TRIP REPORT -Rhapsody of the Seas -Tampa- January 14 2017!!

Day 2: Sea Day (January 15, 2017)

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8114.jpg

Windjammer Breakfast
IMG_8115.jpg

thought these were cool looking:
IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8117.jpg

more carpet!!!!
jan%2022%202017%20739.jpg

our home away from home - the Schooner Bar
IMG_8119.jpg

IMG_8120.jpg

So ship had some movement this morning. Not bad, never got sick or anything. Just could feel you were on the water. I was told the week before I sailed there was a lot of movement and they couldn't even dock at Costa Maya so we were lucky. I felt a little vibration in my decck two room but it wasn't bad- kinda soothing actually LOL

We went to Schooner Bar on Deck 6 for Sudoku Challenge at 9:30 am. There was a master that got it done in just a few minutes!! I finished it later in the day.

Then it was to poolside, deck 9, for Morning Stretch. It was a nice 15 minutes or so of stretches with the cruise director team member, Talita from Brazil. Afterwards, we relaxed outside with the sun shining and a wonderful breeze on our faces - Ah the cruise life!

Back to Schooner Bar for Morning Trivia-we paired up with two Green Bay Packer fans and we did ok, 9 out of 16 whereas the winners had 15 of 16!!

So we decided to try Edelweiss Dining Room for a sit down lunch. I had yummy chicken sliders, french fries, then banana cake with pecan ice cream.

here was my ketchup from server :)
IMG_8122.jpg

lunch
IMG_8123.jpg

just thought this was a nice elevator LOL
IMG_8124.jpg

Found a nice spot on Deck 5 to sit quietly and read and relax. I went to Art Auction at 1 pm in Shall We Dance Lounge bc they advertised free champagne but I think they were waiting until the bidding started or something bc there was no free champagne when I got there so I left and went back to Deck 5.

IMG_8126.jpg

nice and quiet
IMG_8127.jpg

Off to Cafe Lattitudes for free snack (the specialty coffee drinks had a cost but the snacks were free) - had a Cheesecake Lollipop which was just ok
IMG_8128.jpg

Up next was Closeup Disney Trivia - I should have kept the paper but I did not. They were closeups of parts of faces and outfits of Disney characters.There were 28 characters and we missed three - Zeus, Meeko, and Peter Pan. We had eight minutes to write answers down then we traded papers to grade.

Then I went poolside to do some line dances - Cupid Shuffle, Electric Slide etc. It was fun. There was a decent crowd of people doing them.

Time for a carpet pic!!

jan%2022%202017%20750.jpg

I was going to go to "Fun Dance Class" in Centrum on deck, but Max (cruise director member) had some technical difficulties so I left to go to Schooner Bar again for Trivia, Country Capitals. This was SO HARD!! List the capital AND currency of the countries. So we only got 8 of 34 LOL

Time for dinner-we had early dining at 5:30 on deck 4 of Edelweiss Dining Room. We missed the first night so this was our first time to meet our tablemates. We were seated at a table of 10 and there were 9 of us. Everyone was very friendly and it was nice to chitchat but it took close to two hours and the food was not that good for either of us so this was our only time there. We were going to go back but the Windjammer kept having such good food we ran out of time LOL

Cantaloupe and Honeydew Shavings appetizer
IMG_8130.jpg

I didn't see anything on adult menu I liked so I ordered kid's pizza and mac n cheese with fries. pizza was ok, but mac n cheese had no cheese flavor to it. I don't recall what my friend had but she wasn't a fan of it.

For dessert I had banana creme brulee and a bittersweet chocolate souffle. Souffle was not tasty so I didn't eat it. Ate top of creme brulee

souffle
IMG_8131.jpg

Went to room for some reason and I watched end of Dallas Green Bay game the we went to Windjammer for dessert LOL I tried black forest cake but wasn't my cup of tea and had strawberry cheesecake. no pics

As we were leaving I saw playoff NFL game on poolside TV screen so I sat out there and watched until halftime. Fun!

IMG_8133.jpg

Off to bed to get ready for Day 3... Roatan, Honduras!

Fun report, looks like a beautiful ship.
Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Fun report, looks like a beautiful ship.
Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

glad to have you along!

It is a very nice ship - doesn't look her age (although I didn't do a thorough inspection LOL), very clean, and a friendly staff.

Last edited:
Day 3: First stop is Roatan, Honduras

Woke up and had breakfast in Windjammer, no pic. Then went to Schooner Bar for Sudoku Challenge. I was close, 3rd place, much better than previous day.

Up on deck to see us approach Roatan
DSCF0005_1.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010_1.jpg

workers below working on getting the ship docked
DSCF0012.jpg

the view of the water as docking
DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019_1.jpg

Welcome to Roatan!!
DSCF0024.jpg

I got a Christmas ornament (I love having a tree with all the places I have traveled decorating it). Even though I had called my bank to let them know where I would be and even got email confirmation of travel plan my card wouldn't work so I had to pay cash

Then I got in line for my ship excursion "Maya Key Private Retreat". I LOVED it!!!!! We took a boat right from the dock about three minutes to the little island Maya Key. I rented snorkel gear (had to pay extra boooooo) but ended up having an awesome time. Walked out to the dock and a guide asked if I wanted him to go with me and I thought about it and said sure--best decision ever! He pointed out so much that I wouldn't have seen myself! Best use of tip ever!

here is the little boat to take us to Maya Key (in background)
DSCF0026.jpg

and there is Rhapsody

DSCF0030_1.jpg

so I had an underwater camera that actually took quite good pics except I am not that great a photographer and luckily the guide, Edwin, took it from me and took some awesome photos.

this is one of my pics LOL
DSCF0031_1.jpg

DSCF0033_1.jpg

DSCF0034_1.jpg

now these are Edwin's pics from here on out!

LOBSTER
DSCF0037_1.jpg

OCTOPUS
DSCF0039_1.jpg

DSCF0040_1.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

SEA CUCUMBER

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0047_1.jpg

DSCF0049_1.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

SQUID
DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

Oh and this was part of the second largest Barrier Reef (it extends by several countries-second to Great Barrier Reef in Australia)

now time to soak in the rays and relax in the water

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

was not crowded AT ALL

DSCF0100.jpg

this was the dock I walked onto and snorkeled right off of
DSCF0101.jpg

and the included Roatan lunch
DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

this is the life!
DSCF0107.jpg

Then I took a guided tour of a replica ruin and learned about mayan history and there was also an animal sanctuary on the island that helped to rescue and rehabilitate, if possible, animals.

DSCF0108.jpg

saw pink boa, jaguar, margay, ocelot, collared peccary, white faced capuchin, black howler monkey, spider monkey, cougar, and toucans. My pics were not very good so I will spare you.

Then it was animal encounter time.....
baby capuchin pen with a bowl of fruit.
DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

Then I relaxed a bit more and went to see Southern Sea Lion feeding at 3:30. It was only a few minutes long but everyone else on excursion had gone back to pier and I had made sure the last boat ride back to pier was 4 pm so I was the only one on the last trip back to Rhapsody LOL

hard to tell perspective but this is how close the island was to the ship
DSCF0211.jpg

Back on board it was back to Schooner Bar for Love Song Movie Trivia with Sylvia from Slovakia as cruise director team member leading it. My friend and I actually won!!!! We only got 8 of 15 but for the ones we didn't know we just kept putting Sleepless in Seattle and wouldn't you know it, one of them was correct and we won by one point!LOL Sometimes they gave out zipper pulls, tiny bags, key chains, we got Royal Caribbean yellow rubber bracelet things.

We went up to deck 10 and walked around a bit talking to some people we had met on ship and there was a guy from Costa Rica there--I have always wanted to go there and planned a trip one time that fellthrough - so I got recommendations from him and he even gave us his email address. People were so nice on board.

Time for Windjammer dinner - it was British theme night in there.

I tried pasta with alfredo sauce that had mushrooms and I tried to not pick the mushrooms but the flavor was there and I didn't like itso I had a hot dog and mac n cheese and cheese potato. Took cookies back to our room.
IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

Then it was time for Battle of the Sexes game in Centrum....this was Caio (a very hot Brazilian that made a pretty girl although the pic is bad) from cruise director's team
IMG_8140.jpg

last time I was in Roatan I spent close to ten grand on baubles. I think maybe heading over to see baby capuchins is cheaper.

Mr jvb has been there a few times, but mostly for work. look up Operation Continuing Promise some day. the Navy and a butt ton of civilian volunteers hit many of the islands in the Caribbean to offer humanitarian assistance. the Sea Bees tag along to build schools, chicken coops and playgrounds. this last time though, he zip lined from the building basically directly in front of the ship. think it was like $30 for two trips.

last time I was in Roatan I spent close to ten grand on baubles. I think maybe heading over to see baby capuchins is cheaper.

Mr jvb has been there a few times, but mostly for work. look up Operation Continuing Promise some day. the Navy and a butt ton of civilian volunteers hit many of the islands in the Caribbean to offer humanitarian assistance. the Sea Bees tag along to build schools, chicken coops and playgrounds. this last time though, he zip lined from the building basically directly in front of the ship. think it was like $30 for two trips.

wow! Yeah, the excursion was like $59 or something like that. Had great time. That is awesome about the humanitarian work, I'll have to look into that!

Now it was time for Battle of the Sexes in the Centrum. When I was on another ship (I think Celebrity??) it was like girls against guys with trivia - girls getting questions on mechanical stuff and sports and guys getting questions on makeup and stuff like that so I thought it would be the same. So I volunteered to be one of six girls......NOT the same game this time LOL

First game was having to sing three seconds of a song, and then he would pass mic to next person and couldn't repeat a song. Sounds super easy but it was so hard and so nervewracking--my knees were shaking. I tried Britney songs but then I drew a blank when it was down to me and the guy so I lost that point for the girls - so frustrating!!!!

Second game was passing an orange down row of the six volunteers under chin, almost won but we lost that one too.

Third game was popping balloon game. One person was the "popper person" and the other five had to pop the balloon in different positions against the popper person. I was the last one and the girls won!!!! woohoo

Fourth, was a conga line through the Centrum and the girls got more girls to join so the chicks won battle of the sexes!!

Now off to Broadway Melodies Theater for "Savannah Jack" show

IMG_8169.jpg

It was four guys, fiddle, guitar, drum, and singer; sang a hit song from each year from 1960-1978. I knew all of the 60s songs and few of the 70s

Day 3 (January 17, 2017) BELIZE

Got up at 6 am to get ready to tender into Belize City port. The tender ride was only about 10-15 minutes and we arrived at Belize City Pier.

Then we got on a bus for our Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing and Jungle Trek with Lunch ship excursion. It was a little over an hour bus ride but the guides kept us occupied by talking about Belize. Part of the movie "Mosquito Coast" with Harrison Ford (odd movie btw) was filmed there.

We got there, rented a locker for our stuff, got life vest and helmet with light on it and grabbed an inner tube. We walked through rainforest about 20-30 minutes. Very easy walk even with inner tube.

Rhapsody in the distance while on Tender
DSCF0218.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

we had to walk across water first to walk around to where we would enter in water to go through caves
DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

we were in groups of 8 and our tubes were tied together with a guide leading us
DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

crystals on wall
DSCF0274.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

DSCF0277.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

didn't see any bats
DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

DSCF0356.jpg

this was map we went through
DSCF0358.jpg

lunch was chicken (bamboo chicken = iguana but this was regular chicken LOL)
DSCF0359.jpg

then time for bus ride back and then walked around port to shop then tender back to ship

DSCF0361.jpg

saw a rainbow back at room
DSCF0366.jpg

yay! glad to have you along on the report! I just moved back to Tampa area so this is my first cruise out of Tampa :)

PS - I take A LOT of pics

Loving the pics keep them coming! I love how though Port of Tampa is smaller and can only have the smaller ships, they are all amazing and beautiful!

This itinerary is one I want to do in the future!

continuing day 4 (i said day 3 earlier oops). After finishing cave tubing and making it back to the ship, I went poolside for line dances with activities crew: electric slide, cupid shuffle, mississippi slide, Wobble.

Then at 4:45 was Sexiest Man Competition (sorry ladies, didn't take pics LOL).

Back inside to stop at Cafe Lattetudes for another cheesecake lollipop, it was still just ok but I had to try it a second time LOL

We got some cards from the book corner by cafe lattetudes and played some card games a bit then went to Windjammer for Italian theme dinner.

I had mini calzone, mac n cheese, chicken parmesan, then a made to order pepperoni pizza.
IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

Then we grabbed dessert and headed out to watch movie on pool TV
IMG_8172.jpg

Queen of Katwe movie- it was pretty good
IMG_8173.jpg

oh and I had asked what the strawberry-kiwi juice/water stuff was and I was told it was Nestle Vitality Sugar Free but I can't find it in stores.....

just did a search on amazon and found it there- it looks like it is a kind of restaurant thing. Hmmmm

https://www.amazon.com/Vitality-Str...r=8-1&keywords=nestle+vitality+enhanced+water

We returned our towels for the day - you do have to check them out with your SeaPass card and check them back in but it was no biggie. You could get at least two per person that I know of.

We had to change the clock forward one hour this night

PLEASE tell me the Park Cafe has Beef on Weck!!!!! I miss that on the last 3 cruises on larger ships

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter