Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

When was the last time you used them? We used them in March and everything was fine. I booked them again for our trip in 2 weeks and called today to confirm. Seems they are down to 2 town cars and sold their vans. UGH! I have been so happy with them. So now their farming out our transportation to another company. I may just look for someone else.

Oh no! I was just getting ready to book a car through Tiffany for our upcoming trip, but now it doesn't sound like that would be a very good idea.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

i have been using one car service for the past five years that i am very satisfied with.
i can't name the present company as it is not allowed on the dis.

prior to this one, i used murray hill

http://www.transportation2disney.com/

i used them for about 4 trips and they were wonderful.

Oh no! I was just getting ready to book a car through Tiffany for our upcoming trip, but now it doesn't sound like that would be a very good idea.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Well if you only used their town cars I wouldn't worry but if you book anything but they will farm the job out to another company. Still trying to decide what we're gonna do.

i have been using one car service for the past five years that i am very satisfied with.

I know the company you speak of that we can't speak of! :rotfl: Got a quote from them today - good to know you are happy with them! :thumbsup2 They were the same price and also included the grocery stop. Any driver you really like or they all good?

I'd love to get info on this also....I guess we will only need transportation from MCO to Royal Pacific. We will rent a car for our return, as we are headed to St. Pete and then coming back to go to Disney! Thanks for the great information!

When we go to Universal we rent a car from Hertz. This trip we can rent a car from Hertz and turn it in at the Hertz counter at the Portofino. Our 1 day rental cost me $34.

I was just planning on grabbing a taxi at MCO to RPR for the 4 of us. We don't need a food stop since we're doing club level. Is there any advantage to using a car service instead of a taxi?

I was just planning on grabbing a taxi at MCO to RPR for the 4 of us. We don't need a food stop since we're doing club level. Is there any advantage to using a car service instead of a taxi?

Nope not really other than the grocery stop. We have done both and it is convenient to just grab a cab.

Has anyone had an experience with quick_silver Tours & Transportation? I reserved one of their town cars to take the three of us from MCO to the Royal Pacific.

We used *********** a few years back; they were very reliable. We decided not to use them on our trip last month because we didn't need the grocery stop. It was easier, and a few dollars cheaper, just to get a taxi at the airport. For the return trip, there were plenty of Town cars lined up at Royal Pacific waiting to take you to the airport or anywhere you want to go.

I say it was easier because there was no need to look for the driver. When the kids were younger, it was nice to have an extra hand with the luggage. Now we don't have the need for it, so a taxi was fine.

Taxi it is then! Should I worry about getting a cab for our day at aquatica or maybe RPR will have a shuttle for this like they do for seaworld?

Taxi it is then! Should I worry about getting a cab for our day at aquatica or maybe RPR will have a shuttle for this like they do for seaworld?

The shuttle drops you off at Seaworld. You'd have to walk over to aquatica...not sure if there is transportation at Seaworld.

Well if you only used their town cars I wouldn't worry but if you book anything but they will farm the job out to another company. Still trying to decide what we're gonna do.

So, as far as anyone knows, we should be okay to book a towncar through Tiffany? Most of their reviews I've seen online have been quite positive, whereas many of the reviews for other companies not so much. :scared1:

Has anyone had any recent experience with Tiffany? They're not close to going belly up are they? Selling off all their vehicles doesn't sound good, but if they're still okay, I think I'd rather go through them.

We're coming in to RPR from Sanford airport and don't really want to take a taxi for such a long trip. And we don't want to rent because it will be a long drive, late at night to the hotel, and then we'd have to pay for parking the whole trip when we don't really plan on leaving the resort until time to come home again.

I think we use the same company. We used this company last year and really liked them. We are using them again for our trip back to the airport this year. :thumbsup2

Can anyone PM the name of the car service that can't be mentioned on the DIS. I am a little leery of using Tiffany if they are having problems. Used them last year for HHN and had no problems but I don't know this time around. thanks

Can anyone PM the name of the car service that can't be mentioned on the DIS. I am a little leery of using Tiffany if they are having problems. Used them last year for HHN and had no problems but I don't know this time around. thanks

I just checked on a new company in Orlando called Super Shuttle. I think they are quite common in other areas but fairly new to Orlando. If you go to www.supershuttle.com/entertainmentguide2013 you can book an Execucar for $50 one way to the airport. I didn't check round trip since we just need one way. That is the cheapest I have found so far.

I just called the Portofino Bay Hotel and was told that all three hotels have TOWNE CARS that will take you to the airport on departure. The fee is a flat rate of $55!!!!! You don't need to book them in advance...just go downstairs and request a car, and they will load you up and take you to the airport! I never knew the hotel had this service. I am going to cancel our car and just use the Loews Car Service. I hope this helps you!

I just called the Portofino Bay Hotel and was told that all three hotels have TOWNE CARS that will take you to the airport on departure. The fee is a flat rate of $55!!!!! You don't need to book them in advance...just go downstairs and request a car, and they will load you up and take you to the airport! I never knew the hotel had this service. I am going to cancel our car and just use the Loews Car Service. I hope this helps you!

the onsite hotels have had that for some time.
a few posters that have used them commented on the convenience of using it.

Is there anything on their website that talks about this? I couldn't find it. I'm wondering if they go to Sanford Airport or if they only go to MCO.

Thanks for posting about the town cars. We only need to go to the airport so that sounds like the best for us:thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!