Travel to Epcot for early tour

dizplanner

DIS Veteran
We have a trip upcoming in May. We have the DVC Soarin' Tour at Epcot scheduled at 8 am on a Wednesday. We are staying at the Polynesian. Can we walk over to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail and get there in time?
What time does the Epcot monorail start? Do they run buses from Poly to Epcot early in the morning? Should we just plan on taking an Uber? If so, any suggestions as to what time we would need call for a car?
Thanks

Buses start daily around 6:30am, sometimes a little earlier if a park is opening at 7am

Moving you to the Transportation board.

FYI, there is not a bus from any of the monorail resorts to Epcot. It is possible you might see an early morning bus running to Epcot before monorail hours - I’ve read about this but never actually seen one in person. :-)

The Epcot Monorail has typically been staring at 7:30AM lately, although this can change week to week so you need to look at the weekly Times Guide to be sure: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

If this were me, I’d Taxi/Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van - so much easier for an early morning like that when you need to have more control over your exact arrival time.

Just reporting back in case anyone else is interested in the answer.
We did an Uber, which worked fine, but was totally unnecessary. They do not open the bag check line until 7:45 am, so no need to arrive before that time. I saw at least two monorails arrive prior to that time. So we could have just walked over from the Poly to TTC and caught the first monorail to Epcot. It would have got us there in time.

Also the tour, which supposed to start at 8:00 am, said they were not starting until 8:05 am because "they know it takes time for everyone to get in the gates". We actually didn't really get started until 8:20 because the tour guide tangled up the headset cords for the listening devices (and he only had to hand out 20 of them). We did make the first Soarin' ride as part of the tour. I would have liked a bit more information about the ride, but still a nice DVC benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter