Tree nut allergy places to eat safe?

720L

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have suggestions on safest place to eat with tree nut/coconut allergy? From what I've been researching, Universal isn't very allergy friendly?

Contact them direct with issues as serious as allergies.

We have found them to be excellent with allergy info, mine aren`t life threatening, but they still take them seriously. In restaurants, chefs will come out to talk to you if they need to or if you wish them to.

One of my friends has 3 kids all with serious allergies and they always contact Universal directly before leaving and speak to individual restaurants.

So, they absolutely are allergy friendly in our experience.

My son has several serious food allergies and had no problems at Universal, We noted the allergies on reservations at Big Fire, Mythos and Finnegan's. The hosts mentioned them at check in and we reiterated to wait staff. The waiter at Mythos was particularly helpful. He knew about potential cross-contamination of items from outside vendors. In our experience, they were just as good as Disney.

Great thanks everyone! Not doing any sit down meals,but it sounds like all will be fine.

Great thanks everyone! Not doing any sit down meals,but it sounds like all will be fine.

Sit downs are pretty cost effective in Universal (vs Disney) - a great tree nut free friendly place is Cowfish. I had an amazing meal there. (They struggle to accommodate soy allergies, and will tell you so, but every other allergy has a lot of options).

I'd do a nice sit down lunch here...it's a couple bucks more than CS and will probably go faster than CS if my experience this summer is any indication...

Ana to peanut/tree nuts/coconut here. Can’t even be in the same room. I have never had a problem at Universal! The employees have always been really great about finding out of foods are safe. My husband has to go inside and order ice cream for me, but that has been my only problem so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter