Travel Insurance

Irishgrl

Mouseketeer
Does any one know the best place to get Travel Insurance? Also, would travel insurance refund your money if you have to cancel due to sick family member not traveling with you. Is there anything else I need to know when looking for Travel insurance?

Does any one know the best place to get Travel Insurance? Also, would travel insurance refund your money if you have to cancel due to sick family member not traveling with you. Is there anything else I need to know when looking for Travel insurance?

My advice would be to visit www.insuremytrip.com They offer lots of different choices by many different companies. You can choose what best fits your families needs. :)

Most good travel insurance companies will refund you for other non-travelling sick family members. However it does depend often on whether it is a preexisting condition. I would recommend reading the policy carefully.

As others have said, check out www.insuremytrip.com or www.tripinsurancestore.com.

And yes, most policies do cover you if the illness of a family member not traveling with you causes you to need to cancel your cruise or leave it early. It depends on the illness, their relationship to you, etc. And as bethybobs said, it also depends on if it's a "pre-existing condition" or not, or whether or not you have a pre-existing condition waiver (PEC).

A pre-existing condition is defined as a medical condition that occurred or was diagnosed within the "look back period" prior to your purchasing the insurance. Or it can also be a chronic condition which changed or for which the treatment changed during the look back period. Different policies have different look back periods. The pre-existing condition check applies to whoever it is that caused you to cancel or cut short your cruise. Be sure & read any policy before you buy it to be sure it covers what you want.

If you purchase the policy within 14 - 21 days of paying your first deposit (the length of time varies by policy) some policies will give you a PEC so that you may be covered even if it is a pre-existing condition. There are a couple of policies that offer a PEC if you purchase the policy before your PIF date, but they tend to be more expensive. Again, read the policy to see if they even offer the PEC, and if so, what the conditions are. Or you can call either website listed above. They are *very* helpful in helping you navigate all the options, and picking the policy that's best for you.

Sayhello

Here's my issue My MIL has Cancer she is just starting Chemo and I just wanted to make sure that if she is not well we can still cancel and get our money back. We have not booked our trip yet but, was thinking about booking in the next few days for October Cruise.

Here's my issue My MIL has Cancer she is just starting Chemo and I just wanted to make sure that if she is not well we can still cancel and get our money back. We have not booked our trip yet but, was thinking about booking in the next few days for October Cruise.

If you visit www.insuremytrip.com they have a phone number listed. I would call them and tell them what you need and they will make sure you get what you are looking for.

If she just started chemo, I can pretty well guarantee it would be considered a pre-existing condition (because her treatment changed within the lookback period for buying the policy.) But I would definitely call www.insuremytrip.com, tell them your situation, and find out if there's a policy that you can buy where you will qualify for a pre-existing condition waiver that will cover her Cancer. They are extremely helpful!

So sorry about your MIL.

Sayhello

I second those that have said to call Insure My Trip. I was told by Insure My Trip last month that they would refund our vacation for a severe illness of an immediate family member & that all pre-exsisting conditions are waved if the insurance is purchased within 14 days of your initial trip deposit. They said that they don't even check for pre-exsisting conditions as long as the insurance is purchased in that 14 dya time frame. I do not work for them though. So please, please give them a call & talk to someone about it.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I pray that the treatment will be successful for her & she will be back on her feet in no time.

I second those that have said to call Insure My Trip. I was told by Insure My Trip last month that they would refund our vacation for a severe illness of an immediate family member & that all pre-exsisting conditions are waved if the insurance is purchased within 14 days of your initial trip deposit. They said that they don't even check for pre-exsisting conditions as long as the insurance is purchased in that 14 dya time frame. I do not work for them though. So please, please give them a call & talk to someone about it.
Just to clarify, what you've said here is true for many of the policies sold on www.insuremytrip.com. But not all policies offer pre-existing condition waivers. Some have no pre-existing condition waiver no matter when you purchase them. Some, you can get the waiver if you purchase the policy within 21 days of your initial trip deposit. Some (usually much more expensive) you can get the waiver if you purchase the policy within 24 hours of paying in full. It's different for each policy. www.insuremytrip.com will help you find the policy that's best for you, and tell you the conditions needed to get the pre-existing condition waiver for the policy you choose.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter