Trip Report

NannyBeBe

DIS Veteran
My family and I were in Disneyland for 5 days, June 7 to June 11.

Our room: We stayed at the Castle Inn and Suites. My daughter chose the hotel and I must admit I was skeptical because I had not heard much about the Castle on these boards. My fears diminished the minute I walked into the room. The bathroom was immaculate, quite possibly the cleanest bathroom I have ever had in a motel. The bed linens were crisp and clean. We had four fluffy pillows on each queen bed and plenty of towels, face cloths, etc. The coffee pot was small but the coffee was quite acceptable. I tested the carpet with my white socks and with a baby wipe. No dirt whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again. We had an executive mini suite, which had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Next time I will request a corner room, which has a second sink and mirror aside from the bathroom. The hotel also has plenty of parking and a nice pool area.

We used the Disneyland Resort Express to and from the airport and were very pleased with the service.

As we left our room on the first day and started our walk to DLR, a homeless lady passed by us and said, “Have a bad day.” We found it an amusing start to our vacation.

On our first day, my daughter found a little boy who was crying and obviously lost and helped him find his grandpa. I walked by a young girl suffering with a blister on her foot and gave her a band aid. Good feelings. We actually only encountered one unfriendly person, a woman who thought I had cut in the line at Jolly Holliday.

Max Pass: We used Max Pass every day and loved it. I highly recommend it.

Fuel Rod: We purchased a fuel rod and found it very useful.

Security Lines: Oh my goodness. Disney definitely needs to do something about this. We averaged 30 to 45 minutes waiting each day. The CMs were looking into every nook and cranny of backpacks, diaper bags, etc. Surely they can afford to hire more people and open more lines.

Pirates of the Caribbean: We saw no sign of Davy Jones on the ride. How can there be pirates without Davy Jones? Disappointing.

Soarin’: We expected to not like this as much as Soarin’ Over California but actually liked it very much. Disney did a good job on this.

Bathrooms: Disney needs help with their bathrooms. Water in the sinks comes out at a very low flow, which means it takes longer to wash one’s hands. Then the paper towels come out in 6-inch lengths. Who can dry his hands on 6 inches of paper? At least three sheets were required to dry one’s hands.
Some may think these things are silly to complain about but I found it annoying.

Now to Food: Mobile ordering was awesome. Hopefully Disney will add more and more sites to this service.

The good stuff:

Roasted chicken at French Market;

Breakfast at Flo’s;

Low and Slow Club at Flo’s;

Mickey waffles and sausage at Carnation Café;

Cheeseburger and pomme frites, cauliflower sandwich, and gray stuff at Red Rose;

Jungle Julep at Bengal Barbecue was very refreshing;

Spaghetti at Storyteller’s;

Breakfast croissant at Jolly Holliday was very buttery but yummy;

Earl of Sandwich

Corn dogs, of course

We found the coffee at Flo’s and Red Rose to be very good.

The not so good stuff: In the past we always enjoyed the food at Zocalo. This time we felt it had gone down in quality; the kid meals were inedible. The only good thing was the Cinnamon Crisps. We do come from southern Arizona, where our Mexican food is superb, so maybe we were overly critical.

We enjoyed the Dole Whips and beignets, but the lines were ridiculous.

We had one dinner at Brennan’s. Absolutely delicious. Highly recommend. Also ate at Blue Bayou; food was good but some portions were small. We had a reservation for 3:40 and were able to get a table by the water for our party of seven.

We found the average price of a meal to be between $20 and $30, except of course for Blue Bayou and Brennan’s.

Beignets were 6 for $7.99; sodas were $4.00; pickles were $3.99; churros were $4.75;

Rose gold ears were in almost every store. I bought a pair, just because.

The weather was quite nice; a bit warm in the afternoon but that was when we retreated to Clarabelle’s for ice cream and sat for a while. We had 5-day hoppers so were not in any hurry.

That's a great trip report, great reading thanks!
Sounds like you guys had a great trip! - 'Have a bad day', what a crack-up : )

Pirates of the Caribbean: We saw no sign of Davy Jones on the ride. How can there be pirates without Davy Jones? Disappointing.

n15dhz.jpg

Did you check DCA? pirate:

hAw0Sy

Great report!!
We are staying at the Castle for the 1st time next week and am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay.

Security Lines: Oh my goodness. Disney definitely needs to do something about this. We averaged 30 to 45 minutes waiting each day. The CMs were looking into every nook and cranny of backpacks, diaper bags, etc. Surely they can afford to hire more people and open more lines.
Did you arrive before park opening? If so, how long before opening?

My family and I were in Disneyland for 5 days, June 7 to June 11.

Our room: We stayed at the Castle Inn and Suites. My daughter chose the hotel and I must admit I was skeptical because I had not heard much about the Castle on these boards. My fears diminished the minute I walked into the room. The bathroom was immaculate, quite possibly the cleanest bathroom I have ever had in a motel. The bed linens were crisp and clean. We had four fluffy pillows on each queen bed and plenty of towels, face cloths, etc. The coffee pot was small but the coffee was quite acceptable. I tested the carpet with my white socks and with a baby wipe. No dirt whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again. We had an executive mini suite, which had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Next time I will request a corner room, which has a second sink and mirror aside from the bathroom. The hotel also has plenty of parking and a nice pool area.

We used the Disneyland Resort Express to and from the airport and were very pleased with the service.

As we left our room on the first day and started our walk to DLR, a homeless lady passed by us and said, “Have a bad day.” We found it an amusing start to our vacation.

On our first day, my daughter found a little boy who was crying and obviously lost and helped him find his grandpa. I walked by a young girl suffering with a blister on her foot and gave her a band aid. Good feelings. We actually only encountered one unfriendly person, a woman who thought I had cut in the line at Jolly Holliday.

Max Pass: We used Max Pass every day and loved it. I highly recommend it.

Fuel Rod: We purchased a fuel rod and found it very useful.

Soarin’: We expected to not like this as much as Soarin’ Over California but actually liked it very much. Disney did a good job on this.

Bathrooms: Disney needs help with their bathrooms. Water in the sinks comes out at a very low flow, which means it takes longer to wash one’s hands. Then the paper towels come out in 6-inch lengths. Who can dry his hands on 6 inches of paper? At least three sheets were required to dry one’s hands.
Some may think these things are silly to complain about but I found it annoying.

Now to Food: Mobile ordering was awesome. Hopefully Disney will add more and more sites to this service.

The good stuff:

Roasted chicken at French Market;

Breakfast at Flo’s;

Low and Slow Club at Flo’s;

Mickey waffles and sausage at Carnation Café;

Cheeseburger and pomme frites, cauliflower sandwich, and gray stuff at Red Rose;

Jungle Julep at Bengal Barbecue was very refreshing;

Spaghetti at Storyteller’s;

Breakfast croissant at Jolly Holliday was very buttery but yummy;

Earl of Sandwich

Corn dogs, of course

We found the coffee at Flo’s and Red Rose to be very good.

The not so good stuff: In the past we always enjoyed the food at Zocalo. This time we felt it had gone down in quality; the kid meals were inedible. The only good thing was the Cinnamon Crisps. We do come from southern Arizona, where our Mexican food is superb, so maybe we were overly critical.

We enjoyed the Dole Whips and beignets, but the lines were ridiculous.

We had one dinner at Brennan’s. Absolutely delicious. Highly recommend. Also ate at Blue Bayou; food was good but some portions were small. We had a reservation for 3:40 and were able to get a table by the water for our party of seven.

We found the average price of a meal to be between $20 and $30, except of course for Blue Bayou and Brennan’s.

Beignets were 6 for $7.99; sodas were $4.00; pickles were $3.99; churros were $4.75;

Rose gold ears were in almost every store. I bought a pair, just because.

The weather was quite nice; a bit warm in the afternoon but that was when we retreated to Clarabelle’s for ice cream and sat for a while. We had 5-day hoppers so were not in any hurry.
We’ve quit going to rancho Del zocalao as well.
Thanks for sharing your tr!

With 3 kids and my husband in a scooter, it was hard for us to get out early. We usually arrived at the security lines when the park was opening. I cannot imagine how early one would have to arrive in order to avoid long lines. But it wasn't only the length of the lines, but also the fact that some of the CMs took their bag checking job way too seriously. After the second day I bought a parasol because I could not endure standing in the sun in the line.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not waited more than 10 minutes in a security (*knocks on wood*)....Even on Saturday when I arrived at 5 pm, there was no wait..
I always go through Mickey and Friends

Which line did you go through?

Sounds like a great trip! I really like your food review...
I am planning on using the Disneyland express as well for my trip so I would be interested in some more info there how exactly it worked. Especially cause you stayed offside: how did your trip back worked out... ( that’s what I plan as well):flower3:

I bought our tickets for the Disneyland Express ahead of time. After we arrived at LAX, we went to the area outside where all the shuttles and buses arrive. The bus arrived on time and each trip took about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic. They stop at the three Disney hotels before going to the offsite properties. When leaving, be sure the bus says LAX on its front sign and ask to be sure it is the correct bus. Our bus from LAX said "Disneyland Express Resort" but the bus returning was a white bus that said "Coach USA."

I bought our tickets for the Disneyland Express ahead of time. After we arrived at LAX, we went to the area outside where all the shuttles and buses arrive. The bus arrived on time and each trip took about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic. They stop at the three Disney hotels before going to the offsite properties. When leaving, be sure the bus says LAX on its front sign and ask to be sure it is the correct bus. Our bus from LAX said "Disneyland Express Resort" but the bus returning was a white bus that said "Coach USA."

Thank you! This helps and sounds great... we are really looking forward to just sit in a bus and enjoy the ride instead of driving a rental to Disneyland after a long international flight... did you “reserve” your way back to the airport on your bus ride to the hotel?

perfect! Thank you very much for sharing your experience! (I am just a little nervous that they forget to pick us up for the way back to the airport...)
But I’ll probably buy the tickets at home like you did. Sounds like the easiest solution!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter