Trip with all new dining experiences?

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I just booked a quick trip for February and am thinking of doing all new restaurants for the few days we are there. We tend to go back to the same places and maybe try one new restaurant each vacation.

Also, since we're only there for a few days I'm debating whether or not to skip TS restaurants and stick to counter service to save time.

Not sure if this is too much change for me or not. :scratchin What do you think?

Not being tied down to ADR's is very freeing. Try it.
There are lots of great counter service places all over Disney, except at HS.

We try new TS every trip. Getting the park hopper is essential for us. We like to eat so counter service just doesn't cut it. I'd say go for it.

I like to try as many new places as possible while still going to a couple favorites. When we go with the whole family (7 adults) we usually end up going to the same places. My wife and I are more adventurous eaters and like to try new things...so for our January trip we have 12 reservations over 12 days and 8 of them are new places. For a shorter trip, I would be much more willing to try all new places. I would go for it.

We have hoppers! We're going to do all new places, it will be a fun adventure. :) I think we'll end up with a mix of TS and CS, looking forward to finding some new favorites. :thumbsup2

We don't mind being tying down to reservations. We like the chance to relax after a busy day.

As for new places, I am thinking the same way. For our upcoming 9 day trip I am thinking to book at least 5 new places.

I booked the MK plaza dessert party, it's new plus will save me the aggravation of finding a spot an hour beforehand. Win win. :upsidedow

For four straight years, we booked entirely new experiences when planning ADRs. We didn't necessarily plan it that way, it just worked out that the ADRs we snagged were new to our party (I travel with extended family...usually a party of eight to fourteen).

We went on our fifth consecutive family trip last August, and for the first time, we repeated a couple of dining experiences. I took my kids to Sci-Fi, which I went on the year before (on a trip when they were in school). We also repeated 'Ohana breakfast, an experience we had (including my kids) four years before. And for the first time, we visited a restaurant (Grand Floridian Cafe) for more than one meal.

I loved our trip this year. We had planned ADRs (at the Wave and Bier Garten and our second go at Sci-Fi) and unplanned, last minuted ADRs (that included a night-before reservation for 'Ohana as well as a meal at Brown Derby for lunch). We really enjoyed our 'first time' experiences and enjoyed going back to others as well. I think our next trip will be similar...we'll plan some ADRs but leave room in our schedule for spur of the moment ones as well.

You might look into some of the lounges too. I've heard some pretty great things about Crew's Cup Lounge at Yacht Club, for example. And at Tambu Lounge you can have the famed Ohana bread pudding without the hassle of an Ohana ADR!

We tried not booking TS places on a quick trip and after a couple of times, we decided we needed to get some TS ressies. So on such short notice it forced us to try some off the beaten path places for us. I vote for getting some ressies, if you decide you don't want them, cancel. But I like your idea of trying all new places.

We found ourselves eating at our favorites too and now make sure to choose at least one new restaurant each trip. We are at Disney right now and just tried the Boathouse yesterday for the first time. I would highly recommend it for the service as well as the food. DH had the swordfish and I had the crab cake. If you haven't tried Grand Floridian Cafe, that's another great one! Have fun discovering new places!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter