Travel booking through Sam's Club?

Arcturus1020

A pirate's life for me . . .
Hello all. First a little about myself, as I'm a new member to the DISboards: I'm from the Chicagoland area and have been to Disney on 6 different occasions. The most recent, being in 2000 for my honeymoon. My wife and I have one daughter, and one beautiful Siberian Husky named Shadow. We're all very excited about planning our trip down to WDW this March (29th through April 4th) . . . well . . . everyone except for the dog that is, who will be having her own fun with some great friends who have agreed to watch her while we're away. About my screen name: because I know it's so not "Disney", I thought I should mention this. This is my most common screen name for many other boards I visit (501st Legion (yes, we march in the Star Wars Weekends parade), BikerScout.Net, Sith Lords Detachment, etc.), that I decided to also use it here.

The DISboards have been a great resource so far, and I've done a lot of searching for specific topics that I wanted to learn more about (like the buttons - how fun!) and familiarizing myself with the local terms here. As I said before, our family is planning a trip down to WDW this coming March for our girl's 8th birthday (and her first time down there!). I've checked out room availability as well as airfare through several different sites, including Disney dot com, but was wondering if anyone has ever booked a trip through Sam's Club, and if it was worth doing or not, and why. I'd really appreciate any input here!

I have never booked through Sam's. My last trip I booked through http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/. I heard good things about them before I book my trip. Well I wasn't DISappointed with them with, they were very helpful with booking everything. They even checked back to see if they could save me even more money after I already booked. They saved me around $500 on my trip compared to booking through WDW web site. They even E-Mail me my entire itinerary so I could print it out before I went. I would book through them again.

While I've never booked their Dreams Unlimited I've only heard fantastic things about them! Next time we go I will be booking with them! Sorry I know basically nothing about the Sam's Club booking... But just wanted to Say WELCOME to the Disboards! :goodvibes

I have contacted Sam's Club travel about booking a trip, but they turned out to be several hundred dollars more than booking myself through WDW. I do sometimes use AAA to get their discount for our longer trips. I am now an AP holder and I usually book room only, so if there is not a AAA rate, I wait until the AP rate comes out and book with that.

If you stick around here, you will always know when a discount is available, especially if you prefer to be the one in control of your trip.

I have to be in control because I travel with a disabled mother and have to be choosey about our accommodations.

Suzanne princess:

Never booked through Sam's I would compare what they offer and check w/local travel agents and booking through WDW. Then you can see what you are getting the most for:thumbsup2. Whatever you decide, :welcome: to the boards, and have a 'magical' trip with your family. Just ask away if you have other questions:goodvibes.

We booked a trip for five through Sam's in March 2005. The price was very comparable to the Disney website and everything went very smoothly. We are getting ready to make reservations for October 2008 and haven't decided who to go through yet. This time there will be nine of us ranging in age from 6 to 65 and we want three rooms at a value resort.

We booked a trip for five through Sam's in March 2005. The price was very comparable to the Disney website and everything went very smoothly. We are getting ready to make reservations for October 2008 and haven't decided who to go through yet. This time there will be nine of us ranging in age from 6 to 65 and we want three rooms at a value resort.

I think in that case I would check into a Magical Gathering.

Suzanne princess:

Good luck and Welcome!

We almost went with DU this trip but at the last minute I decided I just couldn't handle not having "control" over my vacation. Very often in the evening or on a weekend I will need to adjust some minor detail and I want to be able to call Disney direct and do that. I don't want to have to go through someone and wait for them to get around to me. For example, we are staying at WL this upcoming trip. About 2 weeks after we booked the trip our daughter said you know what, I think I do want the room with the bunk beds. Can we do that? 10 minutes later it was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter