Travel With

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I've booked a 2 bedroom dedicated and a studio for a weekend next year at BCV. Tia, the first CM asked if I wanted a "Travel With" note and when I said "sure" she transferred me to Antoinette who did that and said that the resort will try to have the two villas near each other.

This is the first I've heard of that phrase, and I think it's a good idea!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I had the same thing happen to me Monday when I booked 8 rooms at BWV. Rock my CM said he would patch me over to have my group listed as ( TRAVEL WITH). It is still just a request.:goodvibes

I had the same thing last week when I booked two studios. Hopefully it helps.

i have 5 nights booked at BLT Thanksgiving week. one night 11/26 I am waitlisted for points, but have a backup reservation thru Disney CRO cash with AP discount.

The CM I talked to today told me they could note my DVC reservation as "travel with" and have CRO make the same notation on the cash reservation so that, hopefully, I could have they same villa assigned and not have to move. This is the first time I have had a CM use that phrase.
Maybe this is something new---they were closed Monday afternoon for some "training".

Ditto! A couple weeks ago I booked a 2BR Savanna View room at Kidani, plus a Standard View studio. I, too, was transferred, and the Travel With was noted. I thought it was odd at the time, as I hadn't read about it on the Dis. I was all prepared to add it as a request when they transferred me. Sounds like a new procedure! Hopefully it works well!

We had a travel with number for our BWV & AKV stay which we just completed. For the BWV stay, we got connecting a studio and 1 bedroom.

For our AKV stay, we got 2 studios across the hall (consecutively numbered rooms).

I mentioned that "travel with" thing to the front desk person to ask whether our 2 rooms were close to each other and the person confirmed that even though we did not do online check in, our rooms were preassigned. Because they were preassigned, the AKV person called up to housekeeping and asked whether our rooms were ready (at 12pm). They were not. However, AKV was not able to give me (or would not give me) my room numbers until the room was ready (notified by text).

We also had our reservation sent to a "travel with" CM. We have 15 people staying in (2) 2BR's at OKW and I requested that they try to put us as close together as possible. They transferred me to another CM so that she could set up the "travel with" notation. I wonder if this is their new alternative to the Grand Gathering:confused3?

We also had our reservation sent to a "travel with" CM. We have 15 people staying in (2) 2BR's at OKW and I requested that they try to put us as close together as possible. They transferred me to another CM so that she could set up the "travel with" notation. I wonder if this is their new alternative to the Grand Gathering:confused3?

Probably not an alternative to Grand Gathering as we only have 4 people in two studios.

can we request a "not travel with?" :goodvibes We're traveling with DH's extended family in January and there's only so much "inlaw time" I can handle! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

can we request a "not travel with?" :goodvibes We're traveling with DH's extended family in January and there's only so much "inlaw time" I can handle! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Love it! I understand...completely.

We booked a 2BR and a studio for Dec and they told me they linked them. We booked about 8 or 9 months ago. My MIL and FIL will be in our 2BR and my SIL and BIL and their DD will be in the studio. As much as I'd like them all to be put in Timbuktu ;-)...it will probabaly be easier if our 2 rooms were close together.

Bobbi,
We had a "travel with" number for our recent big family trip at BWV. I was told that the number would give us some priority in getting our rooms together. I don't know whether to credit the number but all 4 rooms were close together on the 5th floor at BWV (and that was during the busy F & W time when the resort was full and there were waiting lists).

We did not have good luck with a travel with number this past October at BWV. We had four 1BR and two studios. Three of the 1BR were on the same floor (5th) and fairly close to each other. The other two studios and 1BR were on the 3rd floor and as far apart as they could be.

When I checked in I was told they didn't want to give me a room that was ready because they could see there were rooms blocked off for us. The friend who obtained the travel with number was very upset especially since she was the one relegated to the 3rd floor. No one could explain to us "why this happened."

We have had better luck putting "close to Smith, Brown, etc. in the notes." We are thinking of going back to that for next year.

That's really nice they are doing this. I understand requests are just requests, but we have traveled with my BIL, SIL and their kids a few times, and we have had the WORST luck with room assignments. We have always stayed at either OKW or SSR, made reservations at the 7 month window, and noted we'd like to be in the same building on both reservations.

With that being said, OKW has been much more flexible, even though we had to request a change at check-in. For all reservations, not only were we in separate buildings, but in completely different locations! Just to give you an example, at SSR, they originally had us in the Springs section and BIL/SIL in either the Paddock or Carousel area. :eek: It just wouldn't seem that it would be THAT hard to put you in the same building or at least two buildings in close proximity.

Honestly, though, I think I just have BAD, BAD luck with room requests. This past stay, I requested either a "pool view" or a room close to the elevators when I booked 7 months out. So we get there, check in and we're in room 351. If you think of BCV as a Y, room 351 is at the base of the Y, left corner and there is no pool view. It's almost as if they went out of their way NOT to honor our request! :rotfl: I will say, the ONE time we got our request, AKV knocked it out of the ballpark. We reserved a 1BR value on spring break right before Kidani opened, and we requested a savanna view. We had a wonderful room with a beautiful savanna view. Kinda makes up for the rest! :goodvibes

We leave Thurs for a stay. There will be my family in a 1-Bdrm at BWV book with points, and my parents in a studio booked through CRO. We got a travel with number attached to both ressies. I will post how it goes.:goodvibes

They will do this.... My first trip we booked 4 studios together and at the last minute my sister bailed on us so we changed our reservation to a 1 bedroom on the 6th day of the 12 day trip. When we got there we were in 3 of the 4 dedicated studios all together at the end of the long hallway at WL. My in-laws were next door..... When it was time to move rooms I was done so when we were checked out and were checking in I asked to be put as far away as possible. The lady was cracking up but did as I asked - we were 2 floors down and in the "short" hallway section of the villas. It was great. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter