Trip Countdown

Malin

Mouseketeer
I posted this thread so we have somewhere to count down and discuss upcoming Trips to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Please help make this an active community by adding your own...

Currently I have about 104 days until my next trip. I will be visiting the Kansai region of Japan for 10 nights. I will be visiting destinations like Kyoto, Nara and Osaka. The plan is to also purchase a Rail Pass before leaving and take a shinkansen down to Tokyo to visit the Disney parks at some point during the trip.

We're expecting our first child, so we're not positive when we'll be able to get back to TDR, but right now we're aiming for 2020. That sounds so far away! UGH! We're saving money and we expect to have two kids...so that'll give some time for them to get older and be able to ride all the rides!

So, 3,753 days to go...if we go in April 2020...give or take a few days! Heh! Unless we end up going in October 2020 to see the Halloween decor...then it's more like 3,940 days or so.

Of course we may go back sooner, but hard to know for sure right now...I will live vicariously through everyone else who's going...and look back at our trip pictures, video and souvenirs..

Seems like there are several people taking trips within the next month or two. Those of us who can't make it there this year expect pictures and trip reports! We need to live vicariously through you...

Hey only 5 more sleeps until I'm on the way to Japan. I have one night in Tokyo planned for the Sheraton located in Tokyo Bay, and the rest of the trip will be spent in the Kansai region including my first visit to Universal Studios Japan.

I will report everything back to you guys when I return, by the way any photo request?

Have a great trip Malin. My brother stayed at that Sheraton recently, he recommended it.

Have our hotel booked for end of June, getting to stay at Mira Costa. Already planning my PS bookings. None of that 6 months in advance nonsense like at WDW! One month out. Have done it before, was super easy. The CM was very helpful, and her English was way better than my Japanese (and English for that matter)

I was so not prepared the first time I went to TDR. Seriously the World Bazaar completely threw me, and the Castle "courtyard" is immense! Again I was stood in TokyoSea with my mouth wide open for a good few minutes as piles of Japanese teenagers sprinted past me.

Character greetings are a bit of a free for all, my DS wasn't happy about the lack of queuing culture!! We got the hang of that fairly quickly and were able to mug all seven dwarfs for individual photos. That was an achievement, particularly as Bashful kept hiding from us. He was a little too into his character!!

Top ride was Journey To The Center of the Earth. Bummed it's under rehab when I go next.

It's getting closer! Cosnidering it was a over 1,000 days to go when we started planning (and saving!) for this trip, now to count and find out that we've only got 37 days until we arrive in Japan (and 44 days until TDL), it's quite a shock to the system!

4 months 2 weeks for us, which means around 134 days?

I'm visiting friends in Japan in June. Going to be staying there for a month. Going to definitely check out TDL. Not entirely sure on the exact date. But when I find it out I will post it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter