Traveling to Monterey for Business

becky_AK

DIS Veteran
I'm traveling to Monterey for business & unsure if I should fly into LAX, San Francisco or Monterey directly. Any transportation advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks :)

That kind of depends on how much you like driving, and if you want to do some sightseeing, too!

It's a LONG way from LAX to Monterey (~350 miles), so I wouldn't advise that unless you have some extra time (a day each way!). San Francisco is about 100 miles from Monterey, but traffic can be pretty bad in the SF/Silicon Valley area. It'll be easiest if you can fly directly into Monterey, but if you want to do some sightseeing in the San Francisco area then flying into SF would give you the opportunity. Flying into San Jose would be another possibility - that would be closer to Monterey than SFO.

If cost is not an issue, I recommend flying directly into Monterey. You can always take a side trip to San Francisco and other places in the area if you have time available.

Monterey is the closest, but you may have a better choice of flights if you fly into San Jose. It's about an hour/hour and a half drive to Monterey from the SJ airport.

San Francisco and LAX are way too far away, in my opinion.

Definately fly into San Jose if you can't fly directly into Monterey. SFO would be the only other reasonable option, LAX is sooooo far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter