Trattoria Al Forno

DisneyKim41

Mouseketeer
How long should we allow for the Trattoria Al Forno breakfast? We have a reservation our last morning but our airport pick up is 1 hour and 35 minutes after our time. Can we make it and get back to the hotel?

Eeeeeeee, I'm thinking that would be a no go. Are you able to get an earlier time?
That's really tight, and also depends on your home resort.

Everything I've seen is you should leave yourself 90 minutes for a character meal, as there can be delays in getting seated, being served, meeting all of the characters, etc. So, with that assumption, you've left yourself zero travel time.

Where are you trying to get back to?

How long should we allow for the Trattoria Al Forno breakfast? We have a reservation our last morning but our airport pick up is 1 hour and 35 minutes after our time. Can we make it and get back to the hotel?
Unless you are BW or maybe BC/YC I'd say no. Even then, you are really cutting it close. I wouldn't risk it unless you are willing to uber/lyft back to the airport.

I would not keep this ADR. This is a recipe for a stress filled morning even if everything goes according to plan. YOur pick up time is 1 hour and 35 minutes ahead, however you need to be at the DME stop 15 minutes prior. In DME speak, pick up time means departure time. You only have an hour and 20 minutes to eat, return to the resort, gather your stuff, and get to the stop. I found out about the whole departure time the hard way.

We did this breakfast in May and the restaurant was extremely busy. We were sat close to 30 minutes after our ADR time and it took an hour for all of the characters to get to our table. The whole experience was close to 2 hours. I definitely wouldn’t risk it

Hey! I'm adding on to this old thread with a related question. We are staying near Trattoria al Forno at the Swan, but my parents will be at Boardwalk where it will be easy to stow luggage during breakfast. We have an opening breakfast reservation (7:30am), so I'm hoping if we get there early, we'll get seated immediately! We plan on taking an Uber to the airport, and our flight is at 10:30am. Does that seem doable? I really wanted a "bon voyage" breakfast!

Hey! I'm adding on to this old thread with a related question. We are staying near Trattoria al Forno at the Swan, but my parents will be at Boardwalk where it will be easy to stow luggage during breakfast. We have an opening breakfast reservation (7:30am), so I'm hoping if we get there early, we'll get seated immediately! We plan on taking an Uber to the airport, and our flight is at 10:30am. Does that seem doable? I really wanted a "bon voyage" breakfast!

Do you all have tsa precheck? That timing sounds way too tight for me, but I prefer to abide by the rule of arriving 2 hours early for domestic flights, which definitely won't happen with that schedule

I agree with @TheOneWithTheTriplets , that timing is way too close for comfort

You're probably right, and I think I (reluctantly) agree. I had looked up Delta airlines rules, though, and they say you need to be checked in 45 minutes before flights in Orlando. If it's a 30 minute drive for us on a Tuesday, then I was thinking it might work out! But when there are so many variables, it gets stressful, and it's probably not worth stressing about. Maybe we'll just do a Bon Voyage breakfast the day before.

Bon Voyage Breakfast is a wonderful experience, I would not want to be stressed about timing during the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!