Travel clothes

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
I was wondering what everyone else likes to wear while traveling such as while on a plane or in the car during a road trip. I prefer a comfortable stretchy knit dress that doesn’t wrinkle, leggings, and slip on Sketcher flats. I usually pack in my carry on a knit cardigan or sweater that I can wear or use as a make shift pillow and fuzzy sleep socks.

Pretty much the same minus the leggings and fuzzy sleep socks. I like slip on shoes, possibly changing to soft slippers on a plane. The dress is perfect if it's warm. If I expect to be chillier at any point I prefer something athleisure, athletic pants and jacket with a t-shirt.

In the spring/summer or if I'm traveling to a hot destination, I'll wear a maxi dress with Sanuk yoga mat sandals and a cardigan. If it's chilly, I'll do leggings and fashionable sneakers with a long sleeve that looks put together. I will do anything to avoid traveling in a heavy coat! I'll always take my shoes off and put on fuzzy socks. I like to be comfortable, but look neat.

If traveling in summer shorts and a t-shirt plus a light jacket in case it is chilly on the plane. In winter leggings or jeans with a comfy long sleeve shirt and jacket.

Usually leggings, comfy shirt, slip on shoes, and I’ll bring a hoodie - I always get cold on planes. The car is different, then I usually wear jeans.

I dress for comfort all around.

If flying, I usually wear sweatpants, a light hoodie, and a t-shirt with sneakers or flip-flops. (Sometimes, I leave the bra in the carry-on if it's a longer flight or if it's a super late flight. Again, I don't really care and I'm wearing a hoodie anyway.) If it's warmer when I leave (which means my destination is also warmer), I wear Old Navy workout capris instead of sweats. My legs and feet are rarely cold in that situation. If I have any blisters or swelling in my feet, I wear flip-flops. I look like a loon, but I know I'm not alone.

If road tripping, I usually do the capris or jeans and a t-shirt, and I bring a hoodie with me. I learned not to wear shorts on a brief day road trip from Buffalo to Detroit (via Canada) and then Detroit back to Buffalo (via MI/OH/PA/NY) and my chafed legs (where they rubbed on the seat the whole trip) were not happy with me.

I have to wear compression tights, and they tend to slip down so I wear dresses, not pants, so it will be easier to fix them when needed. Something with a relatively long and full skirt so I don't worry about it riding up when I sleep. I always take a hoodie or cardigan in case it gets chilly and try to wear easy on/off shoes though often I wear whichever pair needs to make the trip that would need the most room in the suitcase. I take thick socks to wear over my tights as slippers when the shoes come off, and quality noise cancelling headphones.

I generally fly in either leggings if cooler or a stretchy pull on skirt. I also like skirts/dresses for driving to prevent things riding up. In either situation I’m almost always wearing heels...

Jeans and a hoodie-winter....jeans and a T-shirt-summer.

For a flight I dress in a way that will not restrict me if an emergency arises and I need to escape the plane. Nothing to snag on, weigh down etc. Proper shoes (sneakers).

I like being relaxed and comfortable but while On a plane I am going to be crushed and miserable no matter what , so I wear jeans and a nice shirt, cause I know no one wants me sexy legs against them

3/4 Tights, a loose fitting t-shirt, sneakers that i can slip off and bring one lightweight jacket and a hoodie. Also if it's a long flight bring have some fluffy socks with me.

Jeans or shorts, comfy shirt like tshirt, long sleeve jacket of some sort since it gets chilly usually and my tennis shoes. All are comfy for me.

I haven't flown more than 4 hours flights.

When I used to travel for work, I always wore a work outfit in case my luggage went astray. That way I'd have something to wear to whatever meeting I was going to. Since my luggage is better traveled than I am, it was always a possibility.

I have a couple of long sleeve and short sleeve versions of this Old Navy dress that I like wear when traveling. I feel like I'm traveling in sleep wear. I wore this version during a long road trip this past week and wore a short sleeve version this past summer during a 9+ hour flight to England.

cn15833291.jpg

Leggings with a long shirt/tunic, or a skort (mid-thigh, longer than typical tennis skirt) with a tee-shirt.

I've heard of "travel clothing" that's specifically thin polyester or nylon. Look up hiking-style "travel pants" and they're often nylon pants that are extremely lightweight and pack really tight if space in luggage is an issue. I think I can pack 4 pairs in the same volume as a pair of jeans. The other thing is that they can often be hand washed and air dried quickly.

However, on a plane I prefer loose jeans and a cotton T-shirt. I've heard of some extremely paranoid people worrying about the risks of wearing synthetic fibers on a plane.

We only do road trips. If it is winter, I wear jeans and a hoodie, in the summer it is usually running capris and a t-shirt with flip flops.

tcufrog - I have the same dress in 2 different colors :) They are comfortable, but I don't think I could travel in a dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter