Travel Guard or Royal Caribbean Insurance?

ms.yt

DIS Veteran
I booked a cruise through Costco, and I'm wanting to purchase travel insurance. Is there any particular difference between buying it directly with Royal Caribbean or through Costco's partner, Travel Guard?

Mpadovani2

Mouseketeer
Imho, I find them both to be overpriced. I believe travel guard has more generous coverages, but in the end, I shop all travel insurance at ************. You will find many different plans available at much lower prices with comparable or better coverages.

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
I always book through Travel Guard versus the ship's offered insurance. Usually because I get the cancel for any reason type policy and that is not cheap for me and my AARP card carrying hubby. But I consider it part of vacation expense. So far we have never needed to make a claim. Leaving for our next cruise on September 1!

• a1tinkfans

Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!
    I purchased travel guard thru, insure my trip dot com as that’s where I always go when buying travel insurance. I have had to use the insurance and it was a blessing to have.

Regardless where you buy it, buying it sooner rather than later will save you money, and always read thru exclusions.. if you Don’t see it there, you’re covered. I typically choose a policy with pre existent waiver And cancel for any reason and that’s usually not part of a cruise /air plan offered direct. You will be able to look at multiple plans at multiple price points and pick what’s best for you/rs
    Happy n safe travels to you!

gregorykicks

Accio Vacation!
    I use a third party site myself. That way I can get coverage for my full trip, at a coverage level I'm comfortable with.

If you buy through Royal and don't buy flights, hotels, excursions, etc.. through them then you're only covered for the cruise itself.

msjprincess

DIS Veteran
    I always buy through a third party. The last couple of cruises I ended up with C&F Travel Insured. The ended up with the best price for what we needed. It was $50 each for DH and me, and the kids were free.

• moericus

Mouseketeer
    If you have a Gold or Platinum credit card you might want to check it's coverage. I used Travelex last time, but didn't shop around too much to be honest.

dhardawa

DIS Veteran
    I always use insure my trip dot com and find their prices to be much better for better coverage. I’ve had to make a claim once and it was very smooth.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News