Tri Circle D, how do I get to it?

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
Hello! I've been trying to find an updated map of the Fort showing the new Tri Circle D location, and can't seem to find one. Is the ranch open to visitors again? How would one get to it if I'm boating over from the Magic Kingdom?

Hello! I've been trying to find an updated map of the Fort showing the new Tri Circle D location, and can't seem to find one. Is the ranch open to visitors again? How would one get to it if I'm boating over from the Magic Kingdom?
Yes it is open to guests and they have the pony rides over there. I am not sure on the hours but we went in the early afternoon a few weeks ago.

If taking the boat from MK, you walk toward the hoop dee doo building and keep walking past it. There is a bus stop by the road and the barn is directly across the road from the bus stop. You'll see it before you get down there. The barn is huge.

There is a bus running for the Fort to MK also. It goes to that bus stop near the barn. Just another option if people don't want to take the boat.

The public hours of TCD were 10am-3pm this past fall 2020.

Yes it is open to guests and they have the pony rides over there. I am not sure on the hours but we went in the early afternoon a few weeks ago.

If taking the boat from MK, you walk toward the hoop dee doo building and keep walking past it. There is a bus stop by the road and the barn is directly across the road from the bus stop. You'll see it before you get down there. The barn is huge.

There is a bus running for the Fort to MK also. It goes to that bus stop near the barn. Just another option if people don't want to take the boat.

Does anyone have any update on this? I always thought the buses went to the Outpost stop, and then you had to take an internal bus.

But, when I was there last September, they had a bus going to/from the Magic Kingdom at the Settlement Post....so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Does anyone have any update on this? I always thought the buses went to the Outpost stop, and then you had to take an internal bus.

But, when I was there last September, they had a bus going to/from the Magic Kingdom at the Settlement Post....so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

The MK direct bus from The Settlement Depot was installed during the covid protocols because the small boats to to WL and CR were discontinued completely and the big boat to MK was running at a reduced capacity (distancing, etc.). The bus runs for the other Disney theme parks (Ep, DHS, AK) all leave from The Outpost Depot.

The internal bus lines (Orange, Yellow, Purple) all run between the two Depots through the interior of the Fort. The new Tri-Circle-D Ranch facility is across the road from the Settlement Depot.

So if you're coming from MK headed to TCD, take the direct bus and walk across the street from the Settlement. If coming from any other park or driving directly, you'll arrive at the Outpost area so you'll need any internal bus (or walk) to get down to the lake end of the Fort where TCD is.

Hope this helps.

Bama Ed

PS - personally I like the addition of a 2nd Disney way (bus) to MK to go along with the 1st way (boat). There are times in bad weather/high winds when the boat doesn't run and then they have to scramble to add ad-hoc bus runs. So have a constantly operating 2nd method (that can be added to with more buses in bad weather) helps build expectations of the MK transportation available.

The MK direct bus from The Settlement Depot was installed during the covid protocols because the small boats to to WL and CR were discontinued completely and the big boat to MK was running at a reduced capacity (distancing, etc.). The bus runs for the other Disney theme parks (Ep, DHS, AK) all leave from The Outpost Depot.

The internal bus lines (Orange, Yellow, Purple) all run between the two Depots through the interior of the Fort. The new Tri-Circle-D Ranch facility is across the road from the Settlement Depot.

So if you're coming from MK headed to TCD, take the direct bus and walk across the street from the Settlement. If coming from any other park or driving directly, you'll arrive at the Outpost area so you'll need any internal bus (or walk) to get down to the lake end of the Fort where TCD is.

Hope this helps.

Bama Ed

PS - personally I like the addition of a 2nd Disney way (bus) to MK to go along with the 1st way (boat). There are times in bad weather/high winds when the boat doesn't run and then they have to scramble to add ad-hoc bus runs. So have a constantly operating 2nd method (that can be added to with more buses in bad weather) helps build expectations of the MK transportation available.

Thanks.....some great information!

Still not sure if we'll do bus or boat. The boat launch is closer to the monorail station, whereas the bus stops are a bit more of a walk. But, once we get to Ft Wilderness, the bus stop is definitely super convenient because you are RIGHT there. But the walk from the boat dock isn't terrible either.

Thanks.....some great information!

Still not sure if we'll do bus or boat. The boat launch is closer to the monorail station, whereas the bus stops are a bit more of a walk. But, once we get to Ft Wilderness, the bus stop is definitely super convenient because you are RIGHT there. But the walk from the boat dock isn't terrible either.

No it's not a terrible walk from the dock to TCD. 5 minutes, probably.

The boat ride over, in good weather when you leave early enough, is really relaxing and pleasant. It's NOT like the boat ride from the EPCOT resorts to DHS or the Intl Gateway (where you are close to shore and lots of hotels to look at along the way).

You leave view of the MK in Seven Seas Lagoon and run through the channel next to the end of the CR. The monorail lines are OVER your head and the road to MK/CR runs UNDER the boat. Then you enter Bay Lake (an original body of water on property; 7 Seas Lagoon was man made (dug out) to provide fill sand/dirt for MK) and it's a more open body of water. You run past Discovery Island with its abandoned buildings and bird nets and pass close to the Shoe Tree by the old River Country shoreline on your approach to Fort Wilderness. Then TCD is a less-than 5 minute walk up from the lake like I said.

It's a pleasant relaxing ride (if you leave soon enough-boats run about every 15-20 minutes) and takes about 15-20 minutes en route. We enjoy it for the ride itself. Can't honestly say that about the bus ride. :sad2:

Happy to help. Bama Ed

Just checking in, getting ready to leave for our trip HOME.

Is everything the same as far as the bus service from MK to Fort Wilderness? Just wanted to make sure nothing had changed in the last few weeks.

Getting 'into' back area of campground is much easier and quicker when using a Minnie van. Will be costly but you will get dropped right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter