Trex vs rainforest cafe?

trewin

Mouseketeer
Does anybody have an opinion on which is better? We ate a trex last time but I couldn't get in this time around. I was gonna try to call directly. I thought The rainforest cafe would be similar but haven't been there. Any opinions?

Does anybody have an opinion on which is better? We ate a trex last time but I couldn't get in this time around. I was gonna try to call directly. I thought The rainforest cafe would be similar but haven't been there. Any opinions?

I am curious as well. I booked Rainforest because DH really wanted to go. I think the kids would like T-rex better though (theme-wise).

The food is essentially the same. They're owned by the same people. We went to both last trip. We're doing RC this go around just because the theme is better with the kids (2 girls).

If you've done t-rex I would vote for rainforest! It's funny- we have a rainforest in our mall close by so it feels very 'unexciting' to me personally- but I think it's really really rare to have a rainforest in your mall? Not sure how many there are in the US.

As has been said they are much the same food just different surroundings. Being more an animal lover I would choose rainforest but I did think trex was cool.

If you have eaten at trex then go for rainforest.

IMO. Trex is better themed, more updated. The food is pretty much the same but I think we like RFC better. But Trex has waffle fries as an option. I don't like the regular fries at either place. We had the best steak of our trip at Trex in Nov. But we usually do sandwiches, burgers or just apps at both. I can't comment on a 'real' meal at RFC. I haven't had one in 5-6 years. But back then I got the pot roast and liked it! Ok I just read what I wrote and I can see I am not really helping! :rotfl:

we have a rainforest in our mall close by so it feels very 'unexciting' to me personally- but I think it's really really rare to have a rainforest in your mall?
I agree. We also have one in our mall (I wonder if we're talking about the same mall....Woodfield?)

Anyway....another vote for T-REX.

We like trex better. Theme is awesome. Definitely call them directly. They only release a small amount of time slots to online Disney dining. You will get an ADR if you call.

The food has always been good and the theme fun. We love sitting in the ice room!

Call for sure. It said there was nothing available when I tried to book ours on the website. When I called, they had plenty of availability.

Thanks. Lol. Sounds like everybody likes trex. It was our family's favorite when when went in 11'. I called directly and made reservations. Surprisingly 6:00's were taken. We aren't going till April!

We don't have a rainforest nearby us, so the atmosphere is why we book there sometimes. The food is just "okay" to me though. TRex is better.

We ate at both places on our last trip. Neither of us cared much for the food at RFC, but we ended up eating at T-Rex twice. :teeth: We also preferred the atmosphere/effects at T-Rex.

I like the food and the theming better at T-Rex.

Both the same. Just depends on what theme you prefer.

We like trex better. Theme is awesome. Definitely call them directly. They only release a small amount of time slots to online Disney dining. You will get an ADR if you call.

The food has always been good and the theme fun. We love sitting in the ice room!

I am so glad you said to call! I want to take my son because he loves dinosaurs!!! I tried doing the reservations and there were no good times!!! Thank you so much for the advice! :cool1:

Our family thinks Trex food and atmosphere are better. From the ribs/filets and the appetizers. My kids request every year.

We ate at RFC so much at a mall by our house so we like to go to TRex. We live 2 hrs away so we just drive up for the day and hang out DTD. We have never called or made ADRs. They only reserve a small section of the restaurants for reservations. So its always been real easy to get in.

Is TRex scary? I know DS10 and DS6 would like it, but I'm a little worried about DD4.

Is TRex scary? I know DS10 and DS6 would like it, but I'm a little worried about DD4.

You're either getting gorillas and elephants or dinosaurs... I don't think it was scary by any stretch but every kid is different. If you think he'd be scared of big roaring dino heads I'd pass on this place.

If you tell him they aren't real ahead of time it probably won't be such a shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter