole thing, and skimmed through but couldn't find it? TIA!
It’s at around the 9 minute point. His friend and child rode it first, then he rode it.
These are screenshots from his video
E0863CAC-067F-46C7-B2B1-47A6EE9D9795.jpeg94E92A35-90CB-42F4-AAF0-D6940B951241.jpeg
A84D0937-8ADD-48D6-9F6D-660907BC3BDB.jpeg

What I’ve read in other places is that the door side of the folds down to make a sliding board type entrance like Slinky Dog. That also makes the opening wider

The little girl in above picture does not look secure. She rode so it was fine .
In the video, you can see that she was able to pull the lap bar down far enough to secure her yo the seat. It doesn’t show real well in my screenshot
Do all of the modified cars have that?
From what I’ve read, all the alternative TRON vehicles do.

Great video. I know the CM's are also learning how to help riders and hopefully when it opens they will be able to work with the riders by telling them to adjust their feet all the way back.

Thanks for sharing. The guy on the video did a very good job showing and explaining everything - especially how to position for the restraints to fit.

Pretty sure I won’t ride. Would fit just fine, but I don’t look forward to the sick feeling I got on Guardians of the Galaxy
For what it’s worth, I got extremely sick on GotG but did not get sick at all on Tron.

Also, my husband did not fit in the seat, so we waited for the “rover” car. It was an extra 25 minutes in an extremely small area, right where they send everyone else to load. I’m not sure how it will work when the ride officially opens, but they were sending everyone through the regular line first.

For those who use DAS, it looked like the entry point for the Lightning Line was right before the line for the lockers, and it was an extra 20-25 minutes before loading in an extremely claustrophobic line (for me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter