Traveling to the Fort ffrom DE

Gabby2157

Earning My Ears
My family and I are taking our first trip to the Fort in Feb. 09.
We will be traveling with friends that have a motor home and we have a Pop Up.
It's aprox. a 1,000 mile trip for DE and we are planning to stop over one night going down and coming back.
I dont' want to open up the Pop up for a few hours to sleep but my friend plans to sleep in his motor home.
We want to stay in close aproximity to each other for the trip.
I looked into hotels close to some KOA's and also the small KOA cabins for us as he would probably stay at a KOA.
Any suggestions on this scenerio and any suggestions where to layover going down and back.
Seems like the Savanna GA area is about 680 miles and 11 hrs. down with 290miles and 5 hrs. to go the second day. This seems like a decent gong down layover place.

We always stop at the Spring Hill Suites (exit 94) in Savannah right off of 95. Lots of restaurants, nice free hot breakfast. The last time we were there we noticed a couple of campers in the parking lot. Do your friends need a campsite for the night? Could they dry camp in the parking lot of your hotel? You could try calling and asking the hotel if they would allow the camper.

I highly recommend that hotel. It's the last savannah stop--about 13 hours from us (bucks county, pa). And only 5 hours the next day.

You can book that hotel on marriott.com.

We also travel from DE with our popup. Last time we stayed at Fayetteville KOA and drove thru to disney the next day. Too long of a trip for us the 2nd day - so this time it will be Rocky Mount KOA night 1, and Savannah South KOA night 2. Honestly I thought it would be really bad setting up for just sleeping, but it really isn't that bad. We have it down to 30 minutes. Plus we get to sleep in our own bed.

Most of the KOAs, the Kamping Kabins don't have linens, so I would just opt for a hotel nearby.

We leave NJ at around 4 am and travel to the savanaha Ga koa also makes for a long first day we usually arrive at 8-9 pm thats with stopping for bathroom breaks for us and 2 senior dogs so 16 hrs is probably not the norm but worth the trip to get that much out of the way when we go for home we usually go to fayetteville NC on way home its just over the half way mark then finish trip on second day but i'm a driver for a living so i'm use to long drives in winters i plow snow for longer hrs at times 20 + hrs are common so 16 is a little rough being i'm pulling a 32 ft TT on 95 but not to bad plus you just keep thinking your getting closer to the mouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter