Treasure found at Grandmas

Very cool, :thumbsup2,,forever is a long time.

So if you don't wanna use it, I'll be happy to break it in for you.

That's the one I'm talking about!!! :yay:

I have two buried someplace in my attic. TCD once asked me to describe what the lifetime mugs looked like, and I had a difficult time other than "they are shaped differently and are made out of a different, shinier plastic".

Thank you from "Granny Smith"!!

Very cool, :thumbsup2,,forever is a long time.

So if you don't wanna use it, I'll be happy to break it in for you.

I think i can sip some Coke Zero just fine myself:banana:!

Maybe some Kungaloosh :woohoo:

That's the one I'm talking about!!! :yay:

I have two buried someplace in my attic. TCD once asked me to describe what the lifetime mugs looked like, and I had a difficult time other than "they are shaped differently and are made out of a different, shinier plastic".

Thank you from "Granny Smith"!!

So, this is a lifetime mug?:

10%2010%3A16%3A36%20PM.jpg

Deb- Is this the only style of lifetime mug?

If so, then there are a lot of soda thieves out there?

Also, Lug, sorry to tell you, you ain't going to get Coke Zero in that mug for free at the Fort.

They don't have Coke Zero in the soda machine at the Fort.

Diet Coke, yes.

Coke Zero, no.

TCD

So, this is a lifetime mug?:

10%2010%3A16%3A36%20PM.jpg

If so, then there are a lot of soda thieves out there?

Also, Lug, sorry to tell you, you ain't going to get Coke Zero in that mug for free at the Fort.

They don't have Coke Zero in the soda machine at the Fort.

Diet Coke, yes.

Coke Zero, no.

TCD

THATS RIGHT!!!! THOSE PUNKS!!! They just changed it! GRRRR...:mad:

I have also seen some forever mugs from the Fort that were the same color/design as mine but skinner and taller. The forever mugs were sold as such and have no writing on them about single stay use etc.

I have been looking for this friggin mug for 3 years!!!!! When Grandma said she saw it "Somewhere" Thanks GMA that was a lot of help ;)!!

THATS RIGHT!!!! THOSE PUNKS!!! They just changed it! GRRRR...:mad:

I have also seen some forever mugs from the Fort that were the same color/design as mine but skinner and taller. The forever mugs were sold as such and have no writing on them about single stay use etc.

I remember the Fort having both sized mugs. We got a CR mug while staying at the Fort since we use to go to the arcade/grill area for dinner.

We even took over the TV in there during the 2000 election to watch the returns, since were didn't have a TV in our pop up. The mug definately came in handy since we stayed until 0200 trying to figure out who our next President was going to be. Little did we know, it wouldn't be decided for over a month. I remember hearing something about a recount the next day in EPCOT and had to ask recount of what?

TCD

This is the one I have. If they sold another style under the guise of "lifetime", I don't know about it. The mugs that fit in a cup holder, as far as I know, were sold as length of stay mugs. I bought my lifetime mugs in May 1986 when we went camping with a bunch of GTE co-workers for an employee appreciation weekend.

In 1992 we bought the style that fits in a cup holder. Those were definitely sold as "length of stay". We buy new mugs each year as, our stay is very extended! :rotfl:

If you notice, the bottom of the lifetime mug is not removable and, IIRC, it was made by the Thermos company for Disney.

The later, squatty mugs, had removable bottoms so they could go in a top rack of a dishwasher. Those mugs and the tall skinny mugs were sold as length of stay. They are branded "Made in China".

Each resort eventually had their own resort branded length of stay mugs, both tall and squatty. In 2007 Disney quit selling resort branded mugs and just sold the same mug in every resort. 2007 the mug had the year printed on it. 2008 was the same designed mug as 2007 but with no year on it. 2009 brought us the red mug with the Disney characters, and 2010 was the same mug as 2009 except it is shaped a little differently. There is no "flange" about 2.5 inches from the bottom to accommodate a cup holder.

Mug history at its finest! :lmao:

If you notice, the bottom of the lifetime mug is not removable and, IIRC, it was made by the Thermos company for Disney.

The later, squatty mugs, had removable bottoms so they could go in a top rack of a dishwasher. Those mugs and the tall skinny mugs were sold as length of stay. They are branded "Made in China".

Each resort eventually had their own resort branded length of stay mugs, both tall and squatty. In 2007 Disney quit selling resort branded mugs and just sold the same mug in every resort. 2007 the mug had the year printed on it. 2008 was the same designed mug as 2007 but with no year on it. 2009 brought us the red mug with the Disney characters, and 2010 was the same mug as 2009 except it is shaped a little differently. There is no "flange" about 2.5 inches from the bottom to accommodate a cup holder.

Mug history at its finest! :lmao:

Are alladdin and Thermos the same company? I am NOT trolling are trying to start an argument, just curious. :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250720858541&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter