Trip in November would like to visit Kennedy Space Center

Zakery

Mouseketeer
We are starting to plan a trip for November and I'm curious if anyone has gone to the Kennedy Space Center and how you got there. We will be without a car and trying to decide if we should rent a car or if there is a good tour from Orlando.

Thank you for any help.

We went in December 2016 in our own vehicle. Paid about $4 in tolls each way at a couple of different stations. It's a simple drive. We had a great time there on a weekday with some school field trips going on. I dropped a lot of cash at the gift shop. Clothes, mission patches, astronaut teddies for the littles, calendar, etc.

To our science family is was a very worthwhile day. Make sure to do the tours to the pads….great sit down and AC adventure. But get in as early to the tour as possible. It is a long wait if you do not. Plus mist people do the later tour and it makes the area less crowded later.

We went a few years ago. We didn’t have a car either so I booked a tour that included transportation from Orlando and admission. It worked really well.

I’ve been there twice in the last few years. Im not a space nerd but I do remember staying up late to watch Neil Armstrong step onto the moon. 😏

We always had our own car, it was an easy drive, and we shut down the place. It’s fascinating and there are many different exhibits to explore. The next generation (DIL and DD) found it just as interesting. Go! You won’t regret it.

BTW, on our last trip to WDW we were able to watch a SpaceX launch from Epcot. Nice bonus.

Thanks for all the replies. My wife is looking forward to this part of the trip more than Disney actually so I want to make sure we get there early enough and get through as much as possible.

So it sounds like it is an easy drive and also that the bus tour works well. I was worried about the toll roads and getting on one by accident or something and ending up with a ticket but doesn’t sound like that would be an issue.

I’ll do some price comparison between rental and bus then. Thanks everyone.

We ( DH and I ) went in February when we were in Florida. We LOVED it. For us, it was totally worth it.

We had a car rental for the week, but that was because we wanted to tour around and only had 3 park days booked for our whole 10 days there.

We were up early and spent the whole day there, and still didn't get to see everything. There is sooooooo much to see and do there.

We also diverted on our way back to Orlando and hit Cape Canaveral and Coco Beach! We had supper on the Pier in Coco beach, which was awesome. It is something that our boys want to do when we do a repeat trip late fall this year as we had so much fun on our trip!

Last edited:

Nice pictures. My wife is a Star Trek and Sci-Fi/space fan. She is definitely going to enjoy this part of the trip.

Check out online there’s lots of transportation options from Disney World to the space centre if you have CAA you can also buy discount tickets from AAA which we did for our most recent trip but we had a car

I’d try for a car rental. If you’re a Costco member they have good discounts. Also check frequently as prices go up and down. I see so many book and think that’s the price. But the prices do fluctuate.

So glad I found this thread as I'm planning a trip to the World and am looking for something to do with the family that's outside the Disney bubble. I know the drive is easy, I've Google mapped it, so not worried there, but was wondering about how much time to spend there. It looks like, from what I've read, that you can spend all day there. Well, gotta run to a school concert, my DW's directing and the DD is performing. I just wanted to post something so I could find it again.

TTFN

My husband took and Uber to and from Disney for the Astronaut experience. It was $$$, and although he tried to arrive early, the gates don't open until the actual opening time so his poor Uber driver was stuck waiting with him for an extra 15 minutes. He couldn't wait at the gate because it was sort of on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and the gate to the entrance was quite far.

We loved it there! The kids especially loved this play area. We were there from open until about 3pm, then stopped at cocoa beach for a quick dip. Worth the trip for sure.

Another car rental here! We set out in the VERY early hours of the morning as we were lucky enough to get a good view of a launch. I'm not from a country where you drive on the right side of the road, coupled with the huge highways and multiple tolls, it was kinda harrowing but doable!

I wasn't excited about going at all, but we ended up staying from open to close. I absolutely loved it, some of the experiences even made me cry.

Funnily enough I'm sitting here seven years later typing this and wearing the NASA sweatshirt I bought that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter