Trip Calendar for the Kids

Higginsgirls

Earning My Ears
I've been looking at the trip planning stuff and setting up our calendar for the Aug week we'll be at WDW. I realized that what I was making is more for me and my sister than for the children. I don't know about your children, but mine will be asking me - where are we going today? where are we going tomorrow? when are we going to AK?

So, I designed a simple easy to use trip calendar to hang in the room that works for both DD4 and DD12!!

I used a stiff red felt sheet (11x16) and divided it into 7 columns, one for each day. Then labeled the top of each day - Sunday, Monday etc - all in black sharpie.

Next I took colored squares of felt and cut out a symbol (about 2" diameter) for each park/event:
grey castle outline - MK
white circle - Epcot
green tree - AK
blue sorcerers hat -MGM
pink crown - char breakfast with princesses
gold campfire - FW campfire w/ chip & dale
gold stars - early or late hours
pink shopping bag - DTD

I made several of each sign and then got some removable sticky squares for hanging it.

The felt just sticks on the felt, the images will work for the 4 yo who doesn't read yet (but knows the word Disney!) and it can be changed as we make changes along the way!

That is a really cool idea! Are you a teacher? It sounds like something one of us would do! LOL My kids are 21, 18 & 16, but I still think I'll make one. What symbol would you use for a water park?

Let's see... for Typhoon Lagoon I'd probably use either a boat or an inner tube. I'd probably use a snow flake for Blizzard beach.

No, not a teacher. Some times I do presentations and trainings for work, but otherwise I license foster homes. I just like to do crafty things and have been really getting into the prep for this trip... making the "magic" last as long as I can.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter