Traveling with tweens - a late summer trip to Florida - UPDATED

Joining from Upstate NY :wave:
Enjoying your report so far and the look so the girls' faces! I totally understand how you felt walking into Kidani; we aren't DVC but go down every couple months and Wilderness Lodge is "home" to me. Every time I walk in I take a deep breath, look up, and then smile with the tears in my eyes :love: I take it you are super glad you bought DVC!

You had good days at the park so far too! We were there a little earlier than you and crowds were lower than they'd been on our two previous visits in June and April. Look forward to reading more!

Joining in now and I'm loving reading your report! The view from your room looks amazing!

picking back up after a loooooooong break….

So the alarm goes off at 6:30 AGAIN, and my method of smashing buttons frantically at 7am is again successful. This time, I think we had boarding group 57 or something like that. Which meant that we wouldn’t have had to get moving quite so quickly, except for one thing - we had reservations at Olga’s!

Now, you might say to yourself, why would you go to a bar at like 10am? And normally, I’d probably agree with you (while at the same time conceding that it is indeed always 5pm somewhere). However, when we were planning, this was P’s one big request. So even though it might have been a one and done for me, off to Oga’s we went!

6105BF09-05F4-4E96-9675-57C91E48A672.jpeg
Good morning! Quick cocktail for you?

I have to say that I LIVE FOR the details in here. The weird little animals in the liquids at the top of the bar. The cool coasters. The ROBOT DJ!

F7FFA190-93F6-42E2-A53F-E31C8DEE33B2.jpeg
Fangirling the robot DJ - he is famous!1D079E69-2825-4320-A46B-0F98191519E9.jpeg
Spin those records, DJ-R3X!!!

Last time, we got the snacks and all had different drinks (the adults had alcohol), but we all ended up liking the same one - the carbon freeze! It fizzes plus it has popping boba, plus it actually is pretty good. So this time it was carbon freezes all around!
6CCEDA0A-5DAA-416D-ACA1-CA27024C4666.jpeg
I wasn’t really trying to feature the family behind us, but it looks like that is the only pic we got of the drink.

Somehow, we ended up getting two each, both because I worry about hydration and because mom is a sucker.

From there, we headed out to the light - it is really jarring to walk out of Oga’s and into the bright, bright Florida sunlight! Had to get some blue milk to ease back into things.

D386850A-1FCE-43AC-BBF6-8B9DF125AC84.jpeg

I kinda like the blue milk. Can’t stand the green for some reason.

Then they finally called our boarding group. We were obviously still in the area, so we went right over, ready to join the resistance.

5D41D6DC-62E6-4AB7-9672-8E04D18359F9.jpeg
I’ve got a bad feeling about this mission…

What I had not realized before is that there are (at least) two tracks to this ride- one goes high, the other low. So it actually looked pretty different to me than it did the day before. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

CCB9A0EE-F438-4CA5-9722-F97E7E341D78.jpeg
Rose looks worried - will we escape?

FA657850-4B2C-4D4F-A592-FC6F7C411DE5.jpeg
Mission complete!!

Of course, since we were in the neighborhood, we had to swing back over to the Millennium Falcon one more time. The kids were pilots again. All I’m gonna say about that is maybe we want to get them extra driving lessons when they are old enough lol

3E502917-F5D6-4C69-B678-8B58EFE4E774.jpeg
Despite appearances, I assure you that they are not studying how this thing works.

Then on to Slinky Dog Dash just one more time. After that, we met up with one of Rose’s high school friends and her family - they have three sons around then same age as our kiddos. Finally, FINALLY someone would go on Tower of Terror with me. Of course, once the smol dudes agreed, everyone agreed. P scanned the wrong pic, so I don’t have pictures of how goofy we all looked. I did get another family’s though 😂

By now, it has started to rain, so we wrapped things up, everyone was just tuckered out. We made plans to meet up early the next day at Animal Kingdom. Everyone except me was out like a light by 8.

Up next: Did you know there is a short cut from the exit at Flight of Passage to the entry line?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter