Transportation to Daytona Speedway

LewL

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at the Boardwalk on July 4 and thinking about attending the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona. Is there any transportation to and from the race other than renting a car? I do not want to sit in traffic and was hoping there was a company that provided this for race fans that would be staying at WDW.

I went to the Daytona 500 last year (2008) I actually drove, and it wasnt bad traffic wise at all.Very well organized. I would recomend doing that if you already have a car, or rent a car. Also to park you want park across the street at one of those stores, I think it was like $40bucks, well worth it, easy to get back on highway. I ahd a friend that parked in free lot, in wich they bus you to and from, and on way home it took him alomost 2 hours just to get on the bus.

DH,DS,DD & friend went to Coke 400 this summer ( we were staying at WDW that week ) and they did a good amount of research to see if they could bus it up there or if there was some kind of van or shuttle (like airport service) they could use - - honestly, the only sort of alternative they could come up with was to Daytona airport and the price was just not worth it. We had a car so that is how they went. They left WDW around 1 pm and it took maybe about hour and half to get to where they parked which was just across & down road a bit from speedway in a shopping plaza parking lot (there was a McD's & hospital across side road exit - you can this see area pretty well if you do the google maps street view thing ).

Like cmanuli's post said DO NOT go to the free lots because you will have to take the shuttle bus and spend much much more time than you need to. DH said it was definitely worth $ spent ( think they paid around $30 - 40 too ) to park close and walk to/from.

Definitely pack sandwiches and drinks; they did but wish they took more along because later in evening they were hungry again and bought some track food and they said it was horrible :sad2: .

Coming back to WDW took them probably an hour longer than going only because DH made mistake of making a right out of parking lot driving back towards speedway to get on I4; apparently the thing to do would have been to go left (actually towards beach) and there is secondary road that loops around just south of speedway and takes you to I4 - DH & the kids figured this out of course after the fact because they saw all the haulers heading that way (and when he looked it up on google maps next day saw that the road the haulers headed out on was a much better alternative to get to the highway then trying to drive past front of speedway to get there ).

All in all they had a GREAT time ( they've been to Pocono a few times & went to Dover this fall too ) and said it was by far the most awesome race.

:goodvibes

We went to the Daytona Pepsi 400 a few years ago. We rented a car and drove. We've been to several races -Richmond, Las Vegas, Talladega and Bristol. The Daytona is the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter