Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40! Updated 8/31 - As If Goodbye Wasn't Enough! The End

:banana::banana::banana:29 days:banana::banana::banana:

Yay - finally in the twenties. But of course since I am such a planner, I'm not even that excited yet about this trip. For the reason that Brookelizabeth mentioned above. We still have nooooooooooo idea when we are leaving, how we are getting there, or how long we are staying! :headache:

I saw Red last week. Unfortunately it was to attend the wake and funeral of a dear friend of ours who had been battling Leukemia for about a year. We both decided this has been enough and we want the year over! But I think it's really put the trip into some perspective. It'll be a time to relax and have a great time with really close friends and celebrate what we have. That is, as long as my stupid plane makes it there! ;)

I did actually do one thing for the trip...ordered a MyPoints Landry's gift card to use at TRex cafe. Of course, it does say to could take up to six weeks to get...oopsie! And if DH doesn't go, I'll probably skip that or just be getting there that day.

I'm also starting the folder (binder has already changed sizes twice :rotfl:) to keep our tickets, TIW cards and any other gift card in. I also asked DH to look over the restaurants (again!) but he is too busy at the moment. I'm betting about September 1st he'll look at it and want to change everything :lmao:

My last thought is a prediction - Here's the date I think the trip will be set.... I'm going to pick September 7th cause that is the date we'd have to drop our puppy off at my sister's house if we are driving. I just have the feeling that I will be seeing the peeps at Southwest airlines soon :scared1:

Did you ever see the film French Kiss w/ Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline-? There are some funny scenes (even if you don't like flying-I promise...) where she does this program to get over her fear of flying-the program doesn't work-but she does get her her flying fear by the end-this being a romantic comedy...:goodvibes

I would imagine you would be more excited once you nail things down...
Just Do It (like Nike)...

You've had a heck of a year (I'm so sorry about your friend...:hug:) you really need some R & R...so nail down those plans girl! :upsidedow

(I started reading about those binders-I need to finish-but WOW-its time to give those binders a work out...:thumbsup2

Did you ever see the film French Kiss w/ Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline-? There are some funny scenes (even if you don't like flying-I promise...) where she does this program to get over her fear of flying-the program doesn't work-but she does get her her flying fear by the end-this being a romantic comedy...:goodvibes

I haven't seen that - but Disney does seem to make me get on a plane! Although...I did see the first season of Lost recently...I told DH those were the most realistic plane crash scenes I'd ever seen and that I was not flying anywhere anytime soon! :rotfl:

I would imagine you would be more excited once you nail things down...
Just Do It (like Nike)...

I absolutely agree...although I have to admit to being a tad worried that DH will feel sad a lot when we are there.

You've had a heck of a year (I'm so sorry about your friend...:hug:) you really need some R & R...so nail down those plans girl! :upsidedow

Thank you :flower3: That's what our SVP's assistant said when I emailed her for time off...that I really needed to take some where it wasn't for something sad. I told her I would in about a month! :banana:

(I started reading about those binders-I need to finish-but WOW-its time to give those binders a work out...:thumbsup2

DH was very proud about his pics and story about the binders. I keep informing him he needs to update with last year and this year, which are much more like the earlier ones. :laughing:

You have had quite the year...:hug: you deserve this trip of relaxation and enjoyment!

I ordered a Landry's giftcard from MyPoints as well-it came in less than 2 weeks, so you should be safe. :thumbsup2

You have had quite the year...:hug: you deserve this trip of relaxation and enjoyment!

Thanks Brook - I hope we can relax...DH will say he never gets to relax on our Disney vacations :lmao: but I actually have a few pool days built in just so I can say, do nothing today! :rotfl: I'm also hoping it's not to sad for him, although I expect it will be at times, possibly for both of us, knowing we'll never get to have another trip with both his parents.

I ordered a Landry's giftcard from MyPoints as well-it came in less than 2 weeks, so you should be safe. :thumbsup2

Good to know!

:dance3::dance3:16 DAYS!:dance3::dance3:

Yep -I missed the teen dance starting...seems to be a theme with this trip...hope I don't miss our check-in now! :scared1::laughing:

And yes - things are still up in the air as to how we are getting to Disney :sad2: Although for the past two days we have had our Freaky Friday moments as DH now keeps saying that he really wants to drive this trip :headache: I'm just not thrilled with the possibility that I would have to drive back all by myself.

We haven't even begun packing, although I have started a folder with gift cards and tickets that we'll need. I'm guessing over Labor Day weekend we'll start. DH will probably start the night before we leave...but since we don't yet know which day we are leaving, he may be start a day earlier than usual. :rotfl:

I did recieve the Mypoints.com gift card and even ordered a second one today...we'll see if that gets here. Now just waiting on a couple more things. I've also spoken with both Red and Evil Twin and they are super excited...hoping it's a great trip for all of us!!

Glad you got your giftcards in time!

Goodness, time is FLYING, isn't it?! Your trip is just around the corner now. Joe says the same thing about not being able to relax on vacation. But then yesterday when I proposed that if my foot was still all messed up, we'd just chill by the pool a lot and he looked at me like I had 2 heads and quickly said "We'll rent a scooter." I told him it was fine, we'll just do the pool a lot (thinking this is what HE likes), and he shakes his head. "No, we'll rent a scooter."

I think he just likes to confuse me! :lmao:

However, he is also a "night before" packer....

I hope the trip isn't too sad-but instead that kind of warm sad, knowing you in are a place you shared wonderful times with, and filled with fond memories. :hug:

16 days is so soon!! I can understand that you feel strange that things still are so undecided for your trip. But I am sure it everything will work out fine!! :goodvibes

Glad you got your giftcards in time!

Goodness, time is FLYING, isn't it?! Your trip is just around the corner now. Joe says the same thing about not being able to relax on vacation. But then yesterday when I proposed that if my foot was still all messed up, we'd just chill by the pool a lot and he looked at me like I had 2 heads and quickly said "We'll rent a scooter." I told him it was fine, we'll just do the pool a lot (thinking this is what HE likes), and he shakes his head. "No, we'll rent a scooter."

I think he just likes to confuse me! :lmao:

However, he is also a "night before" packer....

I think you DH and my DH are long lost relatives! :rotfl:

I hope the trip isn't too sad-but instead that kind of warm sad, knowing you in are a place you shared wonderful times with, and filled with fond memories. :hug:

Thank you...that's what I'm hoping too.:hug:

16 days is so soon!! I can understand that you feel strange that things still are so undecided for your trip. But I am sure it everything will work out fine!! :goodvibes

That's what I'm hoping as well!!

Now I need all my Dis buddies opinions....I just saw they extended the Wishes Dessert Party...YAY! :woohoo: BUT, the first night I wanted it when everyone arrived on the 12th I couldn't get it. I was able to get it for the 14th, BUT we will be at Park Faire before that and having birthday cake. I'm thinking it may all be too much. While it might be nice to have the "reserved" spot for Wishes and Spectro, I'm now double thinking my choice.

We are all adults and can stand, not like we need a curb seat. And I think we may be really full. Anyone have any thoughts.....

Ahh-the wealth of choices...(hmm btw-just how are the travel plans going...:rolleyes1)

I think the fact that you were able to get the Wishes Desert Party is awesome...

The thing is there is no bad choice in any of this-it's just about choosing what you are ultimately going to enjoy the most...

I agree that the Park Faire Dinner and cake and the desert party is probably going to be way more food than you'll be comfortable with...

so what's more important to you

-to have the cake at Park Faire (you can probably cancel it and have it another night if you really want)-although GF's bakery has the best in house bakery if you're ordering something specific...

or

-to have the reserved seating for Wishes and the Parade and the dessert party?

(Personally I can get wiggy in a Parade Crowd so the concept of having a reserved seat and coffee and sweets while watching is appealing but if you don't mind the curb seating than the cake at Park Faire might be more special to you...)

Darn I just realized I've probably confused things...You just have too much of a good thing to choose from...Just think about what's the most important to you...:confused3)

Ahh-the wealth of choices...(hmm btw-just how are the travel plans going...:rolleyes1)

They're going....just not sure how we are yet. :rotfl: And yes, for an obsessive planner who needs everything just so it is making me CRAZY! :scared1:

The thing is there is no bad choice in any of this-it's just about choosing what you are ultimately going to enjoy the most...

DH, who is a sweets person way more than me, just told me to cancel it...but I'm not doing that yet!

I agree that the Park Faire Dinner and cake and the desert party is probably going to be way more food than you'll be comfortable with...

so what's more important to you

-to have the cake at Park Faire (you can probably cancel it and have it another night if you really want)-although GF's bakery has the best in house bakery if you're ordering something specific...

or

-to have the reserved seating for Wishes and the Parade and the dessert party?

(Personally I can get wiggy in a Parade Crowd so the concept of having a reserved seat and coffee and sweets while watching is appealing but if you don't mind the curb seating than the cake at Park Faire might be more special to you...)

Darn I just realized I've probably confused things...You just have too much of a good thing to choose from...Just think about what's the most important to you...:confused3)

:lmao::lmao::lmao: That last bit made me laugh. The problem is that's the only night to do Park Faire with the whole group as Red leaves the next day. And I'm really hoping this cake will be fantastic. Which means I'll probably end up canceling like DH said too as we'll all be way to full. I just thought it would be nice to actually not have to fight for a spot.

I would cancel the desert party. But that's just my personal opinion. I am not so much of a sweets person anyway. And I am not a Spectro person either. So I would see Wishes on a non-Spectro night. And I think there is only one spot to see Wishes from: on the bridge to the hub right at the end of Main Street (preferrably at the Main Street end of that bridge, otherwise you are too close to the castle). On a non-Spectro night, you should have ´no trouble finding a spot for an adult group there. There are a number of Photopass photographers and they tend to pack in as soon as Wishes starts so you can spread out more...

I can see the appeal of the party for others but I know that it isn't for me! :goodvibes

Then just a few weeks ago, I received a pin code…worked well and saved of $$$ off the Contemporary. We then decided since the rate was so good for AKL as well, we would save some points for our next trip with my parents next year and drop the DVC 1 bedroom. So we now have a Savannah view room booked…we’ve never stayed Savannah, so it will be something new. Oh – and the pin code I had received, had my information from over ten years ago when I lived in a different state. Thankfully, DH remembered the address and I was able to use it.
Too funny. I got a code like that (free dining etc) and it came in my Maiden name to a home my mom just bought in my state (her health is declining so she moved near to us).

I have been married for about 10 years and have not lived at her previous address since the mid 80s. Even though the card was addressed to my maiden self and my mom's current address - their computer had the address from my HS days. I felt almost criminal when I said... what about this address (mom's current one), what about this address (my current one) then what about this address (mom's previous one). But the 3rd time was the charm and I got the code.

We are headed to WDW in Oct.

I would cancel the desert party. But that's just my personal opinion. I am not so much of a sweets person anyway. And I am not a Spectro person either. So I would see Wishes on a non-Spectro night. And I think there is only one spot to see Wishes from: on the bridge to the hub right at the end of Main Street (preferrably at the Main Street end of that bridge, otherwise you are too close to the castle). On a non-Spectro night, you should have ´no trouble finding a spot for an adult group there. There are a number of Photopass photographers and they tend to pack in as soon as Wishes starts so you can spread out more...

I can see the appeal of the party for others but I know that it isn't for me! :goodvibes

The problem is that's the only night with the whole group to see Wishes and Spectro, and my BFF's really want to see both. I'm thinking we shouldn't have a problem squeezing in somewhere and we can stand behind sitting people during the parade. If we weren't probably going to be stuffed, I think my friends would all enjoy it as well. Oh well, maybe we'll do it in ten years for my 50th :eek: :lmao:

Too funny. I got a code like that (free dining etc) and it came in my Maiden name to a home my mom just bought in my state (her health is declining so she moved near to us).

I have been married for about 10 years and have not lived at her previous address since the mid 80s. Even though the card was addressed to my maiden self and my mom's current address - their computer had the address from my HS days. I felt almost criminal when I said... what about this address (mom's current one), what about this address (my current one) then what about this address (mom's previous one). But the 3rd time was the charm and I got the code.

We are headed to WDW in Oct.

First off, :welcome:

I always tease my DH about his amazing memory of things past (for some reason it doesn't seem to work for things present that I tell him to do. :rotfl:) But boy did it come in handy as I could not remember our address from ten years ago and he was able to just rattle it off. I think the CM got a good laugh as I tried four or five others first. Then she gave me the NY area code and I knew it was our place there. Wonder how many mailed codes have landed there over ten years! :lmao:

I love Disney in October...normally when we go, but ended up a few weeks earlier than usual. Have a fantastic time!

OH MY!!

I have tags!!!

I noticed it a minute ago on the AKL III thread. Although our complaining about being naked without the Jambo tags did not seem to work. :rotfl2: But - I've now moved our campaign over to that thread! ;)

Thank you tag fairy!:flower3:

Hey Tracy,

No more hiding out on page 4-we want to how the planning is coming-you're getting CLOSER AND CLOSER...:rolleyes1

A couple of things to get out of the way....

:dance3:I get to go to Disney this month :dance3:
:banana::banana::banana: SINGLE DIGITS :banana::banana::banana:

Starting to get excited and have one small update:

I ended up moving the dessert party to Saturday, arrival day for my friends. But after thinking about the rushing we'd have to do since Evil Twin doesn't land until 5:30 I was having second thoughts. I finally called Evil Twin and asked if she wanted to hit the ground running or not that night. Since her flight leaves early from California, then has a layover in Dallas, then finally gets to Orlando, she said she would like to take it easy, have dinner and be ready to go the next day. Great - finally something has been decided! So I called to cancel and the CM was SHOCKED :scared1: Not a big deal for me as I have a chocolate allergy and am not a big sweets person. Plus now I can use the money elsewhere.

Now you probably were all thinking that I would know how we were getting there.HA! Not yet, we are still up in the air. We have to know in six days as that is when we would pick up the rental car if we are driving.

I'm also still waiting on a Mypoints gas card...oh well, if it doesn't get here in time, it's not like it will go to waste! :rotfl2:

BUT, I did get my t-shirts that I ordered for everyone, and I was really worried as I waited until pretty late to order. Here's what they'll all be wearing:
Dragshirt.jpg

And here's what I'll be wearing :)
Dragged.jpg

I'm truly hoping tomorrow I'll know more and we can get this trip set!!!

And eventually we'll start packing :rolleyes1:rotfl:

I love the shirts...so cute...especially since they have Donald on them...I love Mickey but Donald is my boy...:goodvibes

Does Evil Twin know her Disname is Evil Twin...:lmao:I have to keep reminding myself that she's your BFF...:rotfl2:

so we have progress...progress is good...waiting to see what you decide in terms of transportation...:rolleyes1

I love the shirts...so cute...especially since they have Donald on them...I love Mickey but Donald is my boy...:goodvibes

Thank you...Donald is DH's favorite. We went round and round as he did not want to wear princesses or even evil queens :laughing:

Does Evil Twin know her Disname is Evil Twin...:lmao:I have to keep reminding myself that she's your BFF...:rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Yes she knows she is referred to as Evil Twin. :goodvibes I suppose the proper term would be Evil Twins as one of our friends started calling us that in grad school. We would still like to start a production company and we would call it Evil Twin productions. She actually explained out "evilness" in an email about a year ago when we were trying to convince another friend to join us and to bring his wife. He jokingly said the Evil Twins would cause him to much trouble. Her response was:

"The evil twins are really not that bad…we’re like funny, impish evil, as opposed to grotesque, diabolical evil…the diet cokes of evil, if you will."
A classic for all time!:lmao:

I also tried to shorten her name, and when I explained the acronyms to her, her responses were:
DET - I don't want to be named after a pesticide :eek:
ET - I don't want to be named after an alien. :headache:

So now I'm forced to spell it out for the rest of the report!

so we have progress...progress is good...waiting to see what you decide in terms of transportation...:rolleyes1

You and me both! :lmao: Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter