Travel time from Imperial Palms?

voleball

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me how long it takes to travel from Imperial Palms to the turnstiles of each Disney parks? We'll be driving.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to travel from Imperial Palms to the turnstiles of each Disney parks? We'll be driving.
Use Google Maps, that way you can do it! Easy enough! From the parking lots, add 15 minutes to be safe, except for the MK, I'd do 30 for that.

Ah, it’s pretty quick! I’d say 10-15 minutes to the parking lots, longer if traffic. Of course, then you’ve got however long it takes to be directed to your parking place and get to the park turnstiles, which is much more variable. I’d estimate 30 minutes to an hour from Imperial Palms to the turnstiles, but it could be less.

You just go up and over I-4, and you’ll be on Epcot Center Drive. Then follow the signs to the park you want. We’ve stayed there several times and found it amazingly convenient to get to the parks.

Last edited:
I've stayed at Sabal Palms, I really don't remember it being a long drive. The longest trip will be to MK because you park at the TTC and then take the monorail or ferry in.
I want to say the longest drives were to AK and the TTC?

I generally say about an 60 minutes for AK, EPCOT and HS with MK perhaps 90 minutes if really, really unlucky. This is longer than some here are saying, but that is my experience.

For example, 30 minutes to drive to the park entrance. 10 minutes to get to your parking spot and unload. 10 minutes to wait for a trolley or walk. 5 minutes on trolley. 5 minutes to walk to the turnstiles. Now it can certainly be less, but 60 minutes is a good place to start. You won't be disappointed if you make it in 40 minutes.

At MK, you have the extra 20 minutes or so of getting from the TTC to MK. If unlucky you can arrive just as the ferry or monorail are pulling away and have to wait longer, so suddenly it feels like it is taking forever...

Other factors include how many kids, strollers and stuff you have to lug around. That stuff will slow you down some.

Distances are pretty vast at DisneyWorld. There can be traffic and crowds. Give yourself enough time.

I generally say about an 60 minutes for AK, EPCOT and HS with MK perhaps 90 minutes if really, really unlucky. This is longer than some here are saying, but that is my experience.

For example, 30 minutes to drive to the park entrance. 10 minutes to get to your parking spot and unload. 10 minutes to wait for a trolley or walk. 5 minutes on trolley. 5 minutes to walk to the turnstiles. Now it can certainly be less, but 60 minutes is a good place to start. You won't be disappointed if you make it in 40 minutes.

At MK, you have the extra 20 minutes or so of getting from the TTC to MK. If unlucky you can arrive just as the ferry or monorail are pulling away and have to wait longer, so suddenly it feels like it is taking forever...

Other factors include how many kids, strollers and stuff you have to lug around. That stuff will slow you down some.

Distances are pretty vast at DisneyWorld. There can be traffic and crowds. Give yourself enough time.
OP is staying at Imperial Palms which is Marriott World Center, literally across I-4 from Disney Springs.

I have stayed in Imperial a couple times and Sabal Palms a couple times and it is one of the best locations we've ever stayed in. It is my first choice of places to stay (3x this year). There is literally no traffic issues because the road it sits on goes directly on to Disney property.

I would say we were in the 10-15 minute time frame for Epcot, DHS and AK parking lots. I would give MK 30 minutes closer to opening simply because the toll booth often has lines and parking is less organized. Then add on top of that the logistics of the individual and getting to the gates. Only MK add any substantial added time. I would say we take 10 minutes to exit our car and walk to the turnstiles at the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter