Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

Told you I'd make it over! ;)

First off, I went back and finished the LL updates. That area with all the cities is just amazing!! I loved the NY streets and the Capitol building was just unreal. Very cool!

Also the area with the gardens was right up my alley. I love pretty places like that. I would've really enoyed going there. That huge tree was unbelievable!! :eek: Looks similar to the ones I've seen in the Great Smokey Mountains where you look like an ant standing beside them. Very pretty waterfront area too... minus the threat of gators! :eek:

Celebration was just as pretty as I imagined it to be. I love the style of the homes. Very southern. I could definitely see myself living there. My wallet can't envision it, but I can! :laughing:

Love the picture of you and your boys in front of that fountain. Very nice! The setting there is gorgeous with the spanish moss and the pretty background.

Sorry you guys missed out on eating dinner there, but I know how that heat and humidity can wipe you out. And I hate feeling gross too. It's hard to settle in for dinner when you are sweaty and feel nasty. :scared:

Glad you are all caught up and enjoyed the LL and Cypress Gardens posts!! :cool1:

Yes I can envision living in Celebration too, but my wallet can't either. :scared1: :faint:

Yeah, we were just wiped from the extreme heat. Too bad, I was really looking forward to eating there.

Celebration is beautiful! It is definitely on my list of off-site places to visit!:thumbsup2

Our last day of school is tomorrow...finally! My older girls who ar:rolleyes:e in college have been out for a while, but DD10 is pretty much counting down the hours until school is out!:laughing:

You should take a drive over there sometime. It's very easy to get to! :goodvibes

YAY for finally being out of school!! :cool1:Will your DD10 be in 5th grade next year? I'm so sad my baby is going to 5th grade. :sad: Just doesn't seem possible!

I'm so sorry you were feeling so blah and didn't eat dinner in Celebration. I know how much you were looking forward to it. But, like you said, it just means you'll have to look forward to it on another trip.

Lovely Pictures of Celebration!

Very good friends of ours from the UK lived there between 2001-2011, so we got to spend a lot of time there. It's a shame but at least we get to visit them in Austria now :)

I'm sure you guys will eat at the Tavern one day soon, but dinner at Beaches & Cream sounds good to me too!

Those fountains are very popular with young boys!

Celebration.jpg

I'm so sorry you were feeling so blah and didn't eat dinner in Celebration. I know how much you were looking forward to it. But, like you said, it just means you'll have to look forward to it on another trip.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to dinner there. Maybe another time! :goodvibes

What a pretty town!

It is a pretty place! :)

Lovely Pictures of Celebration!

Very good friends of ours from the UK lived there between 2001-2011, so we got to spend a lot of time there. It's a shame but at least we get to visit them in Austria now :)

I'm sure you guys will eat at the Tavern one day soon, but dinner at Beaches & Cream sounds good to me too!

Those fountains are very popular with young boys!

Celebration.jpg

Thank you! :goodvibes You were lucky to have friends who lived there, I bet you really enjoyed your time there.

What is it about water and boys??? They always have to go through it and not around it. :rotfl: Cute pic! :)

We did get to Celebration too but we made the same mistake and went after already doing a full day of stuff. DH didn't have his camera that day so we didn't get any photos. We didn't even get out of the car bc as soon as DH saw how nice the place was he said we'd definitely have to come back with the camera and to spend some time walking around.
Unfortunately it never happened :( So I'm glad to hear you did make the effort to stop and get some pictures, even if you weren't up for dinner. I wish we had gotten some pics but at least we got to see how beautiful it is there :)
Thanks for educating me on the place in your pretrip report :)

You should take a drive over there sometime. It's very easy to get to! :goodvibes

YAY for finally being out of school!! :cool1:Will your DD10 be in 5th grade next year? I'm so sad my baby is going to 5th grade. :sad: Just doesn't seem possible!

My DD10 is going to be in sixth grade next year! She turns 11 in August and is one of the youngest in her grade. I cannot believe she is going to be going into middle school in a year from now!:sad2: Time flies!

Great pics of Celebration ! That's on my "to do" list as well. :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

We did get to Celebration too but we made the same mistake and went after already doing a full day of stuff. DH didn't have his camera that day so we didn't get any photos. We didn't even get out of the car bc as soon as DH saw how nice the place was he said we'd definitely have to come back with the camera and to spend some time walking around.
Unfortunately it never happened :( So I'm glad to hear you did make the effort to stop and get some pictures, even if you weren't up for dinner. I wish we had gotten some pics but at least we got to see how beautiful it is there :)
Thanks for educating me on the place in your pretrip report :)

I'm sorry you didn't get any pictures when you were there. Hopefully you'll get to go back someday. If we ever go again we will go straight there from WDW and not after a day in the parks when we are wiped. :faint:

My DD10 is going to be in sixth grade next year! She turns 11 in August and is one of the youngest in her grade. I cannot believe she is going to be going into middle school in a year from now!:sad2: Time flies!

Oh wow!! I can't even think about my baby going to middle school. :scared1: He will be 11 at the beginning of October, so he is one of the oldest in his grade. So luckily we have another year of elementary school!

I've just read my way through your CBR/Poly TR and PTR for your May trip and can't wait to read more here! You for sure spend a lot of time writing/sharing which is appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! You have a beautiful family!
It seems like you like trying different resorts like we do~ while we love so many other resorts, the Polynesian is "home" to us. I can't say it has our favorite ammenities anymore, but it is our overall favorite.

I loved reading about your experience with Legoland, so glad you went! We've only done the one in Ca. and it was wonderful. My kids are a little older, so we are pretty much done with LL, but I loved, loved seeing your photos of the Cypruss Gardens area since it brings back childhood memories for me! Not many people post photos of it so thank you, thank you!:flower3:

I also loved your photos of Celebration, you don't see too many of them posted either. It's such a cool town to visit. We have family that lives in Florida and have eaten dinner there several times. They have some wonderful little restaurants! My DH has a cousin that recently moved there. :cloud9: I told him I think it was time for them to reconnect, lol! :goodvibes

Looking forward to the rest of your TR and can't wait to read in the future about your December trip!

Thanks for the pics and education on Celibration. It's been on my to-do list for a hole now, we just never seem to have the time to fit it in!

Thanks for the post office picture and shout out! I'm sure Dave would not mind working there!! He could walk to work from one of those gorgeous houses!! Such a pretty town!

I'm glad you made it to see Celebration - but sad you didn't get to enjoy the Town Tavern. I've heard such good things about it. I was looking so forward to your review! We are planning to go there for lunch on one of our non park days (our MNSSHP day). So we shouldn't be too tired or worn out. Although I think we're having breakfast at Kona - so maybe we'll still be full from breakfast!

I've just read my way through your CBR/Poly TR and PTR for your May trip and can't wait to read more here! You for sure spend a lot of time writing/sharing which is appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! You have a beautiful family!
It seems like you like trying different resorts like we do~ while we love so many other resorts, the Polynesian is "home" to us. I can't say it has our favorite ammenities anymore, but it is our overall favorite.

I loved reading about your experience with Legoland, so glad you went! We've only done the one in Ca. and it was wonderful. My kids are a little older, so we are pretty much done with LL, but I loved, loved seeing your photos of the Cypruss Gardens area since it brings back childhood memories for me! Not many people post photos of it so thank you, thank you!:flower3:

I also loved your photos of Celebration, you don't see too many of them posted either. It's such a cool town to visit. We have family that lives in Florida and have eaten dinner there several times. They have some wonderful little restaurants! My DH has a cousin that recently moved there. :cloud9: I told him I think it was time for them to reconnect, lol! :goodvibes

Looking forward to the rest of your TR and can't wait to read in the future about your December trip!

Welcome! So glad you enjoyed the previous TR and PTR. Thank you for all of your kind words. :goodvibes The August 2011 CBR/Poly TR was my favorite one to write! :thumbsup2

Glad you liked the LL, CG, and Celebration pics and report as well. :goodvibes I think it is definitely time for your DH to reconnect with his cousin!! ::yes:: :rotfl:

Hope you enjoy the rest of the TR (lots more WDW to come!). And I'm sure as we get closer more December plans will be talked about!! :cool1:

Thanks for the pics and education on Celibration. It's been on my to-do list for a hole now, we just never seem to have the time to fit it in!

You're welcome! :) Hope you make it to Celebration soon. :wizard:

Thanks for the post office picture and shout out! I'm sure Dave would not mind working there!! He could walk to work from one of those gorgeous houses!! Such a pretty town!

I'm glad you made it to see Celebration - but sad you didn't get to enjoy the Town Tavern. I've heard such good things about it. I was looking so forward to your review! We are planning to go there for lunch on one of our non park days (our MNSSHP day). So we shouldn't be too tired or worn out. Although I think we're having breakfast at Kona - so maybe we'll still be full from breakfast!

Make sure to take Dave by the post office when you are there, maybe he will want to transfer there right away!!! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

I'm sad we didn't get to try Celebration Town Tavern too. I guess I'll have to look forward to your review now. Although, IDK how you will eat lunch there after a Kona breakfast!! We usually don't eat again until dinner after a Kona breakfast. :faint: Of course we tend to order a lot of food at Kona. :rolleyes1:laughing:

Nice report on Celebration, Shelly!

Definitely going to have to check out that place next time we are there. Looks really nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sea :cool1:

Thanks for the tour of Celebration! It looks beautiful and not what I expected for some reason I thought it was like a cookie cutter community- houses looking the same. The houses were beautiful!! I wouldn't mind living there.

To bad you didn't get to the Tavern I heard it's delish!
Maybe you could try it another time.
Wow it was really HOT!

Nice report on Celebration, Shelly!

Definitely going to have to check out that place next time we are there. Looks really nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sea :cool1:

Thanks Sea! :) You should definitely check it out next time you get to WDW! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tour of Celebration! It looks beautiful and not what I expected for some reason I thought it was like a cookie cutter community- houses looking the same. The houses were beautiful!! I wouldn't mind living there.

To bad you didn't get to the Tavern I heard it's delish!
Maybe you could try it another time.
Wow it was really HOT!

You're welcome! :goodvibes It was kind of cookie cutter-ish in a way, but then in a way not. Kind of hard to explain! Everything is nice & neat and right in its place and the houses are all lined up perfectly, but the houses definitely did not all look the same. Quite a wide variety actually. Very neat place!

I hope we get back there for dinner sometime!

Breaking news -- This TR is finally back to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Once we left Celebration we were back on WDW property in about 5 minutes!

2543f109.jpg

We returned the car at the Dolphin and walked back over to the BC. That walk felt longer than ever this time. :faint: We were just drained. We got back to the room and cranked the AC and collapsed on the beds. I'm pretty sure DH fell asleep for awhile!

After a few hours of rest we were getting hungry. We got showered and changed and decided to head out for dinner. We planned to walk over to Big River Grille at the BWI, but somehow ended up at Beaches & Cream! :upsidedow We were walking by and thought we'd just try to get in there. It was pretty late for dinner for us, probably after 7pm. We usually make our dinner ADR's for around 5:30 to avoid the crowds, and because we usually only eat a light breakfast in the room and then have an early lunch. But this day was so messed up!! I figured we'd never get in since B&C has so few tables. The CM said it would be about a 25 minute wait. We were standing there contemplating whether or not we should walk over and see if there was a wait at BRG, when they called another family to be seated and they turned it down since it was a table instead of a booth, saying they had sat at a table the night before and it was too small and too crowded. They then asked us if we wanted the table. Sure, why not!

So we head in and are seated at a tiny & crowded table right by the jukebox.

0628aeaa.jpg

911c07d0.jpg

41ba72e0.jpg

895ea337.jpg

89f09b2a.jpg

About 5-10 minutes after we were seated those other people got this booth and they were happy!

247512dc.jpg

We were crowded and lots of people kept coming up to look at and play with the jukebox which put their behinds right near our table by where DS10 & I were seated. DS13 kept teasing DS10 that he must have ordered 'butt in face' for dinner!! :laughing:

We were fine with the tiny crowded table. Could have done without the 'butt in face', but we were just glad to be seated so soon!

87116c92.jpg

I got a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. It was pretty good!

5940c74f.jpg

DH got a turkey sandwich and fruit.

5d164e4b.jpg

The kids each got a hot dog meal. DS10 thought it was okay. DS13 didn't like it. I knew he wouldn't, he's not real big on hot dogs. But they didn't have anything else he liked.

653f0146.jpg

DS10 had a vanilla Mickey Mouse sundae!

b5052c01.jpg

And DS13 had a chocolate Mickey Mouse sundae. He apparently couldn't wait for me to take a picture and tore into it! :laughing:

4ad31b8a.jpg

We had a decent time and thought everything was pretty good. I knew we probably wouldn't be going in there the rest of the week though, just because it is very small, loud, crowded, and hectic in there!

Rating: 7 out of 10
Total Bill: $43.84

Up Next: Swimming & IllumiNations from the Beach!

Loving your trip report! I'm so glad to see that WDW Customer Service took your mousekeeping concerns seriously and comp'd you 2 rooms for a future visit. That was only fair after you gave the BC so many opportunities to make things right. Good for you for following thru! I also love your restaurant reviews! They are very helpful as I plan our next family vaca to the World. Looks like dining at Poly will be a MUST! That stuffed toast looked just too yummy!!!!! Can't wait to read more:thumbsup2

:faint:

When you said Breaking News, I thought you meant, like right now breaking news... like something GRAND. pixiedust:
And I thought oh boy what now?:hyper:
:listen:
And then it was that you were back on WDW property with the TR and I was all "what the hang".... :confused3

So... okay. Yay WDW!!:upsidedow

I for one enjoyed the Field Trip off site; I'm glad you went.

Beaches and Cream looked a bit chaotic and squished. :crowded: I'm sure I would have hated every blessed second of it.:rotfl2:

Your food looked good but the Butt In Face that wasn't ordered was surely a down side of the restaurant.
Great review! :)

(That dress is my fave btw... It is adorable!!!)

Loving your trip report! I'm so glad to see that WDW Customer Service took your mousekeeping concerns seriously and comp'd you 2 rooms for a future visit. That was only fair after you gave the BC so many opportunities to make things right. Good for you for following thru! I also love your restaurant reviews! They are very helpful as I plan our next family vaca to the World. Looks like dining at Poly will be a MUST! That stuffed toast looked just too yummy!!!!! Can't wait to read more:thumbsup2

:welcome:

Glad you are enjoying the TR! :goodvibes And yes, I am so happy that WDW took our complaints so seriously and did something about it. Better late than never!

Yes, dining at the Poly is a must!! ::yes:: Be sure to get the Tonga Toast. :thumbsup2 Lots more WDW dining reviews to come. :)

:faint:

When you said Breaking News, I thought you meant, like right now breaking news... like something GRAND. pixiedust:
And I thought oh boy what now?:hyper:
:listen:
And then it was that you were back on WDW property with the TR and I was all "what the hang".... :confused3

So... okay. Yay WDW!!:upsidedow

I for one enjoyed the Field Trip off site; I'm glad you went.

Beaches and Cream looked a bit chaotic and squished. :crowded: I'm sure I would have hated every blessed second of it.:rotfl2:

Your food looked good but the Butt In Face that wasn't ordered was surely a down side of the restaurant.
Great review! :)

(That dress is my fave btw... It is adorable!!!)

:laughing:

Oh come on, do you really think I could have breaking news that you don't already know about?!!! ;):rotfl:

'What the hang' :rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed our little off-site field trip. :goodvibes I just feel like I have been reporting on this day forever and some people might be ready to get back to WDW!

Yes, B&C was very hectic. Much like the rest of the resort. Good thing the food was good! Of course I was so hungry by the time we got there (it was after 7pm and I hadn't ate anything since noon :faint:) anything probably would have tasted good!! :laughing:

Thanks! :goodvibes I just love that dress too. It is so comfortable. I know I wore it on the August trip, but dang it I was wearing it again in April!! And I'll wear it again in December, if it's warm enough. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter