Trip Insurance

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
We don't typically purchase for a WDW trip but with all the flight cancellations and delays I am considering it. Flying non-stop Southwest Thanksgiving week. Thoughts? I just am confused with all the options and what (if anything) makes the most sense. I am most concerned about having to pay for extra expenses such as hotel, new flights etc or also if we don't make it to our WDW hotel due to a cancelled flight. any personal recent experiences?

I would make sure to read all of the fine print with any trip insurance you plan to buy to see what exactly it covers. Flight delays are more of a nuisance, can happen for any number of reasons beyond your control and the airline will typically offer you a seat on the next available flight. Have never purchased trip insurance and don't see the need for most types of domestic travel.

The one time in the past we had to cancel a trip when our home had some storm damage, the airline (don't recall which one) was very agreeable in modifying our travel plans even though they weren't required to do that. Although they don't typically broadcast their policies, I think many airlines will permit changes to travel plans for unforeseen circumstances when it is something beyond you just changed your mind and decided not to travel.

Trip insurance will rarely pay for replacement flights. SW will either book you on a later flight or offer a refund. Neither option would generally be an insured event

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter