Transportation to and from...

SweetMissy

Intactivist/Lactivist
I'm looking up different flight options and figuring out transportation. Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get a taxi from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Thanks!

Oh and can you rent carseats?

We are flying to FLL and cruising on the Magic from Miami in March. I did some searching, and the cheapest option for us was a transportation service. They charge $13 per person each way. A taxi was more than that, but I can't remember the exact cost. Hope this helps in some way.

Susan

I'm looking up different flight options and figuring out transportation. Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get a taxi from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Thanks!

Oh and can you rent carseats?

You can rent car seats from a car rental company IF you rent a car for about $65 a day. That was about a year ago.

Thank you Susan. What's the difference between a transportation service and a taxi company?

Chris...so no other option has carseat rentals? I've only rode in a taxi once or twice and this was before kids, so this wasn't an issue so I'm not sure how taxi companies do it with babies/kids.

A transportation company has larger vehicles and can haul more people. For example, we have 13 people booked with our transportation company in March, but we have about 39 people cruising with us. The transportation company we are using can transport all 39 of us if we need them to. I think the savings would depend on how many people are traveling with you. For us, we have four in my immediate family, and Disney transfers cost more than the transportation company, and a taxi really wasn't feasible since we are traveling with so many other people.

I hope this helps! :goodvibes

Susan

Oh ok gotcha! Wow...that's a lot you're going with. Is that your whole family or family and friends?

It's a mixture of both family and friends. We all get together every couple of years and do a DCL cruise. :goodvibes This time we have more people than we've ever had though. It should be tons of fun!

Susan

A transportation service is basically a shuttle service...like we used Seattle Express. They will tell you what time they will pick you up (or give you a choice of several times). You'll be in a van that may include other people. You may make another pick up or drop off on the way. But...the price is half or less what a "private" vehicle would cost.

For example, in Seattle we paid $12 per person and had a choice of 4 pick up times. I don't remember what the private limo/towncar was, but it was more than double (maybe even triple) this. OK, so we rode in a vehicle with 2 other pairs...bit deal? Not for us.

If you rent a car, you can also rent car seats. Budget charges $12 per day for car seats. If you decide to do a car rental, there are discount codes at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com.

If you book any kind of transportation service, limo/towncar/shuttle, or whatever, inquire in advance about car seats--many supply them at no extra charge. The airline will also fly them without counting them as a piece of luggage.

It's a mixture of both family and friends. We all get together every couple of years and do a DCL cruise. :goodvibes This time we have more people than we've ever had though. It should be tons of fun!

Susan

Sounds awesome! I'm sure you'll have loads of fun and so cool that everyone is able to go. I wish my whole family could....the more the merrier!

A transportation service is basically a shuttle service...like we used Seattle Express. They will tell you what time they will pick you up (or give you a choice of several times). You'll be in a van that may include other people. You may make another pick up or drop off on the way. But...the price is half or less what a "private" vehicle would cost.

For example, in Seattle we paid $12 per person and had a choice of 4 pick up times. I don't remember what the private limo/towncar was, but it was more than double (maybe even triple) this. OK, so we rode in a vehicle with 2 other pairs...bit deal? Not for us.

If you rent a car, you can also rent car seats. Budget charges $12 per day for car seats. If you decide to do a car rental, there are discount codes at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com.

If you book any kind of transportation service, limo/towncar/shuttle, or whatever, inquire in advance about car seats--many supply them at no extra charge. The airline will also fly them without counting them as a piece of luggage.

Thanks so much for all the info!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter