Travel Agency for DL Trip?

OneThree

DIS Veteran
The DW up and out of the blue told me she’d like to take a trip back to DL which I am a big fan of.

Has anyone used a travel agency to book their trip? If so did you find it to be a better value than doing all the planning yourself?

The main thing I didn't like about using a travel agent is that I didn't 'own' my reservation. Any changes, special requests, etc had to be made through the TA rather than being able to call Disney directly. I also couldn't view my reservations online, only the TA can.

Price-wise, I got the same deal through the TA as if I'd done it myself. But this was back in the day when AAA was a Disney travel partner and they had really, really great prices, either self booking online/phone or with their TA. Cheaper than booking through Disney itself! Sadly, those days are now gone. Sigh.

You can always get a quote through a travel agent then look online or call Disney to see what their prices are. But be aware that Disney will NOT price match. I tried.

Last edited:
Though I’ve not needed to use the services of a Travel Agent for Disneyland since I live here, if you are considering one I might suggest Dreams Unlimited Travel (www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com) as they are owned by John Magi and Pete Werner, who also owns wdwinfo.com and these boards.

I’ve not used their services but they produce some great and helpful content so I can only imagine they would provide you top notch service!

I generally find it cheaper/easier/calmer to do it myself.

Really, you only need to book/purchase a few things--airline, ground transportation, hotel, and tickets. Since I will only fly one airline and only into one airport, that's a quick decision, and easy to know a good deal when I see it. We do a taxi/uber/lyft to get to/from the airport, so no need to book that ahead. We buy our tickets at the parks (we're military, so our tickets are easier to get at the park than going to the "local" base). I'm comfortable searching for a hotel on my own, and (bonus!) I can choose any hotel I want, because I'm not limited by the TA's company's contracts.

Of course, when you use a TA, you may get some extra goodies in a package they can do. But that's never made prices comparable in my personal experiences.

Have just booked Disneyland/DCA tickets, Grand Californian Hotel accommodation, flying on to Disney Aulani, and Aulani accommodation... I got a quote through an agent, and kept a few things from her that were reasonable, but went on to save myself thousands by booking my own transfers, getting the Disney accommodation renting DVC points...

But if the researching and booking is not something you feel predisposed to, I get why people would pay the agent to do the work...

The DW up and out of the blue told me she’d like to take a trip back to DL which I am a big fan of.

Has anyone used a travel agency to book their trip? If so did you find it to be a better value than doing all the planning yourself?

Depends in how long you are staying and if on resort or off etc.

If you don't mind doing your own research you can easily plan your own DL trip. Planned a trip to WDW? If yes this is a PIECE OF CAKE! TA unnecessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter