Tricky_lil_Pixie's Final Blow out Trip Report Day 1&2 & Some pics added

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board' started by Tricky_lil_Pixie, Dec 12, 2008.

  1. Tricky_lil_Pixie

    Tricky_lil_Pixie Creating Mischeif Wherever I go

    Aug 8, 2008
    Well I've been back since Saturday but I've come home full of flu a full trippie will all be done with pictures in time, just not up to it at the moment.

    Brief summary... cold, wet, miserable (had to get changed twice a day into dry clothes) and really quiet, but we had a good time.

    Oh and here's the Tinkerbell Tattoo I was getting done...

  2. Raspberry Bubbles

    Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

    Jan 19, 2007
    Sorry about your flu! :(

    Can't wait to hear about your soggy time!
  3. Avatar


    to hide this advert.
  4. hollymattbenmilo

    hollymattbenmilo DIS Veteran

    Jul 3, 2008
    glad you still had a great time!
  5. Tricky_lil_Pixie

    Tricky_lil_Pixie Creating Mischeif Wherever I go

    Aug 8, 2008
    Here are some of the photo's from our trip... I took loads n loads :goodvibes

    I'll add the Studio one's once I get up to the Studio days.

    Ok so here goes, I'll try keep it breif.

    Arrival & Disney Day1

    We arrived on the Monday evening of the 1st, we got the TGV to Marne La Vallee from the airport (so impressed with this), got the metro to our hotel for the night, checked in at the Best Western Bussey St Georges and had a very sleepless night, I must have slept only 3 hours.

    Up at 7am, couldn't wait to check out and at 8am we were checked into the Cheyenne, baggage in the left luggage park tickets & hotel easy pass in hand heading towards the parks.

    Now as I mentioned before, I didn't get much sleep the previous night, lets just say it doesn't suite me but as soon as we entered the park gates tiredness had temporarily been forgotten, I was in a dream!!
    The view from under the arches of Main Street station was breathtaking, the Tree, the snow covered ferns, the sleigh... I had to pinch myself to make sure I hadn't drifted off into a dream. I felt like a child who's Christmas' had all come at once.

    John let me choose what to do first it was a no brainer really... Peter Pan no wait at all for it, a breeze. John then chose the Tea Cups we were then starving, so off to the Market House Deli for some brekki, Croissant, Pain Au Chocolate and a Coffee.
    As we'd finished the Character Express was starting to make it's way down Main Street, quick shuffle around for the video camera and we watched it chug up the road.
    Headed off to It's a small world, still no queue's, challenged John to Buzz... no queues again, beat him, victory is sweet. Fancied going on Phantom Mannor so treked over to there and they were closing the gates and not letting people on it, must have broke down but the Molly Brown had just got in to dock so decided to take a tour of the river.
    Got off & decided to go on Pirates... it was a really random day today, did a lot of walking here there & everywhere. By this point is was knocking on 3pm I was on my last legs so decided to head back to the hotel to get our key. We had a reservation at Cafe Mickey at 7.30pm.
    We got out room in Annie Oakley building I flopped on the bed & didn't wake up till 7pm.
    By this point I didn't fancy going back to the Village so swallowed my pride and suggested the buffet at the hotel & I am so glad I did, it was gorgeous the ribs n chicken n bbq sauce was mmmmm n the desserts were even better. To end the evening off we ended up in the bar had a cocktail and we were in bed asleep again for 9.30pm ready to get up for a 7.30am brekki the next day.
  6. poppyolivia

    poppyolivia <font color=deeppink>I'm the ski suit queen.......

    Feb 1, 2007
    aww nice one and your piccies are gorgeous!!
  7. cap'njack.

    cap'njack. Totally in love with Lisa_C

    Jun 13, 2008
    I agree that the Cheyenne Buffet is certainly one of the best in DLRP!

    Sounds like you had a good first day!!
  8. Tricky_lil_Pixie

    Tricky_lil_Pixie Creating Mischeif Wherever I go

    Aug 8, 2008
    Day 2... What a wash out...

    We woke up to Goofey at 7am reminding us is time to get up, quite refreshed we went to brekki at 7.30am and it was pouring down, so all wrapped up we trundlled off to an uneventful quiet brekki, I was concerned with peoples talk about uncivilised brekki's, it was almost dead wen we had ours, practically dead!

    It was that wet we decided to take the bus to the park. The park was almost empty, Peter Pan a walk on, tea cups a walk on, Dumbo a walk on, although the seats were soaked.

    By 9.30 we were soaked to the bone my trainers were flooded and cold, my coat soaked through, my Jumper and thermals underneath soaked. I'd had enough so we left Disney for the warm comfortable surroundings of Val d'Europe. I needed some new footwear so ended up in the Timberland Outlet, got a pair of Timberlands for 29.99 Euro. Went to the Supermarket stocked up on little bits to bring home, then headed back to the Disney village to buy a new jumper & poncho using shareholders discount... that piece of paper saved us a fortune on food & little bits & bobs.

    Still pouring we went to hotel to change, discovered the dryer in the hotel, John dried coats off whilst I changed into clean dry clothes.

    It was about 1.30pm when we got back to the park, we had a reservation at the Steakhouse at 7pm tonight so we were now out for the duration so decided it was rollercoaster time. John is lets just say.... a wus when it comes to rollercoasters so where do I start, Space Mountain hahaha, well there was no wait. I just told him it was a coaster in the dark and off we go, I thought he died half way round he was white. He came off loving it, he didn't believe me when I told him there was a loop.

    Then he got the bug, off to Indiana Jones, followed by Big Thunder Mountain, but was adament I wouldn't get him on Rock & Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror.

    The rain eased off just in time for the parade, first time this trip, it was as enchanting as the last trip, I really enjoyed the Father Christmas bit at the end.

    Then the rain started again so headed for star tours, and HISTA.

    TBH we were getting a bit bored by now, there were no wait times for anything, everything was a walk on and we'd done everything we could have gone to the studios but were were saving the Studios till Thursday so headed to the hotel for a bit.

    Went to the Steakhouse for tea and it was lovely John had the Ostrich and I had the strip steak for main and for dessert he had the Black & white Sundae and I had the Giant Profiterol.

    Headed to the Sports Bar for a Glowtini then back to the hotel for a See you later then bed, ready for EMH & the Studio's tomorrow.

    More Pictures...

Share This Page