Travel Size things

Passions71203

<font color=teal>Not saying that old men are ugly.
Does anyone have any other websites besides this one to buy travel size things at? Our local stores do not carry very many things.
www.minimus.biz

Thanks
Erin

Have you checked your local grocery store? Also drugstores, dollar stores & Target usually has a great selection. I use snack size ziploc baggies for things like cotton balls, band-aids, q-tips & those Dove or Olay individual facial cloths with soap built in-they're great for washing your face in the parks on a hot & sticky day. Also you can buy a set of travel size plastic bottles & put your own shampoo, etc in them for a lot less then those travel size.www.travelsmith.com & www.magellans.com are travel catalogs & websites. LLBean also has a travel catalog which I believe you access thru the regular llbean.com site. Hope this helps.

I bought a package of empty bottles for $1 at Big Lots that I put my favorite shampoo, conditioner, hair spray and lotion in. I'm particular about what I use so this has worked great for me. Walmart sells bottles the same size, but I don't know the cost. They're by the shampoos and such in our store.

I hate how expensive those little travel sizes are - if you can find the brand you're looking for. What I've started doing - When getting towards the end of an item like shampoo, body wash, deodorant, I'll stop using it when there's enough left for the length of my trip. Then, when I'm coming home I can just throw it away & not worry about having to repack the small bottles. I like mentally knowing I'll have a little bit more space for all that stuff I'll buy while I'm away!

If you have a beauty supply shop in town, they usually sell empty 4 oz. bottles quite cheaply, and so does Wally World. Just fill em up with your regular products and leave them permanently in your suitcase.

KJF said:
I hate how expensive those little travel sizes are - if you can find the brand you're looking for. What I've started doing - When getting towards the end of an item like shampoo, body wash, deodorant, I'll stop using it when there's enough left for the length of my trip. Then, when I'm coming home I can just throw it away & not worry about having to repack the small bottles. I like mentally knowing I'll have a little bit more space for all that stuff I'll buy while I'm away!

What a great idea!!! :banana:

I always find a good selection at Walmart. I usually get a few empty containers in the same section too to fill with the stuff I can't find in a small size. I also check Target, the supermarket and the drugstore (CVS, whatever), since no store ever has all the stuff I need. Hardest find for me...travel size aerosol hairspray.

I order free samples throughout the year from various manufacturers...toothpaste, deodorant, bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, etc. The Budget Board runs a weekly "Freebies Thread" and I'm always getting samples from there. No need to refill bottles or pay a premium for something that the manufacturer is willing to give me for free.

You can check out the thread for the week of June 5 here:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1129886

they do sell travel size personal care products on the aveda website. And right now if your order is $50 or more you get a code for free standard shipping. Maybe this will work if you need other products?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!