Trip Insurance

TBGOES2DISNEY

DIS Veteran
Has anyone bought trip insurance from Disney? Is it worth it? Is it not? We're going in beg. of September if that makes any difference. TIA!

We bought the insurance through Disney. It was $119.90 for my DH and me and our DD4 was included for free. For us we thought it was worth the money since I have a chronic illness and can't really predict how I'll feel at the time and also being hurricane season, I didn't want to take a chance.

We bought insurance for our trip in August, through Travel Guard, which is the company that Disney uses, but we did not go through Disney. It was $70 for 2 adults and covers us in case our trip is cancelled or delayed by a hurricane. I did it for peace of mind.

We bought the one from Disney. I think it was around $120 and covered all four family members.

I am filling out our claim forms today! We all got a terrible stomach virus and couldn't leave our room. We were so sick that we had to have a Doctor come to us. The charge was $220 plus medicine (I think around $30), and it is supposed to be covered. We are also requesting a partial refund for trip interruption. I'm not sure how much they will cover, but the doctor fee alone is more than we paid for the insurance.

Try www.insuremytrip.com. We also used Travel Guard and it was significantly cheaper than Disney, and covers more, even terrorism. With it being hurricane season, I feel better knowing I have it at that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!