Traveling with a 5 1/2 year old what tours???

staffieri

DIS Veteran

We will be on the Fantasy this weekend and stopping at Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Cozmel. Got Grand Cayman covered. I had planned to do a dolphin experience but now will wait until my daughter is older. We feel there is no way she will enjoy being in the water so close to the dolphin. Any ideas??? I know there some great beaches but anything else?

In Cozumel I did Dolphinaris with my 4 1/2 year old daughter and she LOVED it! She still talks about it and it was a year and a half ago. You are in the water with her and she gets to touch and hug the dolphin. Just a different perspective to consider. It's protected water with no waves and everyone wears life jackets. It is not a swim but an encounter and when she's older we will let her do a swim when we go back.

Another vote for Dolphinaris in Cozumel. My daughter turned 5 the week we were on our cruise and she loved it!! As PP said, very controlled and I felt safe. But, you know your child best!

In Grand Cayman - I would recommend the Botswain's Turtle farm. THe DCL excursion was well worth the price IMO. Tranport to the farm, tour with the turtles (get to hold them etc...) and then free time for swimming. There is a fresh water zero entry pool and a salt water pool where you can snorkel with fish. Lunch is included and was pretty good.

Have a great time!

Thanks. I really want to do the dolphins, just lately when we have taken her to the lake she has been all freaked out about big fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter