traveling with kids who nap

Mickfarland4

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for May 2014 and am really torn about whether to stay off site in a one or two bed villa or paying more to be onsite with only a hotel room for 4 of us(kids almost 3 and 5 at time of travel). I am not sure how I feel about having just one room for us and no balcany with the kid's going to bed earlier and napping. I don't want to be cooped up in one room bored. Do the moderates have balcanies? I would appreciate any advice from those that have done the disney on property resorts with little kids and one hotel room! Or will we not care at all since we will be tired freom the parks? So confused! Haven't been there in over 15 years!:confused3 TIA!

You may be surprised at those ages if they don't want/need a nap when they are in the parks. Our last trip we traveled with grandkids who were 2 and 6 at that time...Mom intended to take little one back to hotel room To nap in the afternoon, but she was so stimulated with rides, characters, she was good to go. We did rope drop every morning and left for the day around dinner, then bath and to bed early. That was our routine and it worked great.

That family had a family suite at ASMu and it was perfect. The moderates Do not have a balcony as far as I know, nor do values. The family suites have a separate room. Of the moderates CSR has a dividing wood pocket door that can be pulled shut between bathroom/dressing area and living area. Not sure about others.

We love staying on site, as if someone needs a nap, etc. One parent can take them home and the others stay.

Yeah we finally don't need naps. What we did when granddaughter was young was go rope drop, until 1 then back for nap, a swim, and dinner, then back to park for wishes or fantasmic or other rides we may have missed. Leaving park around 9 or 10. We were so tired, we took a little nap with the kids, and by 10 or 11 when we got back to room we were tired enough to fall asleep. Ask, around because I am blind and don't really know how she did this, but my dd use to only lay down for an hour during nap, she was 16 at the time, the little one would take a 2 hour nap maybe longer. My dd would take a chair outside the door and sit, it seemed there was enough room for a chair, she would read or play on the computer. We were in the AB at POR, I think it was room 1408, it was on the bottom floor, and there was only two rooms there and it seemed we had a little porch. At night, she would turn on tv, but it never bothered baby and me, baby would fall asleep right away she was so tired, and I would fall asleep within 1/2 hour even with tv on, that much walking. I also know, that some of the rooms at AB were right next to the pool, especially if you got bottom floor. I use to send granddaughter and dd for a swim while I did laundry, the pool was right outside the building. I don't know how you feel about being 10 feet away from door, but if you are lucky enough to catch a room next to a pool and with the kids that age, once asleep you may be able to step outside and sit on a lounge chair as they nap. I will say the rooms are cramped, in moderate, I would think even smaller in value, we can't stay there anymore with 5, even in the AB at POR, just to cramped. But it to me would be better than going off sight, just to much to get all the way back to car, and drive off site to come all the way back. You are talking about 5 hours out of your day to do that, and it would be with no dinner and no swimming, like we can do when on site. I take those 5 hours to relax back at pool and have a dinner outside the park, during the time that the park would be the crowdiest. A deluxe would be way more expensive, but then you are on the monorail if you can swing that, the rooms are bigger. Oh if you pick a monorail deluxe that is, not all are on the monorail. That would make it easier to get back to room and park again.

Have you thought about the cabins at FW. They are class as moderate but would give you space away from your kids while they try to sleep. Plus is is only a quick boat ride from the MK. They have a bedroom separate from the living area.

Moderate resorts do not have balconies.

Another option would be to look at renting points from a company like David's for a stay in a DVC resort.

Have you thought about the cabins at FW. They are class as moderate but would give you space away from your kids while they try to sleep. Plus is is only a quick boat ride from the MK. They have a bedroom separate from the living area.

Moderate resorts do not have balconies.

Another option would be to look at renting points from a company like David's for a stay in a DVC resort.

I originally wanted the cabins. I loved the idea of sitting outside while the kids slept but, then I heard the bus system is awful to get around the resort. I also started checking prices off site and realized how much money we could save and have a full kitchen, seperate br, and awesome pools:surfweb:! This is when the confusion set in!! I also like the idea of being able to make payments as we are not big savers:blush:!! I guess I'll decide when we find out our tax refund maybe!

When our kids were napping age, we just went with the flow and they slept in their strollers. If you ALL need a break, though, I would stay on property in a 1bd villa at Bay Lake or Wilderness Lodge. But, like another poster said, you may find it difficult to make the kids nap at Disney! haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!