Travelling with Senior in December

msr709

DISfan forever
I'm travelling with Mom Dec. 16 to 20th, would like to take her to MVMCP, I know how to get the tickets but know very little about it, can someone give me some pointers on what would be of interest for a senior citizen and daughter (me)! She doesn't do rides (at least not the thrill rides) but loves Its a Small World, Dumbo, that sort of thing and parades and shows are her favorites. Are these things included on MVMCP? I went to the Disney site and they don't really describe it in detail, can anyone tell me a little about this and if its worth our time? I see that there are 2 dates when we will be there the 16th and the 18th. Thanks for any help you can provide.

We take my DH's 85 year old aunt with us every year. We did MVMCP last year. She really enjoyed it, as we did. The rides are open and they have the special Christmas parade. We all really enjoyed the Christmas shows they put on. We didn't even get a chance to see all of them. If we go to MVMCP this year we'll spend less time on the rides and more time taking in the shows and the atmosphere in general.

Any ideas for a good place to watch the parade with senior (she needs to sit if waiting for a long period of time)?? Thanks!

Our Disney for Adults Board should be very helpful to you in planning your trip with a senior citizen. I shall direct this over to that board. Good luck!

I never noticed that board before, I'll definitely look into it. Thanks again!

I take my mother and she loves it. There are bunch of shows all over the place. I will try to find my old program and tell you more details. I remember Belle's and the one in front of the castle. My mother also loves the Jungle Cruise (no waiting), Its a Small World, and the Haunted Manison.

Thanks for the reply, spiceycat, it seems your Mom and my Mom are the same! She loves all the ones you mentioned except Its a Small World, she hasn't done it yet because it was down for rehab last time we went in Jan. 2000. I just KNOW it will be one of her favorites. After going with my 16 yo niece this past summer, I'm looking forward to traveling with Mom at a slower pace! Let me know if you remember anything else. Thanks again!

also look in your pm (private messages) I think I left something there that might help you.

that's okay I have the program from last year

the shows
Mickey's Twas the Night before Christmas - Galaxy Palace Theatre in Tomorrowland

Wild West Christmas Show - Diamond Horseshoe Saloon In Liberty Square

Celebrate the Seaon - Castle Forecourt Stage

Belle's Enchanted Christmas - Fantasyland Pavilion

Mickey's very merry Christmas Parade - twice nightly

Fantasy in the SKy Fireworks - this is wonderful it is all over the MK not just behind the Palace like the regular fireworks

the Country Bear Jamboree is also during a Christmas Show

in the rides my mother also likes

Cinderella's Golden Carrousel

Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Astro Orbiter

does not like
Space Mountain
the extraTerrorrestrial Alien Encounter
Big Thunder Mountain RR
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (she says this ride jerks her)
Pirates of the Caribbean (too dark)

there are also a bunch of shops open

Thanks for the list, I'm going to print it. I guess it must be the age but my Mom likes all the rides yours does but my Mom likes the Pooh ride. She's looking forward to trying Dumbo, line was way too long last time we went. I'm so looking forward to this trip! Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter