Traveling from Norway and testing before Disney cruise

eleda72

Mouseketeer
Hello from Norway :)
So, this will be my dh and I first Disney Cruise (WISH in November)
I understand we have to do a covid test before a cruise, but not how we should do this correct.
We will be in Orlando from October 29 and our cruise will be November 4
Where do we take this tests?
(We are both fully vaccinated)

If we should be so unlucky to test positive, I totally understand we can't go on the cruise, but what happens with our money?
Do we get those back or what will happen?

Best from Adèle Marie

Good Morning! So exciting!

As of now, tests are required at least 2 days prior or you can always pay to test at the port. I would say wait till you get a little bit closer to see what happens with the testing requirements as they are constantly changing. Hopefully things look different in November.

If you are denied boarding because of Covid, you can either choose a future cruise credit or a full refund.

For the full details, look for the "Know before you go" page on the DCL website.

Have a great trip!

Hi eleda72!

It's good that you will be in Orlando so many days before your cruise. Wise choice! Because things can change overnight, and you have a few months, keep checking back and also check the Know Before You Go page as was mentioned above.

The Link for that page is:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

For testing, November 4th is a Friday. So you would need to test on Wednesday or Thursday. You can do a 'proctored' test on Zoom. You would buy your own test kit, make an appointment with a business that does this - OnPoint is one (https://onpoint-testing.com/). They need to SEE you take the test.

You could also get it done at a place that does Covid tests - like CVS which is a 'drug store' (pharmacy). You can ask the people at where you are staying to direct you.

At the moment you can also be tested at the MCO Orlando Airport: (https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/coronavirus-covid-19/)

And at this point you can also choose to be tested at the Port before you get on the ship. All of these options cost money. The online one is the cheapest. I think at the ship it's $78? That should really be your last choice as it's stressful and better to have it done before that Friday.

Yes you do get a refund HOWEVER it won't happen right away. Might take a couple of weeks depending on how you paid for your cruise.

So, there are a few options. Just be sure to check back in Early October to see what the rules are. I am sailing in December and HOPING it is no longer a requirement by then!

Thank you so much for your replies, I feel this is the thing that stress me most about our cruise.
Other than that I am really looking forward to our very first Disney Cruise :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter