Trip tip: Where to meet characters (includes information on character meals and what characters you

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
You’re coming to Islands of Adventure to ride the Amazing Adventures or Spider-Man, but you also want a photo and autograph from the superhero. Where can you find him and other Universal characters?

CHARACTER MEET AND GREETS

At specified times during the day, the characters will come out for a meet and greet.

At Universal Studios, Woody Woodpecker’s Trolley Character Meet and Greet occurs in Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone. Islands of Adventure has a Toon Trolley Character Meet and Greet at Toon Lagoon. The characters come out of a colorful trolley, do a short dance, and then sign autographs and pose for photos. You can meet the Marvel superheroes during the Meet the Marvel Super Heroes mini parade on Marvel Super Hero Island. The Marvel superheroes and villains travel down the street in ATVs and one-person floats.

Check your park map for the meet and greet times.

ATTEND A CHARACTER MEAL

Confisco’s Grille at Islands of Adventure has a character lunch daily from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Characters come out and interact with you. You can pose for photos and they can sign autographs. The tables are covered with brown wrapping paper. You and your kids can draw on the table. Some characters may join in too. A meal costs $10 to $15 per person. Call (407) 224-4404 for reservations.

The Trattoria del Porto at the Portifino Bay Hotel has a character dinner on Monday and Friday. Dinner costs about $13 to $25 per person. Call the Concierge at (407) 503-1200 for times and reservations.

GO TO A HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have a Happy Birthday Celebration. You can celebrate with the park’s characters. If you have a birthday on the day you visit the park, you get cake, a birthday hat, and a sing-a-long. Islands of Adventure has the celebration at Circus McGurkus. At Universal Studios, you can celebrate at Café La Bamba.

There is no extra charge for the birthday celebration. Check your park map for times.

ATTEND A SHOW

Shows occur several times a day at both parks. After the shows, the performers usually come out for a meet and greet. At Universal Studios, you can meet and greet the performers at the end of Beetlejuice’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Graveyard Revue and theWild Wild Wild West Stunt Show. You can meet characters at the end of the Dr. Seuss Presents: A Something for Everyone show at Islands of Adventure.

Seuss Landing has the Circus McGurkus Seussian Sing-a-Long. Inside the Circus McGurkus Café and Theater, you can join Ringmaster McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, Thing 2, and others for lunch. You can clap and sing along during the show. Meet your favorite Seussian characters after the show.

Also note that characters appear throughout the park periodically. Keep an eye out for your favorite!

You can see the following characters:

Islands of Adventure
Spider-Man, Captain America, Rogue, Storm, Green Gobin, Dr. Doom, Wolverine, Popeye, Olive Oil, Dudley Do-Right, Woody Woodpecker, Beetle Bailey, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Boris, Natasha, Dr. John Hammond, Merlin, gypsy, Adventure Guy, Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, Thing 2, the Grinch, Horton, Green Eggs Guy

Universal Studios
Woody Woodpecker, Men in Black, the Nutty Professor, Doc Brown, Ghostbusters, Lucy and Ricky, Marilyn Monroe, the Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, Scooby-Doo and Shaggy in the Mystery Machine, Barney, Fred, Betty, some Rugrats characters

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

What to know how to get to the front of the line at Universal Orlando? Click HERE!

Even though we aren't going until Oct., I know I'll be asking some of these very questions later on, so I printed alot of this off so I won't have to ask!LOL! I love all the info I get off these boards! :D

Thanks a lot Barry for all the great info! Your tips will for sure make my vacation a better one! ;)

thank you Barry. I knew there was another character meal but the last few post have said only the Confisco’s lunch. We leave in 4 hours. I can't wait

<font color= red Comic Sans MS> All Star Music-April 2000 </font>
<font color= purple font= Comic Sans MS> Shades of Green- May 2002 </font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter