Trip Insurance

southernbelle20

Mouseketeer
For those of you who purchase a package from Disney, do you get the insurance? Is it worth it? Opinions please!!!

We always buy it. The thing about insurance is; when you don't need it, it is never worth it. BUT, when you don't get it and need it, THEN it would have been soooo worth it! :thumbsup2

The one time I didn't get it was the one time I needed it, so far. Since then, I get it just for peace of mind.

With H1N1 going around and us driving down from the mid-west in the middle of the winter....I figured it was best to get it. $100 is nothing when you are spending at least $1500 or more on a trip...you just never know.

As the others have said, we used to say we didn't need it. But a few years ago when I booked our trip through AAA I told her to add the insurance and am so glad we did since there was a family emergency close to our departure date and we weren't sure if we would be able to go or not. Having the peace of mind to know we would be covered if we couldn't go was great. We actually were able to go but since then we never travel without it. You just never know what can come up.

If you cancel a Disney package the most you can lose is $200. The insurance is $66.95 per adult.

So if you have two adults traveling you are paying $133 to cover $200

I'm willing to risk $67 bucks and NOT get insurance.

If you cancel a Disney package the most you can lose is $200. The insurance is $66.95 per adult.

That's if you cancel before you go. What if someone is injured or sick while you are there? You lose more.

This was my thought also. Since we are not flying, it's the only thing I could think of that would be a help on. If something bad enough has happened to keep us from getting there, $200 is the least of my concern.

Thanks everyone for you imput!

always get it i used mine last year we were in epcot in october and i got a call from my mom that my cousin just died from a brain anerisem....and there was no way i was going to miss his fureral..so i had to leave early and missed 2 days...the insurence payed me for everything..they paid because i had to change my plane tickets the paid the 2 days resort and park passes and my cab ride home total was about $800.......just get recipts for everything if you ever have to use it...:littleangel:

That's if you cancel before you go. What if someone is injured or sick while you are there? You lose more.

I have health insurance.

I have heard many people say that they had an emergency and explained to the hotel they had to leave early and Disney reimbursed them for the unused hotel nights. I know it's not guaranteed but I've never heard of someone having to leave suddenly and Disney saying "oh well guess you are paying for nights you aren't here".

I have health insurance.

I have heard many people say that they had an emergency and explained to the hotel they had to leave early and Disney reimbursed them for the unused hotel nights. I know it's not guaranteed but I've never heard of someone having to leave suddenly and Disney saying "oh well guess you are paying for nights you aren't here".

even if you have good insurance.. the trip insurance will cover whatever is not covered

Our trip insurance also covers the cost of airfare for those who are flying, plus the cost of replacing lost baggage and some other benefits.

Also, for the person who mentioned they have health insurance, I think most plans either cover only expenses within the plan area or outside in case of life or death emergency, OR you have to pay much higher out of pocket co-pays to see a doc outside your coverage area. The travel insurance may help cover those incremental medical expenses.

I just learned on here too - that if you break your camera or loose it, it will pay for it as well. Wish I would have known that. My daughter broke my camera the first day we were at Disney once. total bummer!

We always purchase trip insurance. We have family members that have really bad heart disease (1 is waiting to get on heart transplant list):sad1: so getting the insurance is our peace of mind.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter