TRIP REPORT - The OtHeR SiDe of OrlanDo -lodging at WINDSOR HILLS

We always rent through National/Emerald Club, they make it so easy for you. Pick out any car, thats fun. I love to hear more about xmas dinner at the Peabody, menu, price and dress code.

Can't wait to hear about your experience at Kennedy Space Center! We are taking DS8 there on January 29, 2012. I read that while they are decommissioning the shuttles, visitors get a chance to see them. Have a great trip!

JUST got off the flight.

I have to report that the wireless was great at Windsor Hills. However, I found it really annoying to post trip updates with my Iphone...so decided to wait until I got back home, to do a proper report.

I have a huge trip report to detail...

We did 3 days at Universal but strangely those were not the favorites of the kiddos..

The grounds at Windsor Hills are astonishing. We loved the kids having their own room, the awesome pool & slide, the activities onsite, and the cool movie theatre. Actually we were so taken by the place, that we immediately booked a condo for spring break we liked it so much. AND a christmas 2012 ressie! I have tons of pics of the grounds here and various amenities. To come...

IN addition, the PEABODY Christmas brunch was AMAZING!
I'm serious when I say it was totally worth every penny we paid. The mimosas never stopped coming!
The detail to the food is just phenomenal. I also got many pics of the parading of the ducks. Actually my daughter got picked to be the Duck 'chauffer'..ie was given a duck cane to parade them down the red carpet.

We ALSO ended up going to Orlando Science center as well which was a huge hit with the kids. The kids actually asked to return there pretty much every day of our trip. Kennedy Space Center, Gatorland..huge hits!
Sadly we never made it to Blue Springs state park, but have on the agenda for a future trip.

I have tons to report so ...Stay tuned!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Glad to hear you arrived safely.
Where did you get a Christmas tree?? For your room
Can't wait to hear about Gatorland. My mom wants to take my boys there so badly. Maybe in April. We'll see. I just feel we won't have enough time, we'll only be there a week.

Deb :)

Condo owner provided the tree...it was a smallish one but plenty pretty.
We had never rented a condo before..but did a lot of research..
We ended up renting through vacationcentralflorida.com
I picked a 3bdrm...specifially Unit 304 Lee and Sue Ellen very nice people.
Actually when we arrived on Christmas Eve -they had Christmas music playing on the radio for us..and a nice welcome basket,and welcome letter.

We loved everything about this condo and will be returning again soon!:wizard:
We love love loved gatorland...actually it was my daughters absolute favorite destination of the trip. I have a great picture of her sitting on a gator that she is very proud of...again..I just got off theplane so as soon as I upload everything to photobucket tomorrow, Ill be able to talk about it in detail! :banana:

Can't wait to hear about your experience at Kennedy Space Center! We are taking DS8 there on January 29, 2012. I read that while they are decommissioning the shuttles, visitors get a chance to see them. Have a great trip!

Kennedy Space Center was a big hit with DS..He got picked as the 'star' of the Star Trek Experience show...we got a free photo. I took a video that I was laughing so hard about, I fear no one will be able to hear the audio. Ill upload tomorrow and we will see!;)

Sounds like you had a great trip. We are also looking to rent a condo or townhouse at Windsor Hills for our next trip through vacationcentralflorida.com. Windsor Hills seems like an incredible value for all you get and it's close proximity to the parks is a bonus. I've heard a lot of great things about Gatorland and the Orlando Science Center too. We'll definitely have to look into those places if we do a non-Disney vacation in Orlando. Thanks for the updates :thumbsup2

Sounds like you had a great trip. We are also looking to rent a condo or townhouse at Windsor Hills for our next trip through vacationcentralflorida.com. Windsor Hills seems like an incredible value for all you get and it's close proximity to the parks is a bonus. I've heard a lot of great things about Gatorland and the Orlando Science Center too. We'll definitely have to look into those places if we do a non-Disney vacation in Orlando. Thanks for the updates :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
I was really amazed while staying there..
I spoke with many guests while I was in the hottub talking about how they had been back to Windsor Hills 2, 3, 4, 5 times! as opposed to staying onsite at disney. Not kidding... I just went on and on with random families about how much more you get for your dollar at windor hills...but maybe I should shut up and not let the secret out SHHHHHH..:cutie:

Did I mention I already booked our spring break trip at windsor hills??

pics coming tomorrow..:surfweb:

:thumbsup2
I was really amazed while staying there..
I spoke with many guests while I was in the hottub talking about how they had been back to Windsor Hills 2, 3, 4, 5 times! as opposed to staying onsite at disney. Not kidding... I just went on and on with random families about how much more you get for your dollar at windor hills...but maybe I should shut up and not let the secret out SHHHHHH..:cutie:

Did I mention I already booked our spring break trip at windsor hills??

pics coming tomorrow..:surfweb:

So true!! you do get so much more staying off property.
I would take going to Disney more often or staying longer offsite than having a shorter vacation onsite any day!:thumbsup2
My parents have a timeshare at Orange lake resort and it is really nice. We're going with them this year, but instead of OL we're staying at the Sheraton Vistana. I'll take free anytime lol :banana:

Do you know how far WH is from Disney? Maybe I should check it out. I wonder if they are an RCI exchange.

Do you know how far WH is from Disney? Maybe I should check it out. I wonder if they are an RCI exchange.
It's only about 4 miles from Ak and a little further to the rest of the parks. We love WH and Indian Creek :goodvibes

OK a thousand apologies....got back to work and life took over.
I promise tons of pictures soon. :) I have NOT forgotten!

Its literally like 10 mins ...you past clubhouse on teascone drive , out gate, ake a left ..a right onto I-4 and disney exit 2 exits straight ahead!;)

Arrived Christmas EVE with Christmas Carols playing on the radio....:santa:

and this..(got so much more for our money than DISNEY!!) :goodvibes
We have next year already booked.;)

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

At the pool that evening..
IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

TR to come....stay tuned!

Sorry if I missed this, but can you post the link to the condo that you stayed in? Thanks!

Sure thing! We booked through Vacationcentralflorida.com
Click 304 on the left side of the menu.
It was a 3 bdrm..I have a pic of the MASTER bedroom somewhere...:)

Ive already booked two more trips through them

Actually my daughter got picked to be the Duck 'chauffer'..ie was given a duck cane to parade them down the red carpet.

Oh, my goodness! My duck-loving son would have gone NUTS if he'd gotten to do it at that age. To be honest, he'd be pretty excited about it now, and he's 15. :rotfl:

Actually when we arrived on Christmas Eve -they had Christmas music playing on the radio for us..and a nice welcome basket,and welcome letter.

Aw, that's sweet. :goodvibes All we ever got in the Tennessee condos my parents rented for us was notes to do the dishes and bedding before we go. :lmao:

Great idea doing a non-Disney trip report here. :) I have a couple of roughed out reports from trips where we barely hit Disney or didn't hit the parks; maybe I should put them here should I ever finish them. :scratchin I mostly do them for the kids. ;)

More pictures, please? :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter