TRIP REPORT - The OtHeR SiDe of OrlanDo -lodging at WINDSOR HILLS

Thank you for doing this trip report and for showing us the *other* side :)
I am also looking into staying at Windsor Hills for our next Disney/Orlando vacation and going through either vacation central florida or magical vacation homes as they both seem to have really great rates. I think we may very well be done with staying at the Disney resorts as I can no longer justify the price for accommodations that our family of six can fit in and I don't want to feel dependant on discount promotions for us to be able to stay at a Disney resort without breaking the bank. We will definitely visit the Disney resorts for occasional character meals or other dining reservations; but I think staying in a condo with our own full kitchen, washer and dryer, and more space will fit our needs and vacationing style better anyway, especially for a week long trip. Thanks again for your report. I think staying offsite in a condo will give us more incentive to visit Gatorland. I've always heard great things about this park and based on your photos and report it seems like my kids would have more fun there than at Animal Kingdom :thumbsup2

Looks like fun. Science museums are great- kids don't even know they're learning. We've been to Boston MOS a few times. We had a family membership to our local zoo which participated in a similiar reciprocating membership w/ other zoos. It's nice to go somewhere different and not worry about the cost.:thumbsup2

We'll be in Disney in a little over a month now- time is flying by!!!:woohoo:

We are members with the ASTC

Love our ASTC membership! We use freebie museums for breaks on long car trips -- there's one in Cartersville, GA, right off of I-75 that has a great rock collection. :)

We used to vacillate between ASTC membership and ACM (Association of Children's Museums), since the older kids had seen so many Children's Museums they were not that excited about them any more (and because the kids that love Children's Museums would just as soon go to the one in Indy, which isn't a member anyhow); then we found a museum we hit every year anyhow that offers memberships in both. :cool1:

There's the same deal with a lot of local history museums (Time Travelers) as well as gardens and conservatories (American Horticultural Society), which we have off and on, although I admit we don't get as much use out of those as we do our ASTC. And the local zoo is reciprocal with the one near Orlando (Central Florida Zoo, I think?), so hubby ran youngest up there last time we were out (no one else was interested that day). I just wish I could find an organization like that for aquariums. ;)

I've really enjoyed reading your TR - we're staying at Windsor Hills next August, condo is all booked up! And we are now adding Gatorland to our itinerary too, I think we will all love it - although I reckon the swamp walk will be a killer in the August heat/humidity.

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you for doing this trip report and for showing us the *other* side :)
I am also looking into staying at Windsor Hills for our next Disney/Orlando vacation and going through either vacation central florida or magical vacation homes as they both seem to have really great rates. I think we may very well be done with staying at the Disney resorts as I can no longer justify the price for accommodations that our family of six can fit in and I don't want to feel dependant on discount promotions for us to be able to stay at a Disney resort without breaking the bank. We will definitely visit the Disney resorts for occasional character meals or other dining reservations; but I think staying in a condo with our own full kitchen, washer and dryer, and more space will fit our needs and vacationing style better anyway, especially for a week long trip. Thanks again for your report. I think staying offsite in a condo will give us more incentive to visit Gatorland. I've always heard great things about this park and based on your photos and report it seems like my kids would have more fun there than at Animal Kingdom :thumbsup2

sorry for my way overdue response on your note.
I Just wanted to comment that I totally agree with your sentiment....I fear we are spoiled at WH and I'm not sure we can justify going back to disney...if we go it will be for a brief few dates....we have booked AOA for two nights when we arrive for our upcoming December trip...long story...basically hubby cannot fly down with us, so we are using MAGICAL express so we can forgoe paying for a rental car for 2 nights...and I get to see AOA with the kids ....for two nights..but then we are off to WH for two weeks!! our new love :banana: Wait for the TRIP REPORT!:woohoo:

IMG_1352-1.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

CREAM of Mushroom soup
IMG_1356.jpg

Kids playing
IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

I've really enjoyed reading your TR - we're staying at Windsor Hills next August, condo is all booked up! And we are now adding Gatorland to our itinerary too, I think we will all love it - although I reckon the swamp walk will be a killer in the August heat/humidity.

Can't wait to read more!

HI! I was just re-reading my old TR and wanted to say we are going to be there in August too! :yay:
Guess I better get started on my NEXT trip REPORT! ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter