travelers checks

wano

Earning My Ears
I like to try to keep my money safe can anyone tell me where and how hard it is to cash travelers checks at disney? also what kind of checks should I buy?

thanks for any help :rolleyes1

I got my travelers checks from my bank. I can only say that at WDW and all star movies, I had no problem cashing them at wdw.

thanks for the tip. i hate carrying around too much cash guess i'm just paranoid

I use travelers checks all the time. If you are a member of AAA they are free. You will have no trouble using them at Disney. The exception might be at a popcorn or ice cream vendor. I don't know for a fact, but that may be your only problem. The restaurants and shops will not be a problem. You can always cash them in your hotel lobby as well to have some cash for the day.

I use traveler's checks all the time at Disney and never had any problem cashing them at the front desk or in the parks. Just remember to keep the receipt that has the check numbers on it, seperate from the checks themselves.

I purchase mine from my credit union and their American Express.

I use them every time I go to WDW!

My advice is to get them in fairly large denominations (I get most of mine in $50 denominations). Because we stay at Shades of Green, we can't use the dining plan or charge things to our room. I use travelers checks for things like all my meals, snacks and souvenirs, and usually bring about $600 worth.

If you choose large denominations, you don't have to get nearly as many travelers checks. My first trip, I got them mostly in $20s, and it was a pain to keep cashing them all day long. Plus, because of the sheer number that you have, they get bulky in your wallet if you get smaller denominations. When I get them in $50s, I can cash one or two per day, as needed, and use the change (which is in cash) throughout the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter