Tricia & Reuben 4.29.08 WP/Narcoossee's/Grand 1 TR - Day 8 - Our trip is at the end

Loving you TR so far. It's nice to see an escape one? Can I ask what time did you get married? Mine is at noon, and I really want a wishes cruise or dessert party but can figure out what to do inbetween, because I refuse to remove the dress (mainly because I'm very stubborn!:headache:

I felt the same way about my dress, though I ended up changing even before dinner! We got married at 2:30 - gave us plenty of time before and the flow was perfect straight thru from the wedding on. If you stick with noon you will have a bit of downtime, but I don't think you'll have as much time to fill as you think. We thought we'd be bored from 4 to 5:30 for dinner, but by the time we finished cake we went straight to dinner and straight from there to the boat.

Enjoying your trip report, keep it coming!:thumbsup2

Glad you finally got some pixie dust!

Great trip report :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

Hi!!!!

I love your review of the GF..Congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

After reading this I so want to stay at the GF for our anniversary next May!!

I can't wait to hear about Chef mickeys..sorry you had a bad experience...I hope for the most part you guys got to enjoy it.

It was an amazing resort. I'm already working on DH for our anniversary next year! Chef Mickey's just wasn't the right thing to do the night before the wedding - too hectic!!

Day 3 technically started a bit rough around 3am. I woke up to a flashing alarm clock and I was really hot. Turns out the GF had a power outage in the middle of the night, and even though the alarm clock was set, it didn't do anything but flash 12 after the power came back on :scared1: Imagine what would have happened if it had done that the following night and I'd overslept the morning of the wedding!! :furious: So, we got up, adjusted the thermostat and set our cell phone alarms for our morning wakeup. We never used the GF alarm the rest of the trip.

We managed to get right back to sleep and woke up after our first night at the Grand Floridian loving it!! We decided to head to Gasparillas for breakfast. We ordered way too much food and threw half of it away - I really wanted to try everything, not sure why I thought I needed to try it all at once? :confused3 Anyway, after that we showered and got ready for AK. We were to meet the inlaws there around 8:30 for their first Disney park. We got there at 9, regular park opening, so other than it taking a couple minutes for us to get thru the turnstyles, we were off and going at a decent time. I should mention, DH and I NEVER make morning EMH and usually by the time the night ones roll around, we're too tired. Guess we're old at 30! :lmao:

We went straight to the safari ride and had a 15 min wait:thumbsup2 Everyone enjoyed it and DBil took a ton of pics with his new camera he got just for the trip. Oh, side note - DBil is single and shy. We werent' sure he was really interested in going to Disney, so we were trying hard to make sure we got to do and see a lot so that we wouldnt feel so bad about forcing everyone to go to Disney. Well, besides the new camera, DBil also bought a whole new summer wardrobe for the trip, and several Disney souvineers - we think he liked it! ;) Ok, back to the story. On our safari we saw way more animals than normal. DF was amazed and I reminded him how we never get there that early, so the animals weren't napping by the time we arrived that day! After that we headed to the walking trails and found the male gorillas were fighting that day :eek: They were really loud and running around a lot. We'd never experienced that. Apparently they rarely fight like that. Oh, and the fighting was actually funny - there's no physical contact. They make a lot of noise and they run at each other, sort of like playing chicken. :duck:

After gorilla fights, we caught flights of wonder, then headed over to It's tough to be a bug, FOTLK :crazy2: (sorry, but DH wants to see this show every trip and I have seen it way too many times), I did EE by myself, then we did Dinosaur last. For years I've been trying to get DH on some "big kid" rides but he refuses. This time as we're walking he says he'll do Dinosaur, but only go if it's not more than a 20 minute wait - his way out assuming it's way more than that. Nope, 20 min on the dot!! :banana: So we all headed in. DF gets off and tells me he wants to do that ride again :faint: We never did get to it again, but I was glad to get him trying some new things. :thumbsup2 It was around 3 at this point and since it was the day before our wedding, I really wanted to get back to the GF, collect my thoughts, get our gifts together for the family for our dinner at Chef Mickey's, get cleaned up and get to our 6:50 reservation on time. So that's what we did. We had driven the inlaws to the contemporary from CS the night before, so when we left we reminded them again where they needed to go and separated for a couple of hours. I wished I'd had more time to get myself together, but it worked out ok.

Up next, why is everyone lost and why is my wedding not a big deal?? (bridezilla moment). Oh, and the next half has pictures!!

After leaving AK we headed back to the GF. This was the only day we took bus transportation and each time the bus arrived as we were walking up :thumbsup2 Anway, back in our room DF and I each got showered and changed for dinner at Chef Mickey's. I had a sundress that I wanted to wear as it was our rehearsal dinner, and DF put on nice shorts and a polo shirt. I knew my mom and sister had each brought nice clothes to wear too. Well, around the time we got back to our room, I talked to my parents. Their original plan was to spend that day at the pool with my sister and her kids so they wouldn't be too tired the next day. For some reason I can't remember now, instead they decided to do MK that day :faint: Also, my sister and her kids take forever to get up and going anywhere, so I knew they hadn't been there all that long. We talked to them around 4 and they were saying they guessed they'd have to leave shortly to go back to their hotel and get changed. I told them they might as well stay and enjoy a little more park time and then just monorail over to the Contemporary instead of wasting a bunch of time going back and forth just to get changed. Wasn't that nice of me? :cutie: To be honest, at 4 if they hadn't already left I knew that by the time they got all the way to the car, drove to the hotel, got everyone changed and made it back, they'd totally be late.

So, while DH gets ready, I package up the gifts we brought and look quickly thru my wedding binder I've been addicted to for 2 years. I called Tanis and Beauty Speciale to give them room numbers and finally got a hold of someone at the GF to order bottled waters for our Wishes cruise. I wasn't going to because they were really pricey, and I couldn't get anyone to call me back, but when DH heard there wasn't anything to eat or drink, I could tell he was not happy. Anyway, sometime after 6 DF and I are ready to head over to the contemporary. We were both hungry and wanted to make sure we were there before everyone else. DF finally gave in to me saying now it was time for me to wear my ears :bride: so I was on :cloud9: (I had worn them to DTD and all the previous day but for some reason he was grouchy about me wearing them to AK so I hadn't been wearing them yet that day) We headed out to the monorail to tons of congratulations from most of the people we walked by. DH is shy, so I thought this would bother him, but when we sat down on the monorail he commented on how he wasn't expecting so many regular guests to congraulate us and how cool it was :hyper:

While we were on the monorail, people started losing it. For some reason, the map and directions I had mailed to everyone, Disney signs and our dry run the day before were not enough to get DF's family from CS to the Contemporary for dinner :confused: So we had to talk them thru the drive over the phone. By the time we got to the contemporary they were parking the car, so they weren't too lost, but come on!! It's a huge hotel right next to the MK, you can't find that??? Anyway, next I get a call from my friend who's coming in for the wedding. She's lost coming in from the airport. She's supposed to be headed to my parent's timeshare off property, she's now 6 hours late and she's calling me from EPCOT???? :confused: Her flight was delayed by bad weather, and then she was on her phone and missed the exit for 192, so she ended up in Disney. Luckily the toll attendant at EPCOT got her back to 192 and she found her way from there. As soon as I hang up from that call we meet up with DF's family and I call mine to see where they are. It's now 6:40 and our reservation is at 6:50. They tell me they're getting on the monorail. Perfect!
I got to check us in and they tell me the reservation was 6:40 - oops!! Anyway, they tell me I have to wait until the rest of the group arrives and then come back up. :headache: FINE. So several minutes more go by and I call my family. Oops, they took the wrong monorail from MK and now they're at the TTC getting on the resort monorail... This is not their first time to Disney. This is about their 10th visit, how on EARTH did they get on the wrong monorail?? :rolleyes1 Ok, so they finally get there about 15 min after the real reservation time, we go up to the podium and they send us into the CHef Mickey's waiting area of despair.

So we have 10 people, including a 3 year old and 4 year old and we're all really hungry. Not to mention DF is awful when he's hungry. I learned this on our first WDW trip when he flipped out a couple times and then was sweet as can be after food. :idea: They send us into the line do to our picture. DF and I are the only ones dressed up, everyone else is in park clothes, and we're all hungry. Now they make us take a picture in front of a gigantic empty plate?? Ok, we move on. They herd us into the "waiting area of despair". The waiting area at Chef Mickey's for those of you who haven't experienced it, is a row of chairs that faces the buffet. You sit there, stare at the food and the people getting food, and you wait. We waited, and waited and waited. I went up to the podium twice to beg them to seat us. It took another 40 minutes, so now a full hour after we arrived. It was awful. We finally sit down and everyone is starving. We head out to the buffet, no one is having fun and we all scarf down a bunch of food. The food was fine, nothing much to say either way. The characters come around, my niece and nephew get lots of pictures, but no attention for the bride and groom :( To be fair, we were on the inside and made no attempt to get up, but I would have thought mickey would blow me a kiss or something. Here are the much promised and rarely seen pictures from that actual meal.

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008012.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008013.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008014.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008016.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008017.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008019.jpg

At some point the poor picture girl comes by to ask if we want to pay $30 for a copy of the picture of us all in front of the giant plate, um, NO. We were not amused at the price of that picture of nothing! Anyway, we handed out presents to everyone at the end of the meal. It was hard to do since we couldn't get up and out to everyone, they seemed to like them enough. The waiter comes with our bill and proceeds to tell me they can't split the bill with our group and the DDE card. I was total bridezilla. I tell him that he can and he will because when I bought the card yesterday they told me so. He then backpedals and tells me they can split the payments off the one bill, just can't split the bill. Since it's a buffet and everyone was the same price, it was easy enough to do that and we got our discount! We left after that and got some pics on the way out.

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008021.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008022.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008023.jpg

I was a little bummed that our dinner hadn't been what I pictured. We didnt' really talk about the wedding at all and everyone paid way more attention to my adorable niece and nephew than the bride (oh, and the groom lol)

DF and I said goodnight and gave everyone the plan one more time for the morning. We headed back to the GF to listen to the music in the lobby and get a drink in the lounge. It was nice but we were ready to get back to our room and get ourselves ready for the next day. We were asleep by 11 or so and ready for the next day!!

Up next - after 2 years can it really finally be our wedding day?!?!?!?!?!? :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana:

i want more!!!!!

sorry to hear about chef mickeys. we have that booked as our welcome dinner, maybe i should change it

Sorry about Chef Mickey's, seems to be lots of people waiting insane amounts of time for that restaurant. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!!

Oh - I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Your wedding is exactly what we are planning! :bride: We are getting married at the WP and then are planning to book a firework cruise and Narcoosees. Any tips on either would be greatly appreciated!! :lovestruc

I'm sorry about how Chef Mickey turned out. I have never been a fan of that place. :worried:

i want more!!!!!

sorry to hear about chef mickeys. we have that booked as our welcome dinner, maybe i should change it

It wasn't the worst meal, just wasn't what I'd hoped for. Definitely make sure everyone arrives EARLY and I'd say sit on the outside so you get some character attention!!

I'm enjoying your TR :goodvibes Keep it coming!

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Sorry about Chef Mickey's, seems to be lots of people waiting insane amounts of time for that restaurant. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!!

We hadn't done CM in a LONG time, now I know why!! Luckily that was our last bad dining experience, and even that wasn't terrible, so I think we did ok!

Oh - I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Your wedding is exactly what we are planning! :bride: We are getting married at the WP and then are planning to book a firework cruise and Narcoosees. Any tips on either would be greatly appreciated!! :lovestruc

I'm sorry about how Chef Mickey turned out. I have never been a fan of that place. :worried:

Glad you're enjoying it!! I think you're going to be really pleased with your choices - we definitely were!! My only real tip is to make sure you talk to someone at Narcoossee's a couple weeks before your wedding. We had the reservation at 180 days +10 and they had it in their computer right along, but no one ever called us as they said they would to confirm our guest count and details on the menu. It took me a week or more to get ahold of the person incharge of large groups there and when I did she said she was glad I called because they needed to print up our menus with the packaged offering and our names on them! Oh, and make sure you get the DDE card - saved us $200+ on that meal alone! Our server was really nice and put all the drinks on the bill with the 10 adult meals we were getting at a discount, and then put the other 5 adult and 2 kids meals on a separate check - saved us a bit extra!

Glad you're enjoying it!! I think you're going to be really pleased with your choices - we definitely were!! My only real tip is to make sure you talk to someone at Narcoossee's a couple weeks before your wedding. We had the reservation at 180 days +10 and they had it in their computer right along, but no one ever called us as they said they would to confirm our guest count and details on the menu. It took me a week or more to get ahold of the person incharge of large groups there and when I did she said she was glad I called because they needed to print up our menus with the packaged offering and our names on them! Oh, and make sure you get the DDE card - saved us $200+ on that meal alone! Our server was really nice and put all the drinks on the bill with the 10 adult meals we were getting at a discount, and then put the other 5 adult and 2 kids meals on a separate check - saved us a bit extra!

Thank you so much again for the tips! We are going to be 6 months out in about 12 days so I am going to give Narcoosee's a call. Did you call Disney group reservations to make your booking or did you call the restaurant directly? Also, did the offer to make the special menus for you or do you have to ask for them to set that up? I really like the idea of offering our guests 3-4 choices and having everything else already taken care of. :)
Thanks again!! :goodvibes

I love your TR and can't wait to read more! Thanks for all the vendor reviews!
I'm awaiting your next post! :)

Enjoying your TR...can't wait to read more.

Glad you guys are enjoying reading - I'm enjoying reliving it!

Thank you so much again for the tips! We are going to be 6 months out in about 12 days so I am going to give Narcoosee's a call. Did you call Disney group reservations to make your booking or did you call the restaurant directly? Also, did the offer to make the special menus for you or do you have to ask for them to set that up? I really like the idea of offering our guests 3-4 choices and having everything else already taken care of. :)
Thanks again!! :goodvibes

I called group dining and they transfered me to Narcoossee's. Apparently Narcoossee's makes their own group reservations, so you might as well call there directly. If you're only 12 days out from your 180 day mark you might want to just go ahead and call now - call in the late afternoon and you might get someone to answer the phone, otherwise you'll just leave a message and wait for them to call you back. The set menu is the only thing they do for large parties, and they did the personalization, didn't have to ask. It was nice to not have to worry about how much the bill might be, the prices were set so we could plan - we came in under budget on drinks too!

I love your TR and can't wait to read more! Thanks for all the vendor reviews!
I'm awaiting your next post! :)

Glad it's helpful!

We woke up around 7 to a call from Carolyn Allen's wanting to confirm directions to my parents timeshare for our dress steaming. Unfortunatley I had cancelled the dress steaming about 2 weeks earlier (my dress was tulle and didn't wrinkle!). So after appologizing to this poor woman for the mixup (yes, I saved the email they sent me confirming they'd cancelled it) DF and I looked and each other with the biggest smiles on our face and both said in unison "IT'S WEDDING DAY!!!" :bride: :groom:

The alarm was going to go off in a few minutes anyway, so we went ahead and got up. I loved getting up in our room at the Grand - it was so beautiful!!
I went ahead and got in the shower since DF was going to take his after he dropped me off. I got dressed and got the rest of my things together that we hadn't left with my parents the first night in Florida. I had made last minute confirmation phone calls the day before to Tanis, the Grand 1 and Beauty Speciale, so I was pretty sure we were all set. I put out the things that DF needed to bring to Tanis before the ceremony - one coach shopping bag with everything for our ceremony and cake cutting and made sure he had the rings!! After that I put on my bride ears and we headed out to breakfast.

We walked down to the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. We got the usual "when was your wedding?" question that you get when you wear those ears, and I finally got to say "It's today!". It was so cool! :banana: We had a great breakfast and it was really nice to relax together for a little bit before everything got started. I was a little disappointed we didn't get any pixie dust, but it was nice just the same. (btw, there were a bunch of ladies in the restaurant then with pink roses like the ones in the vases on the table - I was sure since it was my wedding day I'd get one too, but no - hmph) I will admit I was a little worried about time, but we were right on schedule. DF and I headed over to my parents timeshare a little after 8:30. Our hair appointment was scheduled for 9. As we're walking to the car, I get a call from a number I don't recognize. It was Lilly from Beauty Speciale (who I couldn't understand that well on the phone) and she was saying she was lost. :faint: I immediately panic and tell her that I will call her back in 2 minutes. I called my parents and tell them they need to call her back and give her directions. I figured they'd have a map, and my sister has an iphone so at least they could look up directions from wherever she was. :eek: A few minutes later my dad calls and says that she's just down the road and they've got her headed the right way. The timeshare isn't too far off property, so as we arrive I see my dad driving out and I was kinda thinking he was going to look for her :confused: I get inside and find out that's exactly what he was doing (good job dad!) Well, apparently she was on the other end of 192 from their condo. We'd been telling her it was the hotel behind Perkins, but she was at a different Perkins on 192. I was so glad I delegated that to someone else!!! My dad found her and got her there only about 9:15, so it all worked out and no big deal. Turns out Lilly is from Tampa and wasn't too sure where our off property place was, even though I sent directions... Not a big deal though.

Anyway, Lilly and Lorena brought in all the gear and got started!!

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008024.jpg

momhairdo.jpg

myhairprogresss.jpg

myhair.jpg

momshairback.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008031.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008032.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008033.jpg

While we were all getting ready, my dad took control of my sister's kids, ran to the drugstore when my sister realized she forgot tights for my niece, ran to the ATM when we realized we could only pay with cash (why on earth did I not know that?), made me some lunch and somehow got himself ready too! :hug: I think it kept him busy and not nervous though. Of course with him being really busy, and everyone else getting their hair done, there was no one to pay attention to me. It really wasn't the way I pictured getting ready for my wedding at all. I thought they'd have mimosas and that we'd have lots of time and be really relaxed. Nope - we had water and my niece and nephew insisted on cartoons - they're not bad kids, but no one ever tells them no.... Lilly and Lorena were cleaning up while waiting on my dad to come back with money and I started freaking out that my hair was too big, my makeup was too much and my lips looked too big. It was bad for a minute!! I finally just decided it was too late and I had to deal. I had no idea what time it was, but it felt really late and I knew that hair and makeup was scheduled till 12 but had run late and the limo was coming at 1:40 and none of us were dressed yet - and with 2 kids that's a big time crunch :scared1:

I made my mom and sister go ahead and get dressed while I put on my shoes and jewelry. Then I put on my million hook bra and got dressed back in my shorts and shirt to wait for time to put my dress on. When my dad got back, Lilly and Lorena said their goodbyes, and I was freaking out! (sorry no pics) My dad quickly got dressed and my sister got her kids ready as fast as she could. I couldn't wait anymore so I made my mom help me get dressed (sister would have had an easier time). My sister came upstairs and I was already in my dress. She was bummed she missed that but she helped get my skirt straight and the other finishing touches, then we headed down stairs.

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008035-1.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008036.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008037.jpg

Around that time the limo driver called. She was on her way and wanted to confirm directions. :moped: Luckily she wasn't lost :worship: She showed up a few minutes later, we loaded all my stuff in the trunk, and loaded all of us into the car, family caravan behind us and headed off to the wedding pavilion!!

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008039.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008040.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008042.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008043.jpg

(at this point I was happy as a clam, but I wasn't realizing I'd never once looked at my wedding binder all day. Why on earth did I have that darn thing if I wasn't even going to do any last minute checking??)

Up next, the Ceremony!!!

i LOVE your hair!! It's so beautiful, and your tiara too!! Lilly did a great job!! And your little flower girl too!! How cute!!

Can't wait to read the rest.

BTW - what is the pink box your FG is holding in the car?? Something for the ceremony, or just a toy for her?

Enjoying your trip report!! Thank you for sharing!

Princesses all around!

You all looked beautiful!

Enjoying your TR! Cant wait to read more!

Thank you all!! I really like sharing my story!!

i LOVE your hair!! It's so beautiful, and your tiara too!! Lilly did a great job!! And your little flower girl too!! How cute!!

Can't wait to read the rest.

BTW - what is the pink box your FG is holding in the car?? Something for the ceremony, or just a toy for her?

Thanks - we were really happy with Lilly and Lorena! My niece's hair was amazing - it's so fine you can barely put a pony tail in, so to have her hair stay up all day was a feat of wonder! The pink thing she's holding was a gift we got her for being in the wedding. We gave it to her on our first night in Florida and she LOVED it! I got it 2 years ago off the old disney ebay site - its a ragdoll type baby cinderella. What you see is the carrier/bed it came in. it also had a baby bijorn(sp?) type thing - it was too cute. Of course my niece named her cinderella doll Aurora :lmao: We did get her to leave it in the car for the ceremony.

WOW! You looked absolutely stunning! Your hair and makeup are perfect! I mean that! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter