Travel Insurance From Disney

THEDISNEYSHEALYS

Earning My Ears
I Have Cruised Other Cruise Lines On Short 3 And 4 Day Cruises In The Past And Have Never Purchased Travel Insurance. This Time We Are About To Book 7 Day Western Carribean For Oct 08 We Want A Family Stateroom And Are Not Sure About Insurance From Disney Or Another Agency On The Web. Would Appreciate Advice. Thanks!

I find Disney's Insurance overpriced. We always do buy insurance, but from insuremytrip.com...

Price it out online.

As a rule of thumb, I would never buy insurance from the company selling the trip. I know DCL's financials are just fine, but you never know. IF the company were to go belly up, you would be stuck with no recourse. We did not elect to get insurance on our upcoming trip, but had we, we would have gone with an outside provider.

As a rule of thumb, I would never buy insurance from the company selling the trip. I know DCL's financials are just fine, but you never know. IF the company were to go belly up, you would be stuck with no recourse. We did not elect to get insurance on our upcoming trip, but had we, we would have gone with an outside provider.

DCL is not the insurance carrier for their insurance. The policies that they sell are actually through an insurance company (the name escapes me right now). We usually go through insuremytrip.com and the prices are better for the same or better coverage. If you have any medical issues, and need to have "pre-existing condition" coverage, make sure you purchase your insurance right after you book your trip (I think most companies allow you 7 - 14 days).

DCL is not the insurance carrier for their insurance. The policies that they sell are actually through an insurance company (the name escapes me right now). We usually go through insuremytrip.com and the prices are better for the same or better coverage. If you have any medical issues, and need to have "pre-existing condition" coverage, make sure you purchase your insurance right after you book your trip (I think most companies allow you 7 - 14 days).

I believe AccessAmerica is actually the insurance company who handles DCL's insurance.

I am losing my mind reading fine print and talking to companies trying to be sure I buy the right policy.
I will meet family in Orlando for Xmas cruise. They fly in from Canada the night before and I want to insure that any weather problem that so delays their arrival that they miss embarkation will result in a full refund of the cruise cost.
Has anyone had this happen to them and been fully covered by Disney plan? ...or any other plan?:confused3

I believe AccessAmerica is actually the insurance company who handles DCL's insurance.

Yes - the insurance you buy from DCL is thru Access America. We purchased our insurance thru them on our first cruise in '05 & I saved the brouchure for future reference. I have it out 'cuz I am comparing it to other insurance for our next cruise because we are using a combination of our DVC points and cash. Anyway, it offered the following coverage:

1) Trip Cancellation & interruption protection - Up to the Trip Cost
2) Travel Delay - $500 per individual
3) Baggage Coverage - $3,000 per individual
4) Baggage Delay - $500 per individual
5) Emer. Med. Transportation - $30,000 per individual
6) Emer. Medical / Dental - $10,000 per individual

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter