Traveling from Central Illinois to California

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by Chelsey Brandon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Chelsey Brandon

Chelsey Brandon Earning My Ears

Hey guys! This is my first ever forum, so sorry if I mess things up! For my 25th birthday, we are wanting to drive from Central Illinois to California! I haven't done a ton of research yet, but found this and figured it's best to hear from actual people. We won't be going until March of 2020, around the 16th, which is my birthday. I've been to Cali once, and went to Long Beach, Hollywood, and Anaheim. We went to Disneyland (AMAZING), and did the walk of fame. I have found at least one place I definitely want to go, and it is Safari West. They are in Santa Rosa, so need to plan to go that way for part of the trip! Any and all advice is welcome!! :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Welcome!

I don't have any advice for a trip that's 16 months away but thought I'd just say hey. Should be a fun drive - I love road trips. How many days from home to home are you planning?

3. RedVines2001

RedVines2001 Earning My Ears

I went to safari west a few years ago. I got a Groupon for it but honestly I don’t know if I would pay full price for it. It’s mostly the antelope type grazing animals and most of them stayed away from the safari trucks so I couldn’t see them up close. I think there are better safari type experiences out there. San Diego zoo is on the top of my mind.

If you do go call ahead of time to make sure safari west wasn’t affected by the Santa Rosa fires last year. Sonoma and Napa wine country is close to Santa Rosa so you might wanna check it out. That would be worth it.

Hope this helps.